Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
V-JAX!!!!!!!

What a fricken catch!!!!

What are Free's second half stats?

10/13 (76.9% completions)
206 yards passing (15.85 YPA)
2 TD/0 INT
157.85 QB Rating

Awesome.

It was good to see our offense get in a rhythm and get on track. We saw much more shotgun (3/4 wide) formations today - I'm not surprised that our offense played so well with a more aggressive offense. We have been clamoring for this for a while. Sullivan called a great game. The bye week did wonders for this team.

The defense was phenomenal. We didn't get too much pressure on Quinn, but the secondary really clamped down. What can you say about the run defense? It's legit. Big-time performance against a punishing rushing attack.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
V-JAX!!!!!!!

What a fricken catch!!!!

2 TD/0 INT
157.85 QB Rating

Awesome.

It was good to see our offense get in a rhythm and get on track. We saw much more shotgun (3/4 wide) formations today - I'm not surprised that our offense played so well with a more aggressive offense. We have been clamoring for this for a while. Sullivan called a great game. The bye week did wonders for this team.

The defense was phenomenal. We didn't get too much pressure on Quinn, but the secondary really clamped down. What can you say about the run defense? It's legit. Big-time performance against a punishing rushing attack.

I didn't realize we held Charles to 40 yards. I know they had more rushing yards than that as a team, but holding the NFL's leading rusher to 40 yards is a huge accomplishment. This run defense has done a complete 180.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
V-JAX!!!!!!!

What a fricken catch!!!!

2 TD/0 INT
157.85 QB Rating

Awesome.

Today was the way this team should attack press man with single high safety. Freeman has excellent touch on his deep throws, he keeps them inbounds and gives his WRs a chance to catch the ball. I have been pleasantly suprised by Underwood, he has been a nice compliment as the #3 WR.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats...you shut down Charles more than any team ever has...no joke.

I hope you guys now realize your offensive game planning is genius compared to what we do. We're sitting here with Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston...then you guys lose Talib with what was already the worst rated pass D and we attempt like ONE pass over 10-12 yards...the pass that Baldwin almost caught with one hand.

Quinn isn't the most accurate QB, but much more so than Cassel and the feeling is he's a dink and dunk guy, but clearly if the coaches WANTED him throwing the ball down field, then we would've seen that. He played well enough, the picks were drops or deflections and since we weren't a threat to throw deep, you guys always had two or three defenders around the ball to either ensure the tackle or make the INT.

Maybe this strategy somehow works against another team, but when nearly all your passing plays are glorified runs or 6-7 yards down field against a team that is strong against the run, we are playing right into your hands instead of testing your weakness. Rolling Eyes

Hope Freeman can keep it up, he made some good throws against some good coverage.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
V-JAX!!!!!!!

What a fricken catch!!!!

2 TD/0 INT
157.85 QB Rating

Awesome.

Yep I was very impressed with Josh's play. He played very well especially in the 2nd half. He needs to build more consistency though and the accuracy issues are still there with throwing at guys feets still wen open.

He's got to eliminate those but overall nice performer. KCs defense is 11th overall in the league and we carved them up like a thanksgiving turkey. Beautiful job.
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Congrats...you shut down Charles more than any team ever has...no joke.

I hope you guys now realize your offensive game planning is genius compared to what we do. We're sitting here with Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston...then you guys lose Talib with what was already the worst rated pass D and we attempt like ONE pass over 10-12 yards...the pass that Baldwin almost caught with one hand.

Quinn isn't the most accurate QB, but much more so than Cassel and the feeling is he's a dink and dunk guy, but clearly if the coaches WANTED him throwing the ball down field, then we would've seen that. He played well enough, the picks were drops or deflections and since we weren't a threat to throw deep, you guys always had two or three defenders around the ball to either ensure the tackle or make the INT.

Maybe this strategy somehow works against another team, but when nearly all your passing plays are glorified runs or 6-7 yards down field against a team that is strong against the run, we are playing right into your hands instead of testing your weakness. Rolling Eyes

Hope Freeman can keep it up, he made some good throws against some good coverage.

That's actually very kind of you. I know how you must be feeling about the Chief's, after all we went 4 - 12 last year. I know that turning things around is a long process and we are still working to improve. You folks are the same, you have some great players, but then others that are holding you back. Good luck as you forge ahead and continue to add better players to your team and strive for a more exciting team in the future. I find that Charles, Bowe and McCluster are exciting to watch......as long as they are playing somebody else. Wink
Diesel00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the game but forgot to see who started at Right Guard, I heard that Meredith was the guy. It seem that the O-line did pretty well with only giving up one sack and rushing for 145 yards. Can anyone give me more details.
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We needed a game like this

The defense was on point the whole game. I would have liked to see a couple of sacks but there was constant pressure on Quinn, enough to keep him rattled. Its amazing how the linebackers have turned it around. Foster is an animal, David is living up to his hype, and even Black has looked improved.

The secondary even looked good. They gave up a couple plays but that's to be expected. I thought Biggers came in and did a very good job. His play was solid and he did a good job assissting Rondes pick.

Barron is a beast and I'm so glad we went with him instead of Claiborne.

Overall the defense looked like a top defense. They shut down the NFLs leading rusher and held some good recievers in check. The defense only gave up three points.

Its on to the Saints now. What worries me is NO is a pass happy team and our defense plays the run first. Do the saints come out slinging or do they come catch us playing pass
and run it down our throats.

I'm really looking foward to what kind of gameplan the coaches will imply and how the players come out and execute against a better team. We need to flush Brees out of the pocket as much as possible. McCoy needs to wreak havoc.

Also looking for Barron to blast to rivals and add another interception to his resume.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your secondary didn't give up ANY plays of note...we didn't even test your secondary except for the 6 or 7 yard passes.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Your secondary didn't give up ANY plays of note...we didn't even test your secondary except for the 6 or 7 yard passes.

yup...only gave up a couple comeback routes...I'll take that all day

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

And that would be the Chiefs fault for not trying passes down the field.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching this i'm not really impressed by the score or the win really.. the chiefs just looked really bad, and it was mostly because of brady quinn, but mike williams made some nice catches and vincent jackson too... Although of course the run defense was impressive as it has been this year, not much impressed me about the offense
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
After watching this i'm not really impressed by the score or the win really.. the chiefs just looked really bad, and it was mostly because of brady quinn, but mike williams made some nice catches and vincent jackson too... Although of course the run defense was impressive as it has been this year, not much impressed me about the offense
Really? The same Chiefs team that held the Ravens to 9 points. (And they beat the Saints in OT this year) Wow, what will it take for Tampa to impress the fans, score 45 points? Shocked
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Really? The same Chiefs team that held the Ravens to 9 points. (And they beat the Saints in OT this year) Wow, what will it take for Tampa to impress the fans, score 45 points? Shocked

I was impressed and ill admit ill be this teams biggest critic.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

lol right? It's the NFL. There are no slouches. Yes their backup QB was in, but every Chief fan wanted that....

man enjoy the win. Schiano said it best...There's not many times at any level where you can enjoy a 28 point lead on the sideline and smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: