Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dunbar fills the empty spot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Dunbar fills the empty spot Reply with quote

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-NickEatmanBlog/RB-Dunbar-Signed-To-Roster-Radway-Back-On-Practice-Squad--/cbf8b050-c550-43b5-99e5-90438bf2729a

Quote:
The Cowboys signed Dunbar (5-8, 191) from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Monday. Taking his place on the practice squad will be wide receiver Raymond Radway, who has been with the Cowboys the last two training camps and spent all of 2011 on injured reserve with a broken leg. Radway, who was released back in August before the final preseason game, worked out for the Cowboys on Friday at Valley Ranch.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I'd like to say that this might spell the end for Felix, but kinda doubt that.

^^^mack
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dunbar, I do. But I don't think it helps to have 4 RBs on the roster. It's not Murray's fault the running game is 30th in the league. I was really hoping to add an offensive linemen. I know the talent pool for O linemen isn't great, but I just don't see Dunbar helping anywhere. Unless we are cutting Felix like Des mentioned.

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I like Dunbar, I do. But I don't think it helps to have 4 RBs on the roster. It's not Murray's fault the running game is 30th in the league. I was really hoping to add an offensive linemen. I know the talent pool for O linemen isn't great, but I just don't see Dunbar helping anywhere. Unless we are cutting Felix like Des mentioned.

I'm going to go ahead and assume Dunbar will be our KO returner from here on out. And I have no doubt he will be better suited for it than Garfield. He brings more quickness and elusiveness to that position. And I definitely wouldn't be mad if we decided to trade Felix at the deadline.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

Maybe he's being added to the roster to see what he can do in the return game. It wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, probably about 3 weeks to late, but Dunbar will bring us the field position we need instead of ALWAYS starting inside or at the 20 yard line. Field possession has been a huge reason we have struggled so much, look at where our drives stall out or turnovers happen, on the other side side of the field.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Dunbar a KR at NT?

Matts4313 wrote:

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Was Dunbar a KR at NT?

I don't believe he did.

He did see some time as a punt returner in the pre-season

^^^mack
acowboys62

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So an unproven, undersized RB is supposed to magically boost our KR game? Granted it can't get much worse than Jones, but anyone stop to think our scheme and blocking is also equally as awful as those we are putting back there.?
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acowboys62 wrote:
So an unproven, undersized RB is supposed to magically boost our KR game? Granted it can't get much worse than Jones, but anyone stop to think our scheme and blocking is also equally as awful as those we are putting back there.?

My thinking that Dunbar will be better back there is the fact that I think he will be more decisive when choosing a running lane. As a kick returner you can't afford to be indecisive. You have to move north and south and have a little wiggle to slip through some cracks. Felix doesn't have that right now. Now, I whole heartedly agree that the blocking needs to improve as well. But I feel Dunbar would do a little bit of a better job.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
acowboys62

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
acowboys62 wrote:

My thinking that Dunbar will be better back there is the fact that I think he will be more decisive when choosing a running lane. As a kick returner you can't afford to be indecisive. You have to move north and south and have a little wiggle to slip through some cracks. Felix doesn't have that right now. Now, I whole heartedly agree that the blocking needs to improve as well. But I feel Dunbar would do a little bit of a better job.

I don't think Devin Hester or Prime Time himself could do anything with our blocking. Every time I want the Cowboys take a kick off I assume we won't make it past the 15 because there is no wall, no lanes, just guys playing ole. The PR team is different, I am not sure if we have better blocking there or Dez really does make something out of nothing but at least we have some sort of PR return team.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm just a little confused here. Our offense is struggling big time because we cannot get the ball downfield due to inept blocking, which is the same reason we cannot get the running game going. Am I not correct?
So, we bring up Dunbar, a rookie RB, (never heard of him) and we have this rookie reciver that was soooooooo talented that he deserved his own thread in Beasley. He was going to set the world on fire ala Wes Welker. And yet, he has not even made the field in 4 weeks of play????
Someone, with a lot of patience and knowledge of the game, P-L-E-A-S-E explain!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Ok, I'm just a little confused here. Our offense is struggling big time because we cannot get the ball downfield due to inept blocking, which is the same reason we cannot get the running game going. Am I not correct?
So, we bring up Dunbar, a rookie RB, (never heard of him) and we have this rookie reciver that was soooooooo talented that he deserved his own thread in Beasley. He was going to set the world on fire ala Wes Welker. And yet, he has not even made the field in 4 weeks of play????
Someone, with a lot of patience and knowledge of the game, P-L-E-A-S-E explain!

We're waiting to unleash Beasley when teams least expect it.

^^^mack
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so again, if we canot get the ball downfiled because of a flimsy O line, why not use Beasley as the underneath guy you hit on a 2-3 step drop? Use him as a wedge to draw the DB's up or drop the DL or LB in coverage more where they will be less effective rushing the QB?
If he is a speedy WR with good hands he can be used very effectively this way.
What in the he!! is J.G. waiting for?!
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will have the first three running backs each run ten times into a brick wall, then the fourth should be able to break through.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: