Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Week 6: Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (3-2)

vs

New England Patriots (3-2)

And now it's....

...Storytime with SaveourSonics!

We bring you Dateline where they are broadcasting a Tom Brady interview the Friday prior to the game

Katie Couric: Alright, and we're back with New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who just told us that his favorite snack is strawberry funnel cake with chocolate sprinkles.

Tom Brady: Thanks Katie, I'm glad to be here! Love me some sprinkles!

Couric: Right...well. Your next opponent is the Seattle Seahawks. What're your thoughts on them going into Sunday?

Brady: To be honest Katie, I haven't been thinking about it.

Couric: But....but that makes no sense Tom. It's Friday, you must be thinking about the game in 2 days.

Brady: Nope, not me Katie. Don't really wanna think about it.

Couric: Okay Tom I'm so sorry. Drool

Brady. It's okay Katie, you're only human. Next question. Preferably about late night snacks, the Bachelorette, and/or potatoe salad recipes.

Couric: Well Tom I hear you like dancing. Can I ask about th--

Brady: OMG! I love dancing. I've never missed a Dancing with the Stars episode and I dance every day.

Brady: Aren't I just the best dancer!

Couric: Honestly....pretty fruity.

Brady: Come again, Katie?

Couric: Holy model, Batman. I mean, you are a great dancer Tom....dance with me?

Tom Brady: We don't have time for that Kate, next question.

Couric: Okay....well next we're going to open it up to Twitter and let some of your fans ask you questions.

Couric: Okay, here's the first Twitter question from a fellow with the tag "@imani"

Couric: @imani says, "Yo Brady, you sound scared of the #1 defense in the league. Wuddup?"

Brady: NEXT QUESTION KATIE, GOD DAMMIT!

Couric: But Tom, it's a fan asking a question...

Brady: I SAID NEXT QUESTION!

Couric: Okay, sorry Tom, next question.

Brady: It's okay Katie, I forgive you for blowing up like that.

Couric: Okay well our next Twitter question comes from @Tooki who says, "Cheers from Zealand Mr. Brady! The Legion of Boom called, they wanted me to tell you to get health insurance."

Brady: DAMMIT KATIE MAKE IT STOP! THAT WASN'T EVEN A QUESTION! I DON'T WANNA THINK ABOUT THE SECONDARY THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED! IT GIVES ME NIGHTMARES! I HAVEN'T SLEPT FOR A 4 DAYS!

Couric: I'm sorry Tom! Dateline has a short video to play in light of the recent topic.

Couric: If you don't know Tom, that is Member #3 of the Legion of Boom.

Brady: Oh---oh god. Make it stop...please....show mercy.

------------------------------------------------------

Now let's get some predictions and pregame chatter up in here. Coming off a sloppy win, this may be the toughest team we've faced all year. As always, [i]Give 'em hell

How do they get blown out by Seattle

Prediction: 17-15 W

3 Keys to the Game
1. TEs vs LBs

We've struggled in the past covering TEs and have been victim to some pretty big games in the past. Jason Witten should have murdered us, Finley came up big a few times, and we've seen the Rams and Panthers TEs get open. It will be critical in this game that Wagner/Hill can cover Hernandez and Wright can cover Gronk. Hernandez should actually be a bigger mismatch for this huge defense than Gronk will.
2. Get Your Head Out Of Your...

Let's face it, our offense is not good. But the only thing that can kill a drive more than bad playcalls is stupid penalties. We nearly had 2000 yards of positive plays taken away by penalties last week and that's why you end up with so few points. Breno needs to be benched if this is an issue yet again.
3. #1 vs #1

This is a game featuring the NFL's #1 Total and Points Defense vs the NFL's #1 Total and Points Offense. It's a battle of two opposites and it should be interesting to see which side wins. Belichick is a master of gameplans and I'm sure he's pinpointing our weaknesses, so it will largely be up to the coaching staffs to make sure we are equally prepared. We cannot afford wasted drives by the offense or 3rd down miscues by the defense. The homefield advantage should be noticeable.

Key Matchup of the Game: Tom Brady vs Middle Defense
I've come to the point where I really don't worry about the opposition's outside receivers. Brandon Lloyd should be locked down for the most part (though he burned Sherman last year on a double move) and whoever is opposite him should be dealt with as well. However, the likes of Trufant versus Welker is a big problem. Gronk versus anyone other than KJ or Kam is a mismatch. Hernandez on anyone other than maybe Earl or Bobby is a mismatch. This is where the Patriots could potentially expose us, and we need that group to step it up to win.

It'd be really nice to get another upset at home. Pride in Blue and Green, go Hawks.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story was amazing as usual/.I can not wait for this game. We are gunna upset the Pats and shut down Crybaby Brady. I have a ton of buddies that are Pats fans so this is gunna be awesome.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a season definer. I thought 4-4 was our best case scenario halfway through the season. If we can steal one on sunday, we have a chance to make a very strong push to finish the year, where the schedule will be much easier.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Player of the Game: Earl Thomas

My X-Factor: Russell Wilson

My Most-Feared Opposing Player: Tom Brady

My Rookie Spotlight: Bobby Wagner

My Match-Up of Interest: #1 D vs. #1 O

My Final Score Prediction: 24-20 W

-----------------------------------------------------

Template

Quote:
My Player of the Game:

My X-Factor:

My Most-Feared Opposing Player:

My Rookie Spotlight:

My Match-Up of Interest:

My Final Score Prediction:

Boom!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Hernandez is scheduled to come back this game. He's still hurt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Legion of Boom!
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this game at home, I think we have a decent chance provided our defense hurries Brady all day. No pass rush = no win

Need to get more creative on offense though - I don't think 17 points is going to be enough.
Boom!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit HawkBlogger for the stat:

"Remember all the players the Seahawks should have drafted ahead of Irvin? Quinton Coples, Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, and Courtney Upshaw have combined for 3.5 sacks. John Schneider should be sending every box score from all of these players to Mel Kiper Jr. every week."

Bruce Irvin on the other hand has 4.5 sacks on his own.

In BRUUUUUCCCEE we trust!

Legion of Boom!
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
I don't think Hernandez is scheduled to come back this game. He's still hurt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this is the first time he will be a game time decision, but don't quote me on that.

It was a 4-6 weeks injury when it happened, this would be week 4. If he does play, he won't be 100%

SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Boom! wrote:

I think this is the first time he will be a game time decision, but don't quote me on that.

It was a 4-6 weeks injury when it happened, this would be week 4. If he does play, he won't be 100%

He was questionable for the game against Denver, I expect him to be probable and a gtd.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the mention SoS Wink

An injured Hernandez can still do something. Hopefully KJ can do some work on Gronk, we don't want Tom Brady throwing 3rd down completions to him.

The O needs to make another jump. This is the first (functioning) high powered O that we will play this year.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:

An injured Hernandez can still do something. Hopefully KJ can do some work on Gronk, we don't want Tom Brady throwing 3rd down completions to him.

The O needs to make another jump. This is the first (functioning) high powered O that we will play this year.

I would consider the panthers, packers, and maybe even dalls to have very good - elite offenses.

They dont function well because they are playing our defense Laughing

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I would consider the panthers, packers, and maybe even dalls to have very good - elite offenses.

They dont function well because they are playing our defense Laughing

The other teams have been off for their respective reasons. The Panthers are playing against the team's skillset and the Packers aren't on key.Dallas? Ok you win!

My point is, the Pats are the #1 O in the league, against (statisically) the #1 D in the league. We will need the pass rush (thank god we are at CenturyLink)

Also, Sebastian Vollmer is questionable. I feel sorry for whoever is stuck at RT against Bruce
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Player of the Game: Marshawn Lynch

My X-Factor: Russell Wilson

My Most-Feared Opposing Player: Tom Brady/Rob Gronkowski

My Rookie Spotlight: Bruce Irvin

My Match-Up of Interest: Our LBs ve their TEs

My Final Score Prediction: 24-17 Sea

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Story was amazing as usual

Thanks man! Figured I owed you guys.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this may be considered cheating, but how our front 7 (really front 8 including Kam) match up against their OL, TE's, and RB's is going to be critical.

The Pats run game has thrived this year, it has become a big part of their offense. Shut the run game down, get up in Gronk and Hernandez' face and shove them around. If we do that, we have a great chance at stopping them defensive.

Than it's all up to the run game on our end.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 1 of 42

Jump to: