Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys, I will say that unlike most people I don't feel quite as confident going into this game. The Hawks are getting completely overlooked IMO, you guys have some of the best personnel to stop a team like the Pats and the NFL is all about matchups. The 12th man will play a big factor if the Pats need to rely on the no-huddle to move on Seattle. I think at best we win a close one.

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only won 4 games in 2008 and lost to the pats by 3. Cassell was the QB but that was actually a very good team that went 10-6 and would have been competitive if they won the tie-breaker to earn a spot.

That's a 4 win team vs. a 10 win team. We might be talking about at 10 win team vs an 11 win team. Its going to be a 7 point game either way.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third Rider wrote:
Hello guys, I will say that unlike most people I don't feel quite as confident going into this game. The Hawks are getting completely overlooked IMO, you guys have some of the best personnel to stop a team like the Pats and the NFL is all about matchups. The 12th man will play a big factor if the Pats need to rely on the no-huddle to move on Seattle. I think at best we win a close one.

I agree. The only worrying factor will be stopping Welker/Hernandez. Marcus Trufant is our weakness in the nickel D and he will be the one covering Wes Welker. Also, our 3rd down D is average and Welker is a 3rd down machine.

If we can stop the 3rd down completions, then we can keep the game close. We need to force punts, not field goals.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
Credit HawkBlogger for the stat:

"Remember all the players the Seahawks should have drafted ahead of Irvin? Quinton Coples, Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, and Courtney Upshaw have combined for 3.5 sacks. John Schneider should be sending every box score from all of these players to Mel Kiper Jr. every week."

Bruce Irvin on the other hand has 4.5 sacks on his own.

In BRUUUUUCCCEE we trust!

For what it's worth, while the others have been bad to awful to non existent, Chandler just won defensive rookie of the month and looks like an all pro in the making and is stout against both the run and a feared pass rusher. He has 3 sacks a pass deflection and 2 FF.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
Credit HawkBlogger for the stat:

"Remember all the players the Seahawks should have drafted ahead of Irvin? Quinton Coples, Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, and Courtney Upshaw have combined for 3.5 sacks. John Schneider should be sending every box score from all of these players to Mel Kiper Jr. every week."

Bruce Irvin on the other hand has 4.5 sacks on his own.

In BRUUUUUCCCEE we trust!

For what it's worth, while the others have been bad to awful to non existent, Chandler just won defensive rookie of the month and looks like an all pro in the making and is stout against both the run and a feared pass rusher. He has 3 sacks a pass deflection and 2 FF.

For what it's worth:

DeMarcus Ware 104.5 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

Clay Matthews 37.5 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

Charles Johnson 34 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

Chris Long 33.5 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

I see a recurring theme here, Do you? I see after this sunday:

Chandler Jones 3 sacks in first 5 games of career, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
imani

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INJURY REPORT

The official report, as released by the team:
Out
OG John Moffitt (knee)
Did not practice
C Max Unger (hip)
DT Clinton McDonald (groin)
DL Jaye Howard (foot)
Limited in practice
RB Marshawn Lynch (back)

Patriots

Did not practice
WR Julian Edelman (hand)
S Steve Gregory (hip)
TE Michael Hoomanawanui (concussion)
LB Tracy White (foot)
Limited in practice
RB Brandon Bolden (knee)
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)
DE Brandon Deadarick (ankle)
Justin Francis (ankle)
TE Rob Gronkowski (hip)
TE Aaron Hernandez (ankle)
LB Donta Hightower (hamstring)
OG Logan Mankins (calf/hip)
C Nick McDonald (shoulder)
CB Sterling Moore (knee)
RB Shane Vereen (foot)
OT Sebastian Vollmer (back/knee)
WR Wes Welker (ankle)
Full participation
DT Kyle Love (knee)

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone with Gronk on their fantasy might want to bench him, because Kam-Bam is going to be all over him like white on rice.

Kempes

#JDI
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Everyone with Gronk on their fantasy might want to bench him, because Kam-Bam is going to be all over him like white on rice.

Tracy White will be covering Sidney Rice?, seems like a mismatch Very Happy

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a good one to watch. Brady will get his points (probably in the 20-25 range), and I just don't see Russell Wilson matching that. Will be fun to watch the Seahawks defense at home though, I've always enjoyed watching the 12th man in action. If I had to guess, 24-13 Patriots.

Deadpulse on the sig
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:

Ummm...... no. If I bench Gronk, I gotta play Golden Tate and he doesn't have a QB who can get him the ball on a consistent basis. I gotta play my very best players. Wink If I go down, I'm going down, playing the odds. Very Happy
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Kam's forte is not really man to man coverage.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gronk's been hampered by some injury the last few weeks. He's always a red zone threat, but I don't think he'll be racking up huge numbers between the 20s anyways.

Deadpulse on the sig
chpjns15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Should be a good one to watch. Brady will get his points (probably in the 20-25 range), and I just don't see Russell Wilson matching that. Will be fun to watch the Seahawks defense at home though, I've always enjoyed watching the 12th man in action. If I had to guess, 24-13 Patriots.

I doubt Brady will be putting up 20+ points. No teams offense has scored more than 14 points on our defense. And we have faced the Panthers, Packers, and Cowboys, all who have high-powered offenses.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see around 20 points being scored on us though. They have matchup problems against our D.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

I doubt Brady will be putting up 20+ points. No teams offense has scored more than 14 points on our defense. And we have faced the Panthers, Packers, and Cowboys, all who have high-powered offenses.

There's been nothing "high-powered" about Carolina or Dallas on offense this year. And Green Bay's O-Line was unbelievably awful in that game. Not much to put up against the number 1 offense in the league led by a future HOFer.

Not to say Seattle's defense won't give us problems, they will. But if we stick to the gameplan and exploit the mismatches that play to our advantage (getting the no huddle going with Irvin in and running the football right at him; Gronk/Aaron against the LBs, and Tom Brady's decision making against an aggressive front seven), I like our chances. What killed us against Arizona was getting away from our strengths, once we got back to that at the end of the game, we moved the ball at will. There aren't many teams at any point in the last decade that are/were capable of holding this offense over the course of 60 minutes.

Deadpulse on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 5 of 42

Jump to: