Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
You are going to be served some humble pie.

Put me in the "humble pie eating, overrating the Broncos, thinking the Chargers are not close to Denvers level, needing tempered expectations" category.

big_palooka wrote:
The Broncos need to show they can compete early in a game and not wait until garbage time to mount a comeback attempt.

Yeah because when they do have a game when they start hot they will blow teams out by 25 points.

big_palooka wrote:
Rivers is capable of picking apart the defense.

And Manning isn't capable of picking apart SD's 20th ranked passing defense?

big_palooka wrote:
As for Denver, didn't NE just get done running down their throats for 60 minutes? While Matthews isn't some elite stud, he's on the same level of the RBs that got a taste last week of that Denver defense.

Are you insinuating that SD will even come close to the rushing yards NE put up? Surely not.. If you are, I'd love a sig bet.

big_palooka wrote:
SD and Denver are both average teams right now.

Wrong. SD is an average team. Average teams beat horrible teams like the Titans, Cheifs and Raiders. Good teams lose to great teams by 6 points.

The only good team SD has played was Atlanta, who thoroughly crushed them. The same team Denver lost to by 6 points after starting out in a hole from which most teams would have given up.

Denver has lost to 3 teams that will make deep playoff runs. And they have lost by 6, 6 and 10 in those games. San Diego would have been beaten by 20 in each of those games, just as they were by Atlanta.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a very good game. Both teams have beaten the teams they should and lost to the teams that are the "elites" in the NFL.

Im expecting a heavy dosage of Ryan Mathews and Jackie Battle. If the defense shows they cant stop the run (again) itll be a long day for this team. Philip Rivers has always played football against us so expectations for him are what they are.

The focus for the Broncos winning should be to start the game hot, get over the 2nd quarter jitters, and not turn the football over.

Im expecting a tight game. Something like 24-20 Broncos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food for thought:

both teams have faced the Raiders and the Falcons with a 1-1 record.

(Points For, Points Against)

SD (25-41)
Den (58-33)

Denver is scoring 27 ppg against Ds that are allowing 17.9 ppg (+9.1 ppg) they are allowing 22.8 ppg against Os that are scoring 25.4 ppg (-2.6 ppg) They are on the positive side for both.

SD is scoring 24.8 ppg against Ds that are allowing 28.7 ppg (-3.9 ppg) they are allowing 20.4 ppg against Os that are scoring 21.8 ppg (-1.4 ppg)

All of that being said it is still a road division game for the broncos. anything is possible. But i have this down as a win for the good guys 27-20
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
This is going to be a very good game. Both teams have beaten the teams they should and lost to the teams that are the "elites" in the NFL.

Im expecting a heavy dosage of Ryan Mathews and Jackie Battle. If the defense shows they cant stop the run (again) itll be a long day for this team. Philip Rivers has always played football against us so expectations for him are what they are.

The focus for the Broncos winning should be to start the game hot, get over the 2nd quarter jitters, and not turn the football over.

Im expecting a tight game. Something like 24-20 Broncos.

Good post. I expect something the same. It should be a good indication of where we really are.
Monday night against an AFC West rival, on the road in a game that already has serious AFC West implications.

I'd like to see a larger dose of Jackson / Ayers early on as I also think the Chargers will want to establish the run.

Should be fun.
elliot878

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

embarrassing chargers photo to follow suit from the last two gameday threads... made this one myself...

I don't really have a prediction. Hope to see a good response. Also hope to see us get it going early rather than waiting til the 4th quarter in a too little too late effort.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
You are going to be served some humble pie.

Put me in the "humble pie eating, overrating the Broncos, thinking the Chargers are not close to Denvers level, needing tempered expectations" category.

big_palooka wrote:
The Broncos need to show they can compete early in a game and not wait until garbage time to mount a comeback attempt.

Yeah because when they do have a game when they start hot they will blow teams out by 25 points.

big_palooka wrote:
Rivers is capable of picking apart the defense.

And Manning isn't capable of picking apart SD's 20th ranked passing defense?

big_palooka wrote:
As for Denver, didn't NE just get done running down their throats for 60 minutes? While Matthews isn't some elite stud, he's on the same level of the RBs that got a taste last week of that Denver defense.

Are you insinuating that SD will even come close to the rushing yards NE put up? Surely not.. If you are, I'd love a sig bet.

big_palooka wrote:
SD and Denver are both average teams right now.

Wrong. SD is an average team. Average teams beat horrible teams like the Titans, Cheifs and Raiders. Good teams lose to great teams by 6 points.

The only good team SD has played was Atlanta, who thoroughly crushed them. The same team Denver lost to by 6 points after starting out in a hole from which most teams would have given up.

Denver has lost to 3 teams that will make deep playoff runs. And they have lost by 6, 6 and 10 in those games. San Diego would have been beaten by 20 in each of those games, just as they were by Atlanta.

Broncos are not a good team. They were worked over by Atlanta, Houston and NE. Just because they pulled close in garbage time doesn't mean they were not handled with absolute ease for the majority of the game.

And no. I'm not suggesting SD will have near the rushing impact NE displayed. Only that they will be successful and put up yards. They won't be shut down completely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
food for thought:

both teams have faced the Raiders and the Falcons with a 1-1 record.

(Points For, Points Against)

SD (25-41)
Den (58-33)

Denver is scoring 27 ppg against Ds that are allowing 17.9 ppg (+9.1 ppg) they are allowing 22.8 ppg against Os that are scoring 25.4 ppg (-2.6 ppg) They are on the positive side for both.

SD is scoring 24.8 ppg against Ds that are allowing 28.7 ppg (-3.9 ppg) they are allowing 20.4 ppg against Os that are scoring 21.8 ppg (-1.4 ppg)

All of that being said it is still a road division game for the broncos. anything is possible. But i have this down as a win for the good guys 27-20

Of course the statistics won't show they are scoring the points in garbage time when the game has been decided.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Broncos are not a good team. They were worked over by Atlanta, Houston and NE. Just because they pulled close in garbage time doesn't mean they were not handled with absolute ease for the majority of the game.

And no. I'm not suggesting SD will have near the rushing impact NE displayed. Only that they will be successful and put up yards. They won't be shut down completely.

Lol, this is funny. Worked by Atlanta and Houston? How about Manning gave Atlanta the game in the first quarter, to a point where the final score shouldn't have been close.

And Houston? Didn't they have 3 TD plays of over 60 yards? Yeah, act like that is normal. Some teams don't have 3 60+ yard TD's in a season. That wouldn't happen again and it would have been a lot closer.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Lol, this is funny. Worked by Atlanta and Houston? How about Manning gave Atlanta the game in the first quarter, to a point where the final score shouldn't have been close.

And Houston? Didn't they have 3 TD plays of over 60 yards? Yeah, act like that is normal. Some teams don't have 3 60+ yard TD's in a season. That wouldn't happen again and it would have been a lot closer.

So because Houston torched Denver an embarrassing 3 times for 60 yard+ TDs and that's not normal, Denver is a good team? I don't follow. A good team wouldn't get beaten like that more than once.

Logic here is, if Houston wouldn't have wreck our defense, the game would have been closer. Seems legit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston wrecked us. That game should have been a blow out. No one should deny that.

The Atlanta game we actually played well minus the four turnovers. So yeah you could say that means we didn't play well...but if PM doesn't make those throws, we most likely win that game.

And the NE game was closer than the score as well. 3rd and 17 and the fumble don't happen and that's a different game. But yeah you can make the argument that that makes the Broncos average, so whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I didn't know coming close to a 4th quarter comeback and just barely getting it gets classified as "Garbage Time." How comical.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncospride95

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Funny, I didn't know coming close to a 4th quarter comeback and just barely getting it gets classified as "Garbage Time." How comical.

This whole garbage time concept gets thrown around way too much. Do you honestly think HOU, NE, and ATL all wanted the Broncos to come back and make it a close game and have the possibility to lose? Hell no they didn't. When you play, you play to win and win big. The Broncos have started off slow in every game this year and after halftime they come out with new adjustments. I don't know if this is due to lack of preparation, or poor coaching, but each week they have made the necessary adjustments at half. Once the Broncos prove they can come out and play the first half like they've been playing the second halves, this team will be very dangerous. You can sig me on that if you want.

This week against the Chargers I think key is our 3rd down defense and limiting the offensive turnovers. If we play well on 3rd down and limit our turnovers, I think we'll win.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Denver4Life03

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:

No doubt. This isn't basketball. Denver built an 8-8 record last year in garbage time. That Patriots game? If Willis doesn't fumble who knows what happens. Manning being rusty and turning the ball over 100 times vs ATL in the 1st quarter and Denver playing hard and making it close? Garbage time, seriously?

I see Denver winning comfortably. We've had a really tough schedule and each week the offense should continue to grow. Think Denver wins simply being the better football team. Should be able to get to Rivers and knock him down and they don't have enough offensive weapons to keep up IMO. Matthews is good but what made NE run us into the ground was T.Brady.

Manning plays well. D.Thomas has another big game. Defense does enough to get the job done.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone think that fox and mccoy will finally step back and let manning be manning in this game? if so the offense would most likely start off strong and hot.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not concerned with Rivers' ability to carv us open. If he does (which he may) then so be it. We have a QB who can go toe for toe with him so that doesn't bother me. My issue is our ability (or inability) to stop Ryan Mathews. He fumbles too much, but I am actually a big fan of his running style. He has an explosive burst through the hole, and can run inside and outside the Tackles. He also has the ability to burn us in the passing game.

If we contain Mathews, we will have a very good chance of winning this game. If we don't, expect a similar game to last Sunday (if not worse because more time will be taken off the clock).

MUFC OK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 2 of 46

Jump to: