Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Cushing Torn ACL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24745
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get a.News link???
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21155
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Side question: Who get's the headset in the defense now? JJ Watt is the easy answer, but do you want a DE to be making the defensive calls?

That's unlikely given that we rotate our d-line quite a bit. Headset needs to go to a player that's expected to be on the field at all times so likely James (sigh) or whichever of the safeties stays on for run (heavy) formations.


That and you can't see shifts/motions/Offensive alignments very well as a Defensive Lineman.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Side question: Who get's the headset in the defense now? JJ Watt is the easy answer, but do you want a DE to be making the defensive calls?

That's unlikely given that we rotate our d-line quite a bit. Headset needs to go to a player that's expected to be on the field at all times so likely James (sigh) or whichever of the safeties stays on for run (heavy) formations.


I'd give it to Danieal Manning. While Jonathan Joseph is the keynote player in the secondary in terms of fanfare, Manning seems to be the on-field leader of the unit, making the calls in the secondary and keeping that unit aligned. I wonder if he could carry the traits into the front seven...

While we hate Bradie James for his on-field play, he is a very smart veteran who gets the scheme. It just so happens he doesn't have the legs or body for the scheme anymore.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
dsorc wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Side question: Who get's the headset in the defense now? JJ Watt is the easy answer, but do you want a DE to be making the defensive calls?

That's unlikely given that we rotate our d-line quite a bit. Headset needs to go to a player that's expected to be on the field at all times so likely James (sigh) or whichever of the safeties stays on for run (heavy) formations.


That and you can't see shifts/motions/Offensive alignments very well as a Defensive Lineman.


Unrelated sidenote: Right before kickoff, they were asking the ESPN guys who they were picking. Keyshawn Johnson - a former Jet - was slow in his prediction, then said the Texans. The whole ESPN crew asked him way, Johnson was slow to respond, and then said one of the funniest things I've heard from ESPN:

"...Tom just said they have a DE who has EYES IN THE BACK OF HIS HEAD, HOW I GONNA PICK AGAINST HIM!?"

I laughed. Hysterically. Laughing
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2635
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard this morning on the radio that Cushing led the Texans in tackles. Big loss. Texans just can't catch a break, man.

I guess we'll see what kind of impact it has in the next few weeks. They still have a ton of talent on that defense, but I know that defenses play as a team. Had Justin Smith been injured last year, Aldon Smith would not have had 14 sacks in his rookie year. It just wouldn't have happened. That's not criticizing either player, it's just that they work as a team. Losing a member, hurts the team in ways you can't always predict.

Who knows, though. Maybe the guy they go with is just as good or better and just hasn't been given a shot yet. It's happened before in the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83392
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that really sucks to see on such a great defense. They have overcome losses before though
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 83392
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I just heard this morning on the radio that Cushing led the Texans in tackles. Big loss. Texans just can't catch a break, man.

Who knows, though. Maybe the guy they go with is just as good or better and just hasn't been given a shot yet. It's happened before in the NFL.


not sure if serious that tackles are an important stat or just stating a fact Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 5779
Location: T.G.I.F (Thank God Im Fresh)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way about this as Texan fans felt about Britt going down last year.


Eh.
_________________

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 5 Yds: 55 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 5/5 Long: 47 XP: 3/3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 36110
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big blow for that defense. Hopefully he doesn't work out too hard during his recovery so it looks like he took steroids...
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 42766
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's karma for there zone blocking..


What a massive blow. I knew he tore his ACL as soon as I saw it.
Dude grabbed it an roared.. Seen that injury too many times.
Hope for a recovery.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BLick12


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25331
Location: South Jeezy fo sheezy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steroids don't make great athletes... they destroy them.
_________________
johndeere1707 wrote:

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
Steroids don't make great athletes... they destroy them.


Illegal blocks also destroy them.

And for everyone bringing up the "Well the Texans cut block all the time, this is karma, blah blah blah..."

Slauson ran five yards up the field, turned around, and came back toward Cushing on the block.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 42766
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Steroids don't make great athletes... they destroy them.


Illegal blocks also destroy them.

And for everyone bringing up the "Well the Texans cut block all the time, this is karma, blah blah blah..."

Slauson ran five yards up the field, turned around, and came back toward Cushing on the block.


green = sarcasm sweetie. Welcome to the internet.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
kenney wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Steroids don't make great athletes... they destroy them.


Illegal blocks also destroy them.

And for everyone bringing up the "Well the Texans cut block all the time, this is karma, blah blah blah..."

Slauson ran five yards up the field, turned around, and came back toward Cushing on the block.


green = sarcasm sweetie. Welcome to the internet.


It's not "welcome to the internet" unless it's some universal rule everyone follows to which I was oblivious.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here


Last edited by kenney on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14070
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
El ramster wrote:
kenney wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Steroids don't make great athletes... they destroy them.


Illegal blocks also destroy them.

And for everyone bringing up the "Well the Texans cut block all the time, this is karma, blah blah blah..."

Slauson ran five yards up the field, turned around, and came back toward Cushing on the block.


green = sarcasm sweetie. Welcome to the internet.


It's not "welcome to the internet" unless it's some universal rule everyone follows two which I was oblivious.


no one other than ramster follows that rule Rolling Eyes
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group