Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals RB Ryan Williams out for the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Could a guy like LaGarette Blount be an option? I see them making a trade rather than picking off the FA list.. Maybe Pierre Thomas? This opens things up for Mark Ingram and off course Sproles.

I'm sure we'd look at what NO would ask for 1 of their guys.

Whiz said he's not rushing to add another back just yet. Maybe we are going with LSH...

I like the idea of Blount, Thomas or Ivory coming here. Blount was actually rated by PFF as extremely efficient in pass protection, and he fits the scheme. I would take any, but the way I see it, the run blocking isn't going to get any better and we are going to be passing the ball frequently, so we might as well get a back who can protect Kolb.

I agree 100%. Blount's kind of a head case though. Whiner. Not sure he's the type of guy we'd look to bring in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Could a guy like LaGarette Blount be an option? I see them making a trade rather than picking off the FA list.. Maybe Pierre Thomas? This opens things up for Mark Ingram and off course Sproles.

Whiz said he's not rushing to add another back just yet. Maybe we are going with LSH...

I like the idea of Blount, Thomas or Ivory coming here. Blount was actually rated by PFF as extremely efficient in pass protection, and he fits the scheme. I would take any, but the way I see it, the run blocking isn't going to get any better and we are going to be passing the ball frequently, so we might as well get a back who can protect Kolb.

I agree 100%. Blount's kind of a head case though. Whiner. Not sure he's the type of guy we'd look to bring in.

I know what you mean. I just figure he will be cheap to obtain and a change of scenery could do him some good. He is a RFA next year, so if he is a headcase here, we part with him and not lose much.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I know what you mean. I just figure he will be cheap to obtain and a change of scenery could do him some good. He is a RFA next year, so if he is a headcase here, we part with him and not lose much.

All good points.

Per our beat writers, it doesn't sound like we'll be adding a back anytime soon.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many more weeks is Hightower out?
iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

He's been struggling with the injury even when he thought he was "healthy" enough to play. I don't think he'll be asked to come in at all.. was traded away for a reason (lost faith in him most likely).

Knowing this staff, I expect them to go a game or two with current stable and if they can't get it done, they'll look at someone else. I'd guess the argument is, they can only average 2.7/carry as is with workhorse backs, what makes it any more likely they'd strike gold elsewhere.

Meh.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

He's been struggling with the injury even when he thought he was "healthy" enough to play. I don't think he'll be asked to come in at all.. was traded away for a reason (lost faith in him most likely).

Knowing this staff, I expect them to go a game or two with current stable and if they can't get it done, they'll look at someone else. I'd guess the argument is, they can only average 2.7/carry as is with workhorse backs, what makes it any more likely they'd strike gold elsewhere.

Meh.

He fumbled a good amount here, 10 times in his last 2 years in the desert. Also, recovering from a knee injury, and I can't imagine the team is going to want to add someone not 100% healthy.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A point that has been glossed over by us all. Beanie can come back week 10 I beleive. I don't expect a roster move to be made now just to keep an inactive back there on gamedays. If injuries keep mounting up then yeah, but now. I don't think we add anyone.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Ryan Grant been signed by anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
A point that has been glossed over by us all. Beanie can come back week 10 I beleive. I don't expect a roster move to be made now just to keep an inactive back there on gamedays. If injuries keep mounting up then yeah, but now. I don't think we add anyone.

Our bye week is what, week 9? That'll help too.

I just feel awful for Williams. He really is a great kid. Deserved better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Has Ryan Grant been signed by anyone?

Ya, Redskins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Darren Urban, Beanie Wells isn't eligible to return until week 12.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
According to Darren Urban, Beanie Wells isn't eligible to return until week 12.

Could not remember whether it was 6 or 8 weeks he had to be out. Must be 8. He was put on IR after week 4.

younggun1273

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is something to think about. When Wells comes back on Week 12 and is eligible for the remaining six games, how much faith do you have in him to not get re-injured? His track record does not speak well to that and injuries have affected how well he has been able to play. Just another thing to think about.

The other reason I think we should make a move for RB is that at 4-1, this season is not in the tank, so moves should be made to ensure that the record remains strong. I want this team to stay competitive and make it to the playoffs.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Here is something to think about. When Wells comes back on Week 12 and is eligible for the remaining six games, how much faith do you have in him to not get re-injured? His track record does not speak well to that and injuries have affected how well he has been able to play. Just another thing to think about.

The other reason I think we should make a move for RB is that at 4-1, this season is not in the tank, so moves should be made to ensure that the record remains strong. I want this team to stay competitive and make it to the playoffs.

Which FA do you think is capable of doing a better job than LSK/Smith/Powell at the moment.

JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about this guys. I always hoped Williams would end up being a player. Drafted him in a few leagues. I was thinking about targeting William Powell in my fantasy league after I heard about this injury. What's the story with him? Talented guy or not worth it? Or is LSH the guy? I think I read in this thread he's nursing a groin injury so Powell seems like the likely starter next wk right? But he left the game last wk too? Confusing situation to me right now and the best option to me seems like trade for Ivory or sign Slaton.

Asking cuz I have Forte then Reggie on byes the next 2 weeks and my backup is BJGE. Don't mean to be insensitive lol

Shout out to justo on the avatar!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: