Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aqib Talibís agent says criminal case has been dismissed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Aqib Talibís agent says criminal case has been dismissed Reply with quote

Quote:
Talibís agent, Frank Perez, told Rick Stroud of the Tampa Tribune that the charge against Talib for assault with a deadly weapon has been dismissed by prosecutors in Texas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/18/aqib-talibs-agent-says-criminal-case-has-been-dismissed/
Dancing
It looks like Talib will not have to go to jail. Figured that he might get off this. Hopefully he can put this behind him and go forward with his life, and career with our Tampa Bay Bucs.

Off Topic: The Rocket got off today. It's a good day for athletes in court today

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah buddy! Thats what Im talkin about. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if the Commissioner gave him a suspension but I would be upset about it. It happened during the lockout and Talib, according to this, actually did nothing. So he better not get suspended.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? I wonder how big the check was.

How many games does he get suspended? Two? Four?
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

Yeah, given Talib's history Goodell may still choose to bring the hammer down on him.

All in all this is great news. A healthy Talib makes us a much better defense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, but Lord Goodell will probably still give him a hefty suspension.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4640/aqib-talib

Per Perez, the Texas prosecutors felt their primary witness would not be credible. "The bottom line is that the complaintant is sitting in jail as a repeat child molester and has prior cases of the same nature," Perez stated

Im guessin no check was needed

Not Guilty, yall got ta feel me!!

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time it was Talib dodging the bullet, Laughing anybody?

But on a serious note, we needed this. With such thin depth at CB already and Eric Wright's mystery health issues, if he were in jail, it would be a long year for our secondary.

Now that we know he's not going to jail, I'm expecting big things out of him this year. This should be the year where he starts to make a name for himself across the league, especially with this being his contract year. I'm glad now that Schiano didn't cut him immediately like I would have. He saw something and I trust his judgement. Let's hope he truly did put all these off-the-field issues in the past.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:

But on a serious note, we needed this. With such thin depth at CB already and Eric Wright's mystery health issues, if he were in jail, it would be a long year for our secondary.

Now that we know he's not going to jail, I'm expecting big things out of him this year. This should be the year where he starts to make a name for himself across the league, especially with this being his contract year. I'm glad now that Schiano didn't cut him immediately like I would have. He saw something and I trust his judgement. Let's hope he truly did put all these off-the-field issues in the past.

Yea I can see Schiano getting him back into good shape. He was scared about that Talib was going to jail but now he isn't its looking good.

Just think of the CB position if he was gone to jail
Eric Wright - Leonard Johnson - E.J. Biggers - Myron Lewis - Keith Tandy - Derrick Roberson - Anothey Gaithers. Not that good looking right there but with Talib we have some good depth behind him.

The one person that I am high on would have to be Leonard I heard that he was doing well in OTA and Mini Camp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xlfrosti wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Yea I can see Schiano getting him back into good shape. He was scared about that Talib was going to jail but now he isn't its looking good.

Eric Wright - Leonard Johnson - E.J. Biggers - Myron Lewis - Keith Tandy - Derrick Roberson - Anothey Gaithers. Not that good looking right there but with Talib we have some good depth behind him.

The one person that I am high on would have to be Leonard I heard that he was doing well in OTA and Mini Camp

I think Leonard is going to surprise a lot of people. He's not the next coming of Darelle Revis, but in time he could be a decent starting CB. I'm also looking out for Anthony Gaitor when the preseason rolls around. He did well last year in August and hopefully we'll see some improvement.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
xlfrosti wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

I think Leonard is going to surprise a lot of people. He's not the next coming of Darelle Revis, but in time he could be a decent starting CB. I'm also looking out for Anthony Gaitor when the preseason rolls around. He did well last year in August and hopefully we'll see some improvement.

Yea he won't be that but like you said he should be a good #2 CB I think. As for Gaitor I didn't see much of him last year so I really don't know much about if he going to do well. I think the thing that needs to happen for these CB to play good is getting to the QB. Hopefully McCoy/Price/Clayborn and come out and play lights out to help that CB position. Plus we do got Barber back there with Barron. Who I am high on to.

Can't wait for this season love what we did in the FA and Draft Applause

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGE!

Hopefully this put enough of a scare in him that he steps back and realizes that something has to change.

I expect him to beast this year Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Good news, but Lord Goodell will probably still give him a hefty suspension.

Why? What did he do? Nothing. He has a history but according to what happened today, he did nothing during the lockout. Honestly, you could say his name was just run through the mud because he was around an incident that he did not participate in. Plus, didnt players who actually did stuff during the lockout not get any penalty? Now I know Goodell probably wont see it that way but really, thats exactly how Talib's whole thing could be described.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Why? What did he do? Nothing. He has a history but according to what happened today, he did nothing during the lockout. Honestly, you could say his name was just run through the mud because he was around an incident that he did not participate in. Plus, didnt players who actually did stuff during the lockout not get any penalty? Now I know Goodell probably wont see it that way but really, thats exactly how Talib's whole thing could be described.

You know that not pursuing charges anymore doesn't mean Talib didn't do anything wrong, right?
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say......

Told ya so! Don't doubt my man! Pro Bowl this year, watch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbtb135 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

You know that not pursuing charges anymore doesn't mean Talib didn't do anything wrong, right?

Oh it doesnt...

Innocent until proven guilty. Based on that premise Talib did nothing wrong and if Goodell suspends him, its based off of something that he was not proven to do or be a part of, well, thats stupid. Just because he has a history, it doesnt mean Goodell should just suspend Talib based off what he thinks may have happened if it wasnt proven. Evidence, and based on the case being dropped there is none.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: