Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaine-stew wrote:
Blount is a better Runner.

We should split carries 50:50 instead of giving Blount 2 to Martins every 10.

Hopefully Schiano will start to use him more.

Yup yup. Blount needs more fourth quarter carries. Just no more sweeps. Laughing
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
Great win. Should of blown them out more by not getting a punt blocked, AND Barth should of hit that 55yarder...but I will take it Very Happy

I was shocked he missed it. Dang.

I thought I was gonna cry.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
blaine-stew wrote:
Blount is a better Runner.

We should split carries 50:50 instead of giving Blount 2 to Martins every 10.

Hopefully Schiano will start to use him more.

Yup yup. Blount needs more fourth quarter carries. Just no more sweeps. Laughing

Haha
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was skeptical of drafting a safety that high in the first round, but Barron is the real deal. What a difference a sure tackler can be for a defense from the safety position. What this defense does very well is tackle, runners aren't falling forward for extra yards or breaking tackle getting big chunks.

There is work to be done on both sides of the ball, but Coach Schiano has this team on the right path.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know many are screaming for Blount, but Martin had 76 yards on 13 carries, including a 42 yard reception
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know many are screaming for Blount, but Martin had 76 yards on 13 carries, including a 42 yard reception

And Blount had 58 yards on seven carries and a touchdown. Both were awesome today. We need to do that every week. I like a 2:1 Martin:Blount carry ratio.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice: Meredith did a very good job today at RG. Man Larsen was actually that BAD!
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

And Blount had 58 yards on seven carries and a touchdown. Both were awesome today. We need to do that every week. I like a 2:1 Martin:Blount carry ratio.

100000% agree
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I was skeptical of drafting a safety that high in the first round, but Barron is the real deal. What a difference a sure tackler can be for a defense from the safety position. What this defense does very well is tackle, runners aren't falling forward for extra yards or breaking tackle getting big chunks.

There is work to be done on both sides of the ball, but Coach Schiano has this team on the right path.

We've gotta be among the lowest in the league at missed tackles. Guys don't get many yards after contact against us. It's incredible.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

We've gotta be among the lowest in the league at missed tackles. Guys don't get many yards after contact against us. It's incredible.

A great stat during the broadcast. The defense leads the league in tackles for loss. Very impressive.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai Forbath just booted his first official 50 yd FG. Former Buc in pre-season!
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
I dont see how were going to win this one.

I just dont think we are that good of a team, and see us drafting top 5 when its all said and done.

Jamaal Charles will go wild on our D.
Thats not saying our run D is bad, but he manages to get loose on every D he faces, last week he had 140 on the ground against the RAVENS.

And even if Quin does start at QB, our CB's SUCK. Overall our whole D is bad against the pass, we rank last.

And on offense, outside the first game we have not done anything. And I keep saying that the first game, Carolina was not prepared for the season. I have not seen a Bucs offense this bad since the 06 season when we had like 17 injuries...

I will probably get a lot of hate for this but..
Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

Having said all that, I hope I am totally wrong about everything I wrote

We haven't lost by that much against better teams than the Chiefs, and our offense had quite a showing in the 2nd half against the Redskins and late against the Giants, and really nothing of note in the first game.

The Ravens run defense is 20th in yards per game. We're 4th.

Predicting we'll lose is fine but the rest doesn't make sense to me.
Good point. Not to mention, Tampa is coming off a bye week. There's no way we lose this game by more than 1 possession with ALL of the advantages pointing in our favor. And the way we played against the NFC East this year, I can see us blowing them out if we stop running the damn ball so much.

Woah. Blowing them out? Lets not get too far ahead here. Remember tampas offense , well freeman came out looking like a dud. If it weren't for cundiff missing 3 make able fgs were never in that game against Washington and many seem to forget that. This is far away from a sure win. Unless the bye week really helps and we look like a new offense then I see this one being a nail biter.
Blow out victory. Freeman had 26 pass attempts vs our run 24 attempts. This game would have been much closer if we played conservative like we did weeks before.

Can't wait to see what we look like against the Saints next week. Should be a good one. Sullivan has to call the games the same way and Free should have another 300 yard performance.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

And then you look at the Chiefs and I'm like why isn't Eric Berry making a huge impact? Barron had his best game all year and I look for him to keep on improving as the time passes. Glad to see him come down and be active in the run defense. Next week though his ball skills will be tested but so far so good.

Speaking of the defense man, does E.J Biggers look like a different player or what? He is playing better than Talib in limited action and its not even close. Eric Wright did a good job on Bowe as well. Then again Brady Quinn probably made them look better than what they are by consistently making late throws. If they turned the corner will be tested next week against Brees. We need McCoy to show up for the Saints after having a solid game in which he got doubled every play it seemed. Chiefs have a good offensive line though so, I think McCoy breaks out.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Great Win (I got to talk smack to my dad who is a chiefs fan so that was a win in itself)
Quick notes
-Freeman was bailed out twice as it was mentioned by Williams and by Underwood (so far one of the catches of the year in my opinion), but yet had several drops in the first half that hurt hid numbers.
-Continuing on this is Freeman's second consective game of 300 yards passing (I'm giving him two weeks ago because he threw for 299) and for the second striaght week he came alive with his throws in the second half (can we get him started earlier)
-O Line did an AMAZING job keeping Freeman clean all day, to have only given up one sack is highly impressive
-Eric Wright had an amazing game holding down Dwayne Bowe (started him today and regretted it) limiting him to minimal catches (Bowe had to make spectacular catches just to get any)
-Ronde (that is all I need to say) with that amazing pick, thought he could have a second one until i saw the replay how much he stretched just to get one hand on the ball
-Mark Barron is a monster, it's great to have a sure tackling Strong Safety after going through the years of seeing Sabby and Sean Jones man that position
-It was nice to see VJax and Mike Will have great games, and a solid job of sully game planning the shots down-field to expose the one on one coverage
-Did not see GMC getting as much pressure as i would have thought originally, but the chiefs do have an amazing (sp Solid???) O-line.
-Not going to lie I was crushed when Barth missed the 55 yarder (and I'm playing against him in my fantasy league)
-McCluster seemed to be the main target for Quinn today which has me worried next week about Lance Moore in the slot since we are down on corners
-Loved getting a blowout win (something that this team needed for this new regime)

Overall it was great win as was stated earlier we need more consistency from Freeman (getting started earlier would help), continued great play from the wideouts with some Blount sprinkled in. On D we need better play from our corners (or continued type play from Eric Wright who balled out today), better pressure from our D-Line. And Lets get after the Saints next week!
Fire the CANNONS!

Adopt A Buc(s)
Mark "the Red" Barron
65 (12 asst.)tkcls| 1 sack| 2 ints| 0 ff
Buccaneer Bruce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs fans were talking some serious **** before the game at the stadium... what a turd team they have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: