Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread Week 6: DEN (2-3) @ SD (3-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

The Raiders are a mess. There is no way SD is on their level. The Raiders are a 2-3 year reclamation project right now.

Is THAT why you're over here so much, to see what fans of a REAL team talk about ??

And 2-3 years, did we hear that same thing ...about a DECADE AGO Laughing Laughing

First Denver is a pretender. They are not making the playoffs, just like the Raiders.

And no, I've been ready for a rebuild forever. Davis trading high draft picks over the years and reaching on projects left Oakland with a roster of talentless athletes. No great football payers. Time to gut it and build it through the draft. Not with the Seymour's of the world who offer 3 seasons at best.

You can make a case for that if we lose Monday night. Until then, I pretend like I didn't read your post.
Just ignore him, he stated Denver would win the AFC West before too.

IIRC he said they're being viewed as the big dog in AFCW and SD would win the div.
DILinator wrote:
As for this week's game, I am not as emphatic about the outcome as some of you fellow Broncos fans, but I do believe we SHOULD win this game, based on what I've seen from both teams so far. I do think it will be a relatively close game, as San Diego isn't terrible, and it is a divisional road game. Still, Manning has looked awesome more often than not this season, and the Chargers compare more to a team like the the Steelers than to the three teams the Broncos have lost to...

Its a pretty big game. Its not must win this early but falling behind 2 games is big. Manning will keep offense going but the questions will be the defense. I still dont think the interior DL is any good, especially if you can get in the nickle. SD wont runt hat no huddle but it should be a close division.
IMHO I dont think Denver is a scary team in playoffs. I think defense needs more help in front 7 and I dont think manning will outgun throughout the playoffs. But the season is still early and youn.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
IIRC he said they're being viewed as the big dog in AFCW and SD would win the div.

You don't remember correctly. His exact quote was "the AFCW goes right through Denver."

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
hibdib31

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Jared Gaither is unlikely to play Monday. Look for Dumervil and Miller to dial it up.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Looks like Jared Gaither is unlikely to play Monday. Look for Dumervil and Miller to dial it up.

To your point:

"The back story: Denver linebacker Von Miller leads the league with 12 tackles for loss, five fewer than he put up all of last season when he was the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year." - CBSsports.com

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Miller is bossing it up so hard. Let's get him some support in the middle!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Von blow up running plays at the line of scrimmage is even more satisfying than seeing him go crazy on passing downs. Love it.

by Joe_is_the_best
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday's key matchup: Chargers RB Ryan Mathews vs. Broncos defense

http://bit.ly/X25PKT

by Joe_is_the_best
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

Harris is horrible, the Chargers will need to chip or have McMichael help him out.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Winder23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Von Miller is bossing it up so hard. Let's get him some support in the middle!!!
That seems to be the achilles heal of this team.

We are a complete joke at both other linebacker positions. Wodyard is a nice player, but hardly a full time starter. Mays is a joke. The worst decision thus far by the Elway era was to retain Joe Mays and give him the contract they did. The best we can hope for is the return of DJ and benching of Mays in the nickle. He seems to be worse than last year. He takes horrible angles and is often caught up in traffic. Disappointing to say the least.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you guys thinking about Hillman? Think we'll put him to much use this game?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

The Raiders are a mess. There is no way SD is on their level. The Raiders are a 2-3 year reclamation project right now.

Is THAT why you're over here so much, to see what fans of a REAL team talk about ??

And 2-3 years, did we hear that same thing ...about a DECADE AGO Laughing Laughing

First Denver is a pretender. They are not making the playoffs, just like the Raiders.

And no, I've been ready for a rebuild forever. Davis trading high draft picks over the years and reaching on projects left Oakland with a roster of talentless athletes. No great football payers. Time to gut it and build it through the draft. Not with the Seymour's of the world who offer 3 seasons at best.

You can make a case for that if we lose Monday night. Until then, I pretend like I didn't read your post.

Um no I didn't. I've said since day 1 Denver is a .500 team. I've said the AFC West goes through Denver as they are the favorite but never said they'd win it. In the end SD will go through Denver and take it. Regardless of Monday nights game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Um no I didn't. I've said since day 1 Denver is a .500 team. I've said the AFC West goes through Denver as they are the favorite but never said they'd win it. In the end SD will go through Denver and take it. Regardless of Monday nights game.

lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Friday's key matchup: Chargers RB Ryan Mathews vs. Broncos defense

http://bit.ly/X25PKT

That is exactly what I said in my first post in this thread. I will go out on a limb and say if we stop Mathews, we win this game.

MUFC OK
Papa-Pwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I'm not 100% confident that we win this, but SD is NOT a good football team, IMO. They have played a fairly weak schedule to this point, got beat by a very bad Saints team, and got trounced by ATL.

I don't see much in terms of weapons on their offense (except obviously Gates, but he's having a down season), and their defense is improving but doesn't truly scare me.

That being said, it's a division game away and anything can happen. Denver is playing a crucial game though, and after last week I think they come out fired up.

Denver 24
San Diego 20

Think you are selling the Saints short. It was only a matter of time before they started clicking on offense. Brees is after all a top 5 QB in this game and he put on a show.

I would worry about the Denver defense. Norv will pull a page out of NE's play book and get Matthews/Battle running early and set up his passing game. Rivers is capable of picking apart the defense. Matthews and Floyd I predict to have a nice day.

To be fair palooka, SDs defense has not been that great this year, and the Saints were bound to take advantage of a bad defense at some point. The Saints have a very good offense, but they cannot make it work effectively without Payton. Most of the games the Saints lost or played poorly in is because they aren't utilizing talent properly and they look lost half the time. I don't see that changing soon.

Denver's defense can be exposed but SD doesn't have NEAR the talent NE does. We actually played well defensively against ATL, the turnovers are what killed us. Matthews is overrated. NOs run defense is the worst in the league, IIRC. I think we'l stop him, I'm just worried about Gates. I don't see SDs receivers doing much, and Floyd is their only weapon on that front.

Ingrams personal foul on Brees negated a pick 6 or that game was over.

As for Denver, didn't NE just get done running down their throats for 60 minutes? While Matthews isn't some elite stud, he's on the same level of the RBs that got a taste last week of that Denver defense.

SD and Denver are both average teams right now. Denver was worked up and down the field by NE last week. Against Atlanta, they were in a big hole as well. The Steelers game was their most complete. More run and Manning not throwing it 50 times.

NE ran down their throat because they were able to force Denver into using nickel and dime defenses without substitutions. The team was clearly gassed and couldn't deal with the rapid fire NE offense.

SD does not have those kind of weapons, nor are they going to be able to run the sort of offense that NE does. Before that game, Denver had more than adequately stopped Turner, Foster, and McFadden. I'm not worried against Denver's run D in the least.

Turner is a worn down back and Atlanta just took to whipping Denver in the passing game. The Raiders can't block the run to save their lives, so that's not a feat. Stopped Foster? He average 4.2 YPC setting up their play action offense that torched Denver's secondary repeatedly.

I'm not saying Denver can't stifle SD's offense and win this game. I am just saying people thinking Denver is going to blow them out and SD is only going to score 10 points. That's just dumb. They are an average team playing a similar team. It's not Denver vs. Jacksonville, Oakland or Tennessee.

BP,

Let's review the games.
Pitt - Denver looked good, not great and beat a team missing starters. Pittsburgh held the ball the entire third quarter and Denver still won by 10+ points.
Atl - Denver had threw turnovers in the first four series which lead to the difference in the game. Atl did not throw all over the field, it was field position that killed Denver.
Houston - Tracy Porter was exposed in coverage and in tackling and Denver still had a chance to win the game. Thomas begins to fumble. If he does not turn the ball over inside the 20 maybe Denver wins.
Oak - Denver's most complete game.
N.E. - There are five plays that killed Denver. #1 - Thomas fumbles inside the 20. #2 - Denver allows a third and 14 run of 16 yards which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #3 - Denver allows a run of 19 yards on third and 17, which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #4 - McGahee drops a pass which would have resulted in a first down and maybe Denver scores. #5 - McGahee fumbles inside the 20 ending any chance of a comeback.

So your argument is full of holes. Denver is beating itself with turnovers and unsound play at the most inopportune times in games. I still think Denver goes 10-6 as there will be more games in which they do not execute as well as they should. I think 10-6 wins the AFC West and Denver goes to the AFC Championship game and beats the Texans to advance to the Super Bowl.

One note, Thomas' only fumble in the Houston game was a desperation lateral at the end of the game.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToastedOats wrote:

BP,

Let's review the games.
Pitt - Denver looked good, not great and beat a team missing starters. Pittsburgh held the ball the entire third quarter and Denver still won by 10+ points.
Atl - Denver had threw turnovers in the first four series which lead to the difference in the game. Atl did not throw all over the field, it was field position that killed Denver.
Houston - Tracy Porter was exposed in coverage and in tackling and Denver still had a chance to win the game. Thomas begins to fumble. If he does not turn the ball over inside the 20 maybe Denver wins.
Oak - Denver's most complete game.
N.E. - There are five plays that killed Denver. #1 - Thomas fumbles inside the 20. #2 - Denver allows a third and 14 run of 16 yards which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #3 - Denver allows a run of 19 yards on third and 17, which keeps a drive alive and N.E. scores. #4 - McGahee drops a pass which would have resulted in a first down and maybe Denver scores. #5 - McGahee fumbles inside the 20 ending any chance of a comeback.

So your argument is full of holes. Denver is beating itself with turnovers and unsound play at the most inopportune times in games. I still think Denver goes 10-6 as there will be more games in which they do not execute as well as they should. I think 10-6 wins the AFC West and Denver goes to the AFC Championship game and beats the Texans to advance to the Super Bowl.

There is so much wrong with this post:

ATL - 27-7 going into the 4th.

HOU - 31 - 11 going into the 4th.

NE - 31- 14 going into the 4th.

You can make excuses all you want to justify it. The Broncos were easily overwhelmed in all these games. Them putting garbage points up in the 4th when the game was out of hand might make it look closer, but anyone who watched saw the Broncos get worked.

Also, with you logic you can easily spin it. Example, NE game they don't go for a nonsense 4th down and Ridley doesn't fumble it's a bigger blowout. But this isn't a game of ifs and buts. Because you can point to instances with the opposing team in which they don't make a mistake here or there they blow the doors off the Broncos further. End of the day, for the majority of these games the opposing teams stifled the Broncos offense, forced them into mistakes and had their way against their defense exposing their holes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 4 of 46

Jump to: