Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how were going to win this one.

I just dont think we are that good of a team, and see us drafting top 5 when its all said and done.

Jamaal Charles will go wild on our D.
Thats not saying our run D is bad, but he manages to get loose on every D he faces, last week he had 140 on the ground against the RAVENS.

And even if Quin does start at QB, our CB's SUCK. Overall our whole D is bad against the pass, we rank last.

And on offense, outside the first game we have not done anything. And I keep saying that the first game, Carolina was not prepared for the season. I have not seen a Bucs offense this bad since the 06 season when we had like 17 injuries...

I will probably get a lot of hate for this but..
Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

Having said all that, I hope I am totally wrong about everything I wrote

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

I just dont think we are that good of a team, and see us drafting top 5 when its all said and done.

Thats not saying our run D is bad, but he manages to get loose on every D he faces, last week he had 140 on the ground against the RAVENS.

And even if Quin does start at QB, our CB's SUCK. Overall our whole D is bad against the pass, we rank last.

And on offense, outside the first game we have not done anything. And I keep saying that the first game, Carolina was not prepared for the season. I have not seen a Bucs offense this bad since the 06 season when we had like 17 injuries...

Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

We haven't lost by that much against better teams than the Chiefs, and our offense had quite a showing in the 2nd half against the Redskins and late against the Giants, and really nothing of note in the first game.

The Ravens run defense is 20th in yards per game. We're 4th.

Predicting we'll lose is fine but the rest doesn't make sense to me.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

We haven't lost by that much against better teams than the Chiefs, and our offense had quite a showing in the 2nd half against the Redskins and late against the Giants, and really nothing of note in the first game.

Good point. Not to mention, Tampa is coming off a bye week. There's no way we lose this game by more than 1 possession with ALL of the advantages pointing in our favor. And the way we played against the NFC East this year, I can see us blowing them out if we stop running the damn ball so much.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

Good point. Not to mention, Tampa is coming off a bye week. There's no way we lose this game by more than 1 possession with ALL of the advantages pointing in our favor. And the way we played against the NFC East this year, I can see us blowing them out if we stop running the damn ball so much.

Woah. Blowing them out? Lets not get too far ahead here. Remember tampas offense , well freeman came out looking like a dud. If it weren't for cundiff missing 3 make able fgs were never in that game against Washington and many seem to forget that. This is far away from a sure win. Unless the bye week really helps and we look like a new offense then I see this one being a nail biter.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the way we win this game is if we put points on the board fast. making the chiefs play catch up and having to throw almost every time.. which would take charles out of the game.. but we do have to watch out for Bowe but thats our best chance i believe
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

What part of the rest makes no sense to you?
The part where it dont matter that if Brady Quinn starts because we suck against the pass and are statistically the worst?
Or the part where our offense is terrible until the last 2 min of the game where we finally move the ball when its too late?

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs 23
Chiefs 10

Heard it here first. Very Happy
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

What part of the rest makes no sense to you?
The part where it dont matter that if Brady Quinn starts because we suck against the pass and are statistically the worst?
Or the part where our offense is terrible until the last 2 min of the game where we finally move the ball when its too late?

I get what you're saying and I'm not trying to flame your prediction but I don't get where it's coming from. Freeman is worrisome but we're coming off a Bye and they have talked a lot about addressing the offense. I hope that they have. As for the defense, we've ONLY played talented QBs so far this season. Whether it's Brady or Cassel it's a massive step down in talent compared to what the defense was playing.

Anyway yes, we are and will continue to be statistically horrible against the pass because we got up very early on Eli Manning - when he still was throwing to Hakeem Nicks. When your team has the lead, the other team will pass to keep up. That's why the Packers and Patriots defenses were ranked so poorly last year, because their offenses were so good and almost always had a lead. When you have a game with 510 yards it skews the stats, and if we could stop blitzing DBs on critical plays (like we did against Dallas for the most part) we'd be better off. It doesn't generate the pressure we need and leaves other DBs on an island.

Now, I'm not worried about the Ravens not stopping Jamaal Charles, but I am worried that they only put up 9 points because they have a very balanced and usually effective offense. I'm worried that they have some great skill players on offense that are explosive, and that they can still lose 37-20 when giving the ball up 6 times in the Chargers game.

I don't necessarily think we are better - I think we're pretty even but with different strengths - but we have been more consistent. I think this game is decided by 1 score again, I'm just not sure who takes it.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is what are Freeman's strengths? Please don't say 2010: moving outside the pocket...yadda. The league knows about 2010. You can't play that style of football forever at qb. The NFL (not for long league) figures things out (cam newton) and how to beat them. What qbs like Freeman and Newton need to do is adjust at becoming a better pocket passer and only use the legs when needed not consistantly.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

Bucs 10
Chiefs 21

Woah. Blowing them out? Lets not get too far ahead here. Remember tampas offense , well freeman came out looking like a dud. If it weren't for cundiff missing 3 make able fgs were never in that game against Washington and many seem to forget that. This is far away from a sure win. Unless the bye week really helps and we look like a new offense then I see this one being a nail biter.
We CAN blow them out if we stop running the ball so much. The Chiefs allow the 5th highest QB rating in the NFL and they give up 4.4 YPC on the ground this year. This will be one of the easiest games on the schedule all year for us offensively.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Thing is what are Freeman's strengths? Please don't say 2010: moving outside the pocket...yadda. The league knows about 2010. You can't play that style of football forever at qb. The NFL (not for long league) figures things out (cam newton) and how to beat them. What qbs like Freeman and Newton need to do is adjust at becoming a better pocket passer and only use the legs when needed not consistantly.
His deep ball; passes thrown over 30 yards his QB rating is at 118 this year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3) Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I actually feel pretty confident in this one.

We're coming off a bye week. The last half we played, Free looked like a legitimate QB. Johnson and Te'o Whatever had a good week and a half of solid reps filling in at RE. The coaching staff has shown the ability to adapt... and I say that loosely. Hopefully the week off gave our coaching staff a chance to reevaluate what it is that actually works.

As for Kansas City, damn... They seem to be struggling quite a bit. Their own fans are turning on 'em. It's not looking good for them. They've still got Charles. You can't even tell he had a serious knee injury. That's about it. They're defense ain't bad... til you see they're giving up almost 29 points per game.

If Free is let loose, I think we can actually put up some points and win by at least 10.

I'm the guy who came in here to support Freeman (over Cassel) and now I see atleast one fan sees some good in him again. You're going against a D that really struggled scheme/injury wise it's first two games that has really limited Brees, Rivers, and Flacco (compared to a normal game) in consecutive games and now you see Freeman doing big things? We'll see...

The Bolts were way up and could run clock, but the other two needed scores in the 2nd half and simply couldn't get em.

Her are the totals defensive numbers the last 3 games:

879 yards (293/game) none over 300
63 points (21/game)
11 sacks
3 INT
11/36 on 3rd down (30%)
7 total drives over 50 yards
13 scoring drives against us (7 FG's, 6 TD's (40 yards/per TD drive)
13 turnovers by our offense

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have trouble giving us this game just because a couple of their strengths match our weaknesses.

- Bowe is a big, physical wideout, and I can see Talib struggling with him mightily. Especially if he is left alone.

- Charles is amazing, especially when he gets into open space. If he breaks containment on us, he's gone.

- Despite our quarterback only being somewhat effective when passing deep from the shotgun, our coach insists on a plodding, slow, power I offense where we run up the gut about 25 times a game. Well, they have a good rush defense and a bad pass defense. Many people are saying "We had the bye and worked on the offense....Freeman should be let loose...the coaches will adapt to Freeman....blah blah blah.." Washington had the worst pass defense in the league, still took most of the game to decide to throw past 6 yards. No faith here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3) Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
I actually feel pretty confident in this one.

We're coming off a bye week. The last half we played, Free looked like a legitimate QB. Johnson and Te'o Whatever had a good week and a half of solid reps filling in at RE. The coaching staff has shown the ability to adapt... and I say that loosely. Hopefully the week off gave our coaching staff a chance to reevaluate what it is that actually works.

As for Kansas City, damn... They seem to be struggling quite a bit. Their own fans are turning on 'em. It's not looking good for them. They've still got Charles. You can't even tell he had a serious knee injury. That's about it. They're defense ain't bad... til you see they're giving up almost 29 points per game.

If Free is let loose, I think we can actually put up some points and win by at least 10.

I'm the guy who came in here to support Freeman (over Cassel) and now I see atleast one fan sees some good in him again. You're going against a D that really struggled scheme/injury wise it's first two games that has really limited Brees, Rivers, and Flacco (compared to a normal game) in consecutive games and now you see Freeman doing big things? We'll see...

The Bolts were way up and could run clock, but the other two needed scores in the 2nd half and simply couldn't get em.

I'm actually in agreement with u. Many but fans said Washington was going to be Freeman's breakout performance and he stunk it up and buried our defense in holes in the first 3 qtrs almost.

I said that KC would not be an easy opponent despit there record. Our fellow buc fans fail to realize we are also 1-3.

As a Bucs fan I'm hoping for a blowout and win. From looking at it outside the box I see a tight game going either way. Both teams don't have very good qbs.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Freeman probably won't be let loose, I expect the same conservative gameplan that we've seen every week.

I read that they want to gameplan more to Freeman's strengths and that they are trying to get him to buy more into the system. Those seem like conflicting reports to me, so I'm not sure what to expect.

But if we're playing Matt Cassel we should win this game. However I do think the Chiefs are a little more dangerous than their record indicates, so a W shouldn't be expected.

After them we have a rejuvenated Saints team so I hope we get it together, I think the season rides on this game. 1-4 is too much to recover from IMO.

I want to see the defense really play well against the Chiefs skill position players.

You guys are the unlucky ones NOT having the pleasure of facing Matt Cassel. It wouldn't matter how you cover our skill positions, Cassel routinely misses Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster, Moeaki, when they are open...he stares down Bowe (leading to picks) or checks down to a RB. Quinn is no world beater, but he showed a lively arm and hit the target in stride in his 4 attempts against the Ravens. We obviously have terrific weapons and could really do some damage as long as the coaches don't dumb down the offense now that we have someone in there who can make actual NFL throws.

If Quinn put up 300 on you guys...well there is no shame in that as the WR's are very good and the threat of the run game gives QB's a chance for big ones, but Cassel just can't do it.

As for Charles, he has proven over his career to run just as good against top run D's. The only time he has ever been ineffective since taking over in '09 is...well never, unless you blow us out early....they generally save him for next week....just check the game logs. It really don't matter if you're the #1 run D or #32, it all depends on how well our passing game is doing and if we stay in the game so we can keep giving him the ball. The Ravens knew we were running every down and he went for 125 in the 1st half.

Ideally we'd like him to get 18-20 carries a game, but with Hillis out he'll get closer to 30 in a tight game, which is bad news for whoever we play during that stretch and somewhat for KC as we'd like to make his career last as long as possible. If Cassel was even a marginal threat, we would've kicked the Ravens asses.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: