Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT WEEK SIX - DALLAS (2-2) @ BALTIMORE (4-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I disagree with any kind of 1 back formation. Teams have done their best by running right at Ray lewis. You need to get your FB on somebody and get a guard on Lewis. Running side to side allows Lewis to roam free.

Cowboys D will enter this game healthy, so its a must win. I also believe our D can shut these guys down and maybe win one for us.

I'll just take one game at a time because injuries from week to week will decide a lot for our team.

Its really become a simple matter with this team, win the turnover battle or go home a loser. I have faith, pass the koolaid, Cowboys win this one.
Tha King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep Beasley in the slot all game,Webb can't handle his elite strength/speed combo.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Well I disagree with any kind of 1 back formation. Teams have done their best by running right at Ray lewis. You need to get your FB on somebody and get a guard on Lewis. Running side to side allows Lewis to roam free.

Cowboys D will enter this game healthy, so its a must win. I also believe our D can shut these guys down and maybe win one for us.

I'll just take one game at a time because injuries from week to week will decide a lot for our team.

Its really become a simple matter with this team, win the turnover battle or go home a loser. I have faith, pass the koolaid, Cowboys win this one.

We do our worst running with a FB. Vickers has not been doing a very good job clearing a hole this year. And I would contend Lewis is better at filling a gap and shedding blockers than working through space and avoiding blockers. He has lost a bit of a step and I think if we can get him running side to side, we might be able to get him caught up in all the commotion. I think our lineman and tight ends can get up on him.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

We do our worst running with a FB. Vickers has not been doing a very good job clearing a hole this year. And I would contend Lewis is better at filling a gap and shedding blockers than working through space and avoiding blockers. He has lost a bit of a step and I think if we can get him running side to side, we might be able to get him caught up in all the commotion. I think our lineman and tight ends can get up on him.

The problem is that Murray is either hit in the backfield or must avoid being hit nearly every running down. I think Sturm did an article about it. We clearly have the worst run blocking in the NFL.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

They were showing film on Lewis on the NFL network and he was being manhandled by opposing guards. I'd guess 90% of our runs have been off tackle and sweeps. If you want to run one back then its got to be a draw play. But the Cowboys I still believe have to try and run the middle once in awhile.

One of the problems may just be, that lining up in a one back situation tips the Defense whats going to happen. Since Garrett seems to have committed to the Pro-set and not the WC, my guess its 2backs. But we still do use the WC from time to time. I'll try and watch closely and see how they are setting up.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

The problem is that Murray is either hit in the backfield or must avoid being hit nearly every running down. I think Sturm did an article about it. We clearly have the worst run blocking in the NFL.

Well, yes I agree our run blocking is atrocious. I was simply saying that, of the success we do have, it mainly comes with a single back set when the defense is more spread out.

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

They were showing film on Lewis on the NFL network and he was being manhandled by opposing guards. I'd guess 90% of our runs have been off tackle and sweeps. If you want to run one back then its got to be a draw play. But the Cowboys I still believe have to try and run the middle once in awhile.

One of the problems may just be, that lining up in a one back situation tips the Defense whats going to happen. Since Garrett seems to have committed to the Pro-set and not the WC, my guess its 2backs. But we still do use the WC from time to time. I'll try and watch closely and see how they are setting up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

Quote:
** I wonder if the Cowboys watched some of the games over the bye and came away with different ideas in running the ball. Or at least looked at the statistics. When the Cowboys have three wide receivers on the field, they have picked up 100 yards on 23 carries. When they have two tight ends on the field, they have 68 yards on 35 carries. Try as people might to say DeMarco Murray was at his best with Tony Fiammetta as his lead blocker, heís actually been better without a fullback and the field is spread. This year he has 70 yards on 16 carries in three-wide packages. Last year he had 224 yards on 22 carries, including the 91-yard touchdown vs. St. Louis with three wides on the field. Garrett wants to be known as a power running team, but itís just not happening right now. I wonder if they would be better served to run more out of 11 personnel going forward.

You can run basically any running play with a single back as you can with a Pro set or I-formation. Our Guards will be able to get up on Lewis in a single back set with ease. The issue will be our center and oppo Guard getting beat off the snap and Murray getting hit in the backfield as Slam said.

Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Quote:
** I wonder if the Cowboys watched some of the games over the bye and came away with different ideas in running the ball. Or at least looked at the statistics. When the Cowboys have three wide receivers on the field, they have picked up 100 yards on 23 carries. When they have two tight ends on the field, they have 68 yards on 35 carries. Try as people might to say DeMarco Murray was at his best with Tony Fiammetta as his lead blocker, heís actually been better without a fullback and the field is spread. This year he has 70 yards on 16 carries in three-wide packages. Last year he had 224 yards on 22 carries, including the 91-yard touchdown vs. St. Louis with three wides on the field. Garrett wants to be known as a power running team, but itís just not happening right now. I wonder if they would be better served to run more out of 11 personnel going forward.

You can run basically any running play with a single back as you can with a Pro set or I-formation. Our Guards will be able to get up on Lewis in a single back set with ease. The issue will be our center and oppo Guard getting beat off the snap and Murray getting hit in the backfield as Slam said.

I'm drawing a blank here, if you have 3 WRers, thats Ogletree, and Bryant spread, and Austin in the slot. Thats pro-set, with 2 backs, isn't it. WC you need four WRers with a single back, am I missing something here?
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Quote:

I'm drawing a blank here, if you have 3 WRers, thats Ogletree, and Bryant spread, and Austin in the slot. Thats pro-set, with 2 backs, isn't it. WC you need four WRers with a single back, am I missing something here?

3 wrs+5 OL+1 TE+1 QB+ 1 RB= 11

Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Quote:

3 wrs+5 OL+1 TE+1 QB+ 1 RB= 11

The confusing part was he didn't mention a TE in the quote, but I get it. Like I said, it will be interesting to see how they line up. We all know they watch plenty of film, so I think they run up the middle a little more this week.
acowboys62

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of game I see the delayed draw making a come back. Just something about how the Ravens like to operate and jump/be aggressive I think that could benefit us.

Our WRs better come to play though, when the Ravens get turn overs they take them to the house. I fully expect Reed to get his hands on a ball at some point via fumble or INT.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few things that come to mind initially:

1. We have never beat the Ravens. EVER. The only team in the NFL we have never beat.

2. This will be the first time this year that we have faced a 3-4 defense. I actually think we fair better against a 3-4.

3. Did we solve our dropsy issues over the bye week?

4. Really want to see a no huddle offense. I think Slam mentioned a want for this in a previous thread. Did anyone catch the Broncos/Patriots game? They had a Hyper no huddle that was insane.... worked too....

5. How will our defense improve with our wounded back?

6. How will Ryan play with the Safety position this week?

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If were going to win this game, we have to feed Murray 25 times.

He is physical enough to play the Ravens physical game. He's going to need to put on a heroic performance, and help take the pressure off Romo's arm. It can be done, I like the way the secondary matches up with their receivers. More worried about Rice out of the backfield. We get Ratliff back which is ginormous for the pass rush.

Ill predict an upset win 21-17.

Ware has 3 sacks.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm nervous about this game. The blueprint is out there on how to beat us: Jam our receivers at the line and send pressure up the middle on defense, and keep a balanced attack on offense, run the ball more than you typically would to make it close to 50/50, and when you throw, look for #29.

The fact that we're at home is the only thing that makes me even somewhat confident to be honest.

I'll go with...

Ravens 23
Cowboys 20

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
To be honest, I'm nervous about this game. The blueprint is out there on how to beat us: Jam our receivers at the line and send pressure up the middle on defense, and keep a balanced attack on offense, run the ball more than you typically would to make it close to 50/50, and when you throw, look for #29.

The fact that we're at home is the only thing that makes me even somewhat confident to be honest.

I'll go with...

Ravens 23
Cowboys 20

There is the big issue right there. As soon as Murray gets stopped for less than 2 yards, Garrett will abandon the run

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 2 of 51

Jump to: