Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I Can't Drive 55 !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: I Can't Drive 55 !! Reply with quote

What to do about RG3.,. ?? Can't tell a Mazerati to only drive 55. Is he destined for a concussion sortened career.. He had a concussion last year at Baylor.. He may end up being a mistake pick unless he becomes primarily a pocket passer with an occasional run or rollout..
PS-- I never saw a shot of the end zone and the receivers but he ...seemed... to take off really quickly on that play as if he thought he was Superman and could do it all himself..
Good timing-- just hit Mike and Mike and they are debating the subject--Consensus is -- "Let him play"..
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being only a few weeks. I think hes still getting use to how fast Pro Defenders. Regardless of position are getting to the sidelines.
In college that lane would have been open. Especially in the B12.

It takes time to get rid of something thats had years of building instinct for.
All these hits should help him learn pretty quick. Like they say. Once you get kicked by a mule. Youre not going to be yanking his tail anytime soon.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw another replay of that play -- Looked like someone
( Fred Davis ??) broke open to the back/ middle of the end zone pretty quickly.. This is one of the few plays RG3 didn't show patiences and looked like the rookie--he is.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, man... Week 5.
It's definitely time to panic and consider RG3 a bad pick/mistake.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Yeah, man... Week 5.
It's definitely time to panic and consider RG3 a bad pick/mistake.

Not exactly what I said -- he wouldn't be the first player to have a career ended by a concussion.. See laVar's hit on Aikman..
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Young had the same problem early in his career-- I think that's a much better analogy than Aikman for many reasons.

RG3 is already good at finding space to throw the ball when under pressure. He'll start to use that aspect more over running with the ball as he grows...
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not concerned now, but long term I am. I'm not concerned for the redskins, I'm concerned for Griffin's health.

Griffin has to learn to slide earlier, he has to. It has to be drilled into him by coaches, they can't continue to do this.

Steve Young and Troy Aikman both had their careers ended by multiple concussions. I worry it could beGriffin, if he doesn't alter his game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bowilson11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: I Can't Drive 55 !! Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
What to do about RG3.,. ?? Can't tell a Mazerati to only drive 55. Is he destined for a concussion sortened career.. He had a concussion last year at Baylor.. He may end up being a mistake pick unless he becomes primarily a pocket passer with an occasional run or rollout..
PS-- I never saw a shot of the end zone and the receivers but he ...seemed... to take off really quickly on that play as if he thought he was Superman and could do it all himself..
Good timing-- just hit Mike and Mike and they are debating the subject--Consensus is -- "Let him play"..
Redskins GM, I beg the differ on your assessment of the play. RG III didn't not just take off like he was Superman or trying to do it by himself. To correct you, he dropped back then he rolled out to his right still looking to throw the ball and then when he didn't see anything (and saw the DL chasing after him) he took off. I agree he had a chance to run out of bounds because he wasn't going to make the first down, but to say that he will have a concussion shortened career and that he could be a mistake pick if he doesn't develop into a pocket passer is INSANE. RG III is a pocket passer with the gift to run. In the first three games most of his runs were designed runs called by the OC. Did you not watch him take us down field in Week 4 without any communications with the OC and throw dropback pocket passes? It makes me feel some kind of way when people are quick to judge Athletic QBs. If Luck had made the same play then he would have been just taking one for the team and just a freak injury. I agree that RG III has to learn when to go and when to take what is given then slide or get out of bounds, but don't label him after 5 games. His instincts and mobility are what makes him an exceptional prospect at QB. It's not like he's playing behind one of the better OLs in the NFL either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: