Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson was okay but I'm still skeptical. He is looking to get outside of the pocket WAY too often, especially to his right side causing a lot of unnecessary penalties on Giacomini to stop the sack from happening. This is a pretty stupid comparison, but I see a TON of Madden players do this with any QB and it usually results in me winning games by 40+ points (always control a safety and can man secondary players like a pro, resulting in half the field isolation and picks if they try to throw across).

He needs to STAY in that pocket, and if he can't because of his height than 3 TDs, 130+ QB rating or not (against a bottom 10 D *cough*) I don't want him as the starter.

I do LOVE his leadership ability and the fact that when he scores and gets his team in it he is RIGHT back in that playbook and trying to improve. Love that. Would rather have that then Cam "LOL OMG I SCURREDDD!!!"!"""!!1111!!!!" Netwon. But we'll see. I said it the moment we drafted him and announced him starter, I did not agree with the decision to start and wasn't a huge fan of the draft pick. I want him to prove me wrong (PLEASE DO! I'm not getting paid to do this) but we'll see.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Um. He is improving and this was his best game. I said that in my long overview post last night (at least I think I did). But just because he's improving doesn't mean he's not continuing to hold us back.

He led nearly the entire league in passer rating this week (only a point behind a 6 TD performance of Rodgers). Give me a bleeping break.

I actually didn't think there were any of you left...

even Hugh Millien who has been probably the biggest critic of Wilson had glowing remarks after Sunday.

C'mon, let's not pretend like he was perfect or that the offense really even looked good. We had 10 points in the first 50 minutes! I can think of several plays off-hand that are directly on him. He continues to bail out of the pocket too early and he continues to struggle seeing the entire field. I don't know when Wilson became this player that we couldn't critique.

They are critiquing him..you just don't like the outcomes. He's good...does things flynn can't. does things flynn won't. He's a gamer and a leader. Throw a wonderful ball and understands the game..very heady. Improvement needed...but he is the reason why your winning..point blank.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Um. He is improving and this was his best game. I said that in my long overview post last night (at least I think I did). But just because he's improving doesn't mean he's not continuing to hold us back.

He led nearly the entire league in passer rating this week (only a point behind a 6 TD performance of Rodgers). Give me a bleeping break.

even Hugh Millien who has been probably the biggest critic of Wilson had glowing remarks after Sunday.

C'mon, let's not pretend like he was perfect or that the offense really even looked good. We had 10 points in the first 50 minutes! I can think of several plays off-hand that are directly on him. He continues to bail out of the pocket too early and he continues to struggle seeing the entire field. I don't know when Wilson became this player that we couldn't critique.

They are critiquing him..you just don't like the outcomes. He's good...does things flynn can't. does things flynn won't. He's a gamer and a leader. Throw a wonderful ball and understands the game..very heady. Improvement needed...but he is the reason why your winning..point blank.

Dude.....what? He is FAR from the reason we are winning. Since it sounds as if you're talking about the season as a whole, I'd say the reason we are winning is maybe because of the #1 defense we've boasted and the #1 statistical RB in the NFL right now (not sure if that still stands after week 6). The fact that we're 4-2 with 3 of those wins being 4th quarter comebacks knowing the rankings I just stated tells me that QB play and coaching are holding this team back. Sorry, but that's the truth. There's a reason we're the 32nd ranked passing offense, and it's not just coaching.

And to say I don't like the outcomes is ludicrous. I pimped out Russell Wilson as a top 3 overall prospect in 2012 if he was a few inches taller and said he had perhaps the best raw ability of any QB in the class. I said he was a great pick for us in the 3rd round and should be fun to watch develop. I have absolutely nothing against Wilson as an individual and I certainly do not WANT to see him fail. I am Seahawks fan. I want to see my Seahawks play the best brand of football that they possibly can. The only point I'm making is that I don't believe we are playing our best football right now due in large part because of who is under center. I still think Wilson needs time to grow, whereas Flynn understands the game already. He's proven in limited time that he can game. What exactly does he do that Flynn doesn't? His elusiveness? Because I'd say his elusiveness is perhaps his biggest weakness considering how much he relies on it.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Dude.....what? He is FAR from the reason we are winning. Since it sounds as if you're talking about the season as a whole, I'd say the reason we are winning is maybe because of the #1 defense we've boasted and the #1 statistical RB in the NFL right now (not sure if that still stands after week 6). The fact that we're 4-2 with 3 of those wins being 4th quarter comebacks knowing the rankings I just stated tells me that QB play and coaching are holding this team back. Sorry, but that's the truth. There's a reason we're the 32nd ranked passing offense, and it's not just coaching.

And to say I don't like the outcomes is ludicrous. I pimped out Russell Wilson as a top 3 overall prospect in 2012 if he was a few inches taller and said he had perhaps the best raw ability of any QB in the class. I said he was a great pick for us in the 3rd round and should be fun to watch develop. I have absolutely nothing against Wilson as an individual and I certainly do not WANT to see him fail. I am Seahawks fan. I want to see my Seahawks play the best brand of football that they possibly can. The only point I'm making is that I don't believe we are playing our best football right now due in large part because of who is under center. I still think Wilson needs time to grow, whereas Flynn understands the game already. He's proven in limited time that he can game. What exactly does he do that Flynn doesn't? His elusiveness? Because I'd say his elusiveness is perhaps his biggest weakness considering how much he relies on it.

Flynn has 2 good games under his belt. Not sure how he would be better for this team. How do we know he isnt like Kevin Kolb and cant handle being a starter. Kolb had his 2 good games and everyone loved him he got a chance to start and since then has been benched for vick, traded, benched for skeleton. How do you know Flynn isnt the same as kevin kolb?

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Flynn has 2 good games under his belt. Not sure how he would be better for this team. How do we know he isnt like Kevin Kolb and cant handle being a starter. Kolb had his 2 good games and everyone loved him he got a chance to start and since then has been benched for vick, traded, benched for skeleton. How do you know Flynn isnt the same as kevin kolb?

Personal QB evaluation, which obviously isn't something tangible or really anything that I would expect to sway any of your opinions. It's the same way I pimped out Ryan Tannehill for this team because I saw a special player even when most labeled him as overrated and a reach. Now he's playing great football in this league. I've went over every snap of Flynn's NFL career and while he's certainly not the player Tannehill is (I say that as a skillset comparison, not who's the better player), he flashes a lot of the same nuances of the game which you really can't teach. To be honest, Wilson flashes most of these traits as well, and that's part of the reason I loved him as a prospect, but I just don't think he's as ready for this job as Flynn is after having watched both players in limited snaps.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why people are expecting Wilson to be perfect as a rookie. If you compare his stats to every rookie who has started in the last 20 years he's in the top 5. He's the most wins as a rookie in their first 6 games. While the defense great helps him he's also thrown 2 GW TD passes. How about we compare him to a rookie in a comparable situation, a QB who relies on his defense and running game. 

Joe Flacco: 107/167 1076 YDs 2 TD 7 INT

If Wilson was 6'4, people would be saying we have a great QB for the next ten years. A QB who is leading his team, making plays and performing clutch when it matters. He's performed great for a rookie but his height will always overshadow his achievements. 

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
If Wilson was 6'4, people would be saying we have a great QB for the next ten years. A QB who is leading his team, making plays and performing clutch when it matters. He's performed great for a rookie but his height will always overshadow his achievements. 

Not always. If he can overcome some of his negative tendencies I won't be nearly as hard on him. For a guy that preaches about mirroring Brees' play, he really doesn't. Brees is a god at stepping up in the pocket and making the timely throw in spite of his height, whereas Wilson chooses to bail at the first sign of pressure and cut the field in half for the defense. That is, by far, my biggest gripe with him. The second he fixes this you'll see my praising him more than anyone in here (maybe not that much) and you'll see our offense really pick up the slack.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Shazor4 wrote:

Not always. If he can overcome some of his negative tendencies I won't be nearly as hard on him. For a guy that preaches about mirroring Brees' play, he really doesn't. Brees is a god at stepping up in the pocket and making the timely throw in spite of his height, whereas Wilson chooses to bail at the first sign of pressure and cut the field in half for the defense. That is, by far, my biggest gripe with him. The second he fixes this you'll see my praising him more than anyone in here (maybe not that much) and you'll see our offense really pick up the slack.

Wilson is showing improvements in regards to staying in the pocket. You can't expect him to get that issue out of his system in 5 weeks. He is actively showing that he is starting to trust the protection. I saw him step up or step around the pocket and make some nice throws against the Pats that he wasn't doing in the first couple of weeks.

He is still talking off out of the pocket unecessarily, but we have to take the lumps with a rookie. We were spoilt in having a solid starter in Hass for a few years.
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russel is at least improving on his happy feet issues. I was probably his biggest critic after the Arizona and Packer games over this issue, it was driving me insane But he is improving game by game, so there is hope. And remember he's only a rookie with less than half a season under his belt. Although I understand the gripes about wanting to win this season. But hey, we're 4-3 at worst coming out of the toughest part of our schedule, not too bad.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

That ended last week

We've been 31st

We've been bottom 5 (if not last) in attempts all season

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hawks4ever8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to... tom took the first shot... it is not my falt... Cool

adopt-a-hawk team: Kam Chancellor
Alan Branch
Marcus Trufant
Byron Maxwell
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawks4ever8 wrote:

you should rock that as an Avy SoS

imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Shazor4 wrote:

What are his biggest flaws and your biggest gripes. Pocket awareness and staying inside it? How many QBs have that problem, AMONG other things? Leadership, confidence, accuracy, ball placement, mobility, arm strength, and football IQ will never be something we lack in our QB. How many other passers can say that AMONG other things?

hawks4ever8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawks4ever8 wrote:
it's kinda my pic... bro!

adopt-a-hawk team: Kam Chancellor
Alan Branch
Marcus Trufant
Byron Maxwell
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

You're not even the biggest critic. There was another Seahawks fan that basically was saying that Russell Wilson has peaked and you guys were doomed to mediocrity

I was more going against that position which is absurd to say a rookie has peaked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: