Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's On Your Bears Gameday/Tailgate Playlist?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7281
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: What's On Your Bears Gameday/Tailgate Playlist? Reply with quote

What do you have? I try not to include a lot of the typical "stadium songs" and "jock jams." They're so overdone. I'm also not big on hip-hop/rap in my playlist because I can't find much that fits right to my ears. I also tried to go a little heavier this year when I first made my playlist, with Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Slayer, and I just wound up taking that stuff all out (though Slayer may go back in). I won't go through every single song, but here are a few of my selections...

Mainstays/Chicago Songs:
*Super Bowl Shuffle
*Bear Down, Chicago Bears
*Blues Brothers - Sweet Home Chicago
*Rise Against - Chamber the Cartridge has been the first song for me for a few years now, great choice to start it off with by a Chicago band.
*Jim Croce - Bad Bad Leroy Brown is a new one for me. Remember, Leroy Brown is from the south side of Chicago, the baddest part of town.
*Social Distortion - Ring of Fire, just a great cover, and you can't go wrong with Social D.
*Adam Sandler - The Lonesome Kicker has been in my playlist for years now. Such an underrated song.

Van Halen - Everybody Wants Some replaced Panama for me a few years ago, but I'm starting to get tired of this one. Halen has a lot of good options, but too many of them are too stereotypical for me (Jump, Right Now, etc.)

Ted Nugent - Stranglehold is another one I can't seem to get rid of. Great song for slowing it down but staying heavy.

The Hives - Return the Favor is in there because it's the Bears TD song... I think they were hoping it would catch on like Chelsea Dagger did with the Hawks. I still like it better than For Whom The Bell Tolls, which got really old.

Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll made it into my playlist this year. Wish I had added this one previously.

Social Distortion - Reach for the Sky, second year I've had this one in on gameday, great late-in-the-playlist song.

Now, for my super-secret late-in-the-playlist song that I'll share with you guys. Take out all of your AC/DC; no Thunderstruck, no TNT, no Shoot to Thrill. THIS is the only AC/DC song you need on Sundays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhYVfxHviSw

I also have numerous radio calls and quotes intermixed in the playlist.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 7482
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this MNF game? The Bolero by Ravel. Cool
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 18920
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10278
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Chicago doesnt know wings. Buffalo knows wings and beer, thats about it. Buffalo doesn't know football.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 18920
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Chicago doesnt know wings. Buffalo knows wings and beer, thats about it. Buffalo doesn't know football.


Please, what does Buffalo know about wings?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10278
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Chicago doesnt know wings. Buffalo knows wings and beer, thats about it. Buffalo doesn't know football.


Please, what does Buffalo know about wings?
Come on son. They ain't called Buffalo Wings because theyre made from Buffaloes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 18920
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Chicago doesnt know wings. Buffalo knows wings and beer, thats about it. Buffalo doesn't know football.


Please, what does Buffalo know about wings?
Come on son. They ain't called Buffalo Wings because theyre made from Buffaloes


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10278
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Chicago doesnt know wings. Buffalo knows wings and beer, thats about it. Buffalo doesn't know football.


Please, what does Buffalo know about wings?
Come on son. They ain't called Buffalo Wings because theyre made from Buffaloes


I thought I killed the last winged buffalo. I need to step up my man game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 18920
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Chicago doesnt know wings. Buffalo knows wings and beer, thats about it. Buffalo doesn't know football.


Please, what does Buffalo know about wings?
Come on son. They ain't called Buffalo Wings because theyre made from Buffaloes


I thought I killed the last winged buffalo. I need to step up my man game.


You should put the winged buffalo in your sig. There's nothing scarier than a winged buffalo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 11168
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
No songs in particular but wings are ideal for a football game. And beer when im not dying
Chicago doesnt know wings. Buffalo knows wings and beer, thats about it. Buffalo doesn't know football.


Please, what does Buffalo know about wings?
Come on son. They ain't called Buffalo Wings because theyre made from Buffaloes


I thought I killed the last winged buffalo. I need to step up my man game.


You should put the winged buffalo in your sig. There's nothing scarier than a winged buffalo.

Clearly you aren't married. Cool Cool Cool
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group