Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Seattle Seahawks vs New England Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Plush


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 1402
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed pats fans regurgitating the same line about how the pats will use success running because they go at Bruce irvin...I dont see it being a significant factor in this game. Not as much as what seems to be perceived.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandman55


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure whether Seattle really has the best defense in the NFL, but I feel pretty certain that the Seahawk's defensive backfield is the best group in the NFL against the run. Perhaps better than any other team in the NFL, the Hawks could likely defend against the run with a bunch of midget speed pass-rushers on the Def. Line than any other team.

Does anyone REALLY think the Pats would run all over the Hawks if we have "pass-rushers" like Irvin and J.Jones stuck on the line due to a no-huddle offense, considering we can still have Mebane, KJ, Wagner, Kam, BB, Sherm, and ET (and even Trufaunt who is decent against the run for a corner) playing behind them? I think, with even our pass rush team on the field 24/7, this defense would still be top 10 vs. the run. If our run D was all based on our front 7, it'd be one thing, but our 4 defensive backs range from amazing to well above NFL average against the run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 28261
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandman55 wrote:
I'm not sure whether Seattle really has the best defense in the NFL, but I feel pretty certain that the Seahawk's defensive backfield is the best group in the NFL against the run. Perhaps better than any other team in the NFL, the Hawks could likely defend against the run with a bunch of midget speed pass-rushers on the Def. Line than any other team.

Does anyone REALLY think the Pats would run all over the Hawks if we have "pass-rushers" like Irvin and J.Jones stuck on the line due to a no-huddle offense, considering we can still have Mebane, KJ, Wagner, Kam, BB, Sherm, and ET (and even Trufaunt who is decent against the run for a corner) playing behind them? I think, with even our pass rush team on the field 24/7, this defense would still be top 10 vs. the run. If our run D was all based on our front 7, it'd be one thing, but our 4 defensive backs range from amazing to well above NFL average against the run.



Could not have said it better myself. Welcome to the forum btw
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21455
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Should be a good one to watch. Brady will get his points (probably in the 20-25 range), and I just don't see Russell Wilson matching that. Will be fun to watch the Seahawks defense at home though, I've always enjoyed watching the 12th man in action. If I had to guess, 24-13 Patriots.


I doubt Brady will be putting up 20+ points. No teams offense has scored more than 14 points on our defense. And we have faced the Panthers, Packers, and Cowboys, all who have high-powered offenses.


There's been nothing "high-powered" about Carolina or Dallas on offense this year. And Green Bay's O-Line was unbelievably awful in that game. Not much to put up against the number 1 offense in the league led by a future HOFer.

Not to say Seattle's defense won't give us problems, they will. But if we stick to the gameplan and exploit the mismatches that play to our advantage (getting the no huddle going with Irvin in and running the football right at him; Gronk/Aaron against the LBs, and Tom Brady's decision making against an aggressive front seven), I like our chances. What killed us against Arizona was getting away from our strengths, once we got back to that at the end of the game, we moved the ball at will. There aren't many teams at any point in the last decade that are/were capable of holding this offense over the course of 60 minutes.
You better hope Mebane isn't lined up next to Bruce than. Mebane is going to wreck havoc on your interior OL.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Hawks D vs. the Patriots O will be a stalemate for the most part, sure Brady may get a TD or 2, but I don't see much more than that, if that..

The match up that will determine this game, IMO, will be between the Hawks O vs. the Patriots D, If Lynch and our running game can control the clock and keep Brady on the sidelines I see the Hawks winning this game much like the Packers game (every low scoring)..

Also, Leon Washington will be a factor as well, he's been close a few times this year to breaking one for a TD, and I feel coming home with this huge game on the line he will step up and do it this weekend..

It feels good to be a Seahawks fan right now, having match ups against top teams in the NFL like the Patriots, Packers Etc. and knowing you have a good chance to win these games, it just feels good.

oh and to the Pats fans who think running at Irvin when he's out there is the gameplan, Laughing , Irvin isn't an elite run defender, but he's good enough to holdup his end and stop the run..... and I'm 100% sure Pete knows that the Pats might take this approach in the gameplan, and I'm sure they are working on it as we speak. Cool
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3


Last edited by JOEJOE on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
Boom! wrote:
Credit HawkBlogger for the stat:

"Remember all the players the Seahawks should have drafted ahead of Irvin? Quinton Coples, Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram, and Courtney Upshaw have combined for 3.5 sacks. John Schneider should be sending every box score from all of these players to Mel Kiper Jr. every week."

Bruce Irvin on the other hand has 4.5 sacks on his own.

In BRUUUUUCCCEE we trust!

For what it's worth, while the others have been bad to awful to non existent, Chandler just won defensive rookie of the month and looks like an all pro in the making and is stout against both the run and a feared pass rusher. He has 3 sacks a pass deflection and 2 FF.

For what it's worth:

DeMarcus Ware 104.5 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

Clay Matthews 37.5 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

Charles Johnson 34 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0

Chris Long 33.5 career sacks, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0


I see a recurring theme here, Do you? I see after this sunday:

Chandler Jones 3 sacks in first 5 games of career, vs. the Seahawks this year: 0


Laughing

I really don't understand your point. It's not like I said Chandler would have a career game and 10 sacks against the Seahawks. I was stating he's been having a good season and pinning him in with Coples and them is completely moronic as he's been the best defensive rookie so far this year. Also trying to suggest Irvin has been better than Chandler is foley. Chandler has been as good as a pass rusher and instead of being a liability against the run that needs to be taken out of the game, he has been an elite run stopper at RDE.

HURR DURR FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
RANDY MOSS IN 2007: 50 TDS
RANDY MOSS IN 2010: 1 TD

DURRRRRRR
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.


Last edited by tonyto3690 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Should be a good one to watch. Brady will get his points (probably in the 20-25 range), and I just don't see Russell Wilson matching that. Will be fun to watch the Seahawks defense at home though, I've always enjoyed watching the 12th man in action. If I had to guess, 24-13 Patriots.


I doubt Brady will be putting up 20+ points. No teams offense has scored more than 14 points on our defense. And we have faced the Panthers, Packers, and Cowboys, all who have high-powered offenses.


Seahawks have a great defense, no question about that.

But the Patriots offense is head and shoulders better than all of those offenses.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:


I really don't understand your point. It's not like I said Chandler would have a career game and 10 sacks against the Seahawks. I was stating he's been having a good season and pinning him in with Coples and them is completely moronic as he's been the best defensive rookie so far this year. Also trying to suggest Irvin has been better than Chandler is foley. Chandler has been as good as a pass rusher and instead of being a liability against the run that needs to be taken out of the game, he has been an elite run stopper at RDE.

HURR DURR FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
RANDY MOSS IN 2007: 50 TDS
RANDY MOSS IN 2010: 1 TD

DURRRRRRR



You simply stated that your rookie was having a good year, I understand that... I was just simply stating facts on why your rookie won't have any sacks in this game....


DURRRRRRR, do you get it now?, DURRRR.... WOW these Pats fans are full of themselves and their team..
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boom!


Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Posts: 547
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:


I really don't understand your point. It's not like I said Chandler would have a career game and 10 sacks against the Seahawks. I was stating he's been having a good season and pinning him in with Coples and them is completely moronic as he's been the best defensive rookie so far this year. Also trying to suggest Irvin has been better than Chandler is foley. Chandler has been as good as a pass rusher and instead of being a liability against the run that needs to be taken out of the game, he has been an elite run stopper at RDE.

HURR DURR FOR WHAT ITS WORTH
RANDY MOSS IN 2007: 50 TDS
RANDY MOSS IN 2010: 1 TD

DURRRRRRR



You simply stated that your rookie was having a good year, I understand that... I was just simply stating facts on why your rookie won't have any sacks in this game....


DURRRRRRR, do you get it now?, DURRRR.... WOW these Pats fans are full of themselves and their team..


Give it 2 more days and they won't be full of themselves any more. At least not to us.
_________________

Legion of Boom!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plush


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Posts: 1402
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Irvin has been better than jones in rushing the passer, it's not foley. He's in the aldon smiith role where he isnt asked to stop the run. Your adding a dimension to the discussion purely to pimp your own player. It's not about stuffing the run or being a complete player, that's not his role on this team at the moment.

Chandler jones wouldn't even start on our dline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 43180
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need some discipline...

Okung has 7 penalties
Beno Giacamiopapi lol has 6
Russel Wilson has 5..
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
You guys need some discipline...

Okung has 7 penalties
Beno Giacamiopapi lol has 6
Russel Wilson has 5..


Yea, tell us about it.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
You guys need some discipline...

Okung has 7 penalties
Beno Giacamiopapi lol has 6
Russel Wilson has 5..


The Wilson ones are the worst. They come because he isn't getting the play off in time Laughing

Okung has been good as of late (penalties could have been directly related to his knee injury) and Breno is a meathead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7634
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:

Also, Leon Washington will be a factor as well, he's been close a few times this year to breaking one for a TD, and I feel coming home with this huge game on the line he will step up and do it this weekend..


Washington has a history of random big games against New England.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7634
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:

DURRRRRRR, do you get it now?, DURRRR.... WOW these Pats fans are full of themselves and their team..


Good to know we're all one poster to you.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 6 of 42

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group