Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kevin Faulk retires from NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how Faulk went from "fumble prone bust" to revered Patriots hero.

I know most of the people on this board weren't following the team before the Super Bowl run, but Faulk received as much hate as guys like Maroney, Meriweather, McCourty (nowadays), Butler, Wilhite et al. He was quite the whipping boy on Patriots forums and in conversation.

It wasn't really until 2003 when people really started to take a special liking to him. Even in the first Super Bowl run, he was behind Redmond on the depth chart and wasn't really used in the "clutch situations" that he is remembered for.

I hated the pick at the time and he drove me crazy early in his career but Faulk eventually became one of my favorite players. Hopefully he will end up getting involved with the team in some capacity going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Funny how Faulk went from "fumble prone bust" to revered Patriots hero.

I know most of the people on this board weren't following the team before the Super Bowl run, but Faulk received as much hate as guys like Maroney, Meriweather, McCourty (nowadays), Butler, Wilhite et al. He was quite the whipping boy on Patriots forums and in conversation.

It wasn't really until 2003 when people really started to take a special liking to him. Even in the first Super Bowl run, he was behind Redmond on the depth chart and wasn't really used in the "clutch situations" that he is remembered for.

I hated the pick at the time and he drove me crazy early in his career but Faulk eventually became one of my favorite players. Hopefully he will end up getting involved with the team in some capacity going forward.

I was going to mention this, he was really unpopular even through that first Super Bowl. 9 fumbles in his first two seasons in the league, its amazing how he turned it around. Probably after Troy Brown and Tedy my favorite Patriot of that era (not including Brady)

Deadpulse on the sig
tbperk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Was one of a small group (Brady, Harrison, Samuel, McGinest) that made you feel absolutely sure someone would come up when it really mattered.

^^^That
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
Was one of a small group (Brady, Harrison, Samuel, McGinest) that made you feel absolutely sure someone would come up when it really mattered.

One of those things is not like the other

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:

Yep, not sure why he added Samuel to that group... really.
Tom Brady Tribute
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:

Yep, not sure why he added Samuel to that group... really.

Me either Confused....in my defence its 4 am here.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 58 Yards: 812 TDs: 9
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGinest is another guy who was a lightning rod for Pats fans.

He went from soft, lazy,injury prone malcontent to respected team leader and one of the most important members of the team. though, like Faulk, McGinest's impact was much more important to the 2003 and 2004 teams than 2001. It's strange to think that he was left unprotected in the expansion draft and many Pats fans were hoping that he'd be picked up by Houston.

It's funny hearing McGinest talk up Pete Carroll these days because when Carroll was coach, McGinest was one of the guys who would reportedly undermine Carroll in training camp and practices. That whole 1998 and 1999 season was just a mess with that kind of stuff (like Lawyer Milloy and Vincent Brisby getting into a fight at a Big Brothers/Big Sisters charity event).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
McGinest is another guy who was a lightning rod for Pats fans.

He went from soft, lazy,injury prone malcontent to respected team leader and one of the most important members of the team. though, like Faulk, McGinest's impact was much more important to the 2003 and 2004 teams than 2001. It's strange to think that he was left unprotected in the expansion draft and many Pats fans were hoping that he'd be picked up by Houston.

It's funny hearing McGinest talk up Pete Carroll these days because when Carroll was coach, McGinest was one of the guys who would reportedly undermine Carroll in training camp and practices. That whole 1998 and 1999 season was just a mess with that kind of stuff (like Lawyer Milloy and Vincent Brisby getting into a fight at a Big Brothers/Big Sisters charity event).

Explain for us newbies, Old man Smile
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, i forgot to add this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHLriGCy8vs
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: