Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT WEEK SIX - DALLAS (2-2) @ BALTIMORE (4-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HDsportsfan


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 4989
Location: Between Richmond VA. and D.C.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

In terms of whether you're blaming Romo or a bad call by the ref, yes. I bet you think it was Romo's fault on the Ogletree interception last week too, right? Rolling Eyes


Oh, you're another Romo lover? I get it. Here, I'll dumb it down for you:
All INTs are bad regardless of how they happen. Whether it's a receiver running the wrong route, the QB not paying attention, a tipped pass, someone falling down, etc. It doesn't matter. And the reason it doesn't matter is because turnovers change the momentum of games. So it isn't about blame. It's about working to reduce turnovers and doing the little things necessary to prevent them from happening.


You see Plan....that right there in bold is why many here were content with your absence and frankly didn't care whether you came back or not.

It's that kind of condescending "you don't know anything...." posts that are not warranted nor welcome here.
_________________
I'm a Dallas Fan.
Always smell it first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

In terms of whether you're blaming Romo or a bad call by the ref, yes. I bet you think it was Romo's fault on the Ogletree interception last week too, right? Rolling Eyes


Oh, you're another Romo lover? I get it. Here, I'll dumb it down for you:
All INTs are bad regardless of how they happen. Whether it's a receiver running the wrong route, the QB not paying attention, a tipped pass, someone falling down, etc. It doesn't matter. And the reason it doesn't matter is because turnovers change the momentum of games. So it isn't about blame. It's about working to reduce turnovers and doing the little things necessary to prevent them from happening.


You see Plan....that right there in bold is why many here were content with your absence and frankly didn't care whether you came back or not.

It's that kind of condescending "you don't know anything...." posts that are not warranted nor welcome here.


I would not have pointed that out had he not initially accused me of "blaming" Romo for an INT which I said was terrible. What I said was true. The INT was terrible. All INTs are terrible, but I didn't say anything about Romo. I commented on the INT, not the man. It's not my fault that people will jump to a conclusion and irrationally defend someone or some thing for no reason. And, when challenged, I will address it in a way that is necessary to get my point across.

So, you don't like the way I talk to people. That's fine. I'd argue that people should improve their reading comprehension and reasoning skills before commenting on anything. If they did that, I'd never have to use the approach I did, because they'd understand English and all would be well.

As Slam very astutely pointed out before; if you don't like what I say, rather than getting angry, refute it. Use evidence to support your disagreement. But in this case, he couldn't. Because that INT resulted in a 10 point swing regardless of who was responsible for it or what "penalties" weren't called along the way.

If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with those who created the mess, not those who are commenting on it.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
Can somebody gimme a Webber?? I'm confused to how Romo's name is even mentioned in the same sentence as the loss for this team this week.....Hands down here's what lost us the game....It's very simple.....1) Coaching: Head Coach/OC (yeah the run game was great, but still wayyyy too many questionable play calls, plus the fact that we can't seem to get a play called by Garret to Romo, Romo to huddle, and snapped at line of scrimmage before theres 3 secs or less on play clock and clock management at the end of the game should get him fired tonight, yes i'm serious), Defensive Coordinator (because as I said two weeks ago, and caught so much sh!t for, our defense has now been exposed), and yet again, Special Teams 2) Incompetent, uncalled for penalties and the costliest of times.....This team, and I mean this in the most non-offensive way, seriously has some sort of learning disability when it comes to snap counts, holding, and neutral zone infractions.......with these examples, how is Romo's Int when they, going by the missed FG of 51 yds, weren't in FG range, one of the reasons we lost the game?? Is your defense not accountable for anything? Why is Bruce Carter covering Anquan Boldin on 3rd and 14? Why are we only blitzing 4 the entire game? Why with under a minute are we giving up a 75yd+ drive for a touchdown before halftime? How's that on Romo?



Yeah, I agree with everthing said. And I will add this. Until someone in the Cowboys front office wakes up and recognizes that opposing QB's, when put in clutch postions (3rd and 14), have a comfy little pocket to step up in, it will not matter how many millions of dollars you throw at your secondary (DB's), they will convert every-single-time! I have seen it with players from John Skelton to Eli Manning and again today with Flacco. WE N-E-E-D_ A NT that can collapse the pocket. Ware is wasting his career in Dallas because opposing offenses have figured out how to handle him. Let him rush and just use his momentum to carry him past the QB's side. The QB steps up and BINGO! TD or 1st down. Every single time. To Ware's credit he gets his sacks in spite of that, but it still does not solve our problem at NT.
As for the rest of the team, we frickin suck! plain and simple. We suck. Not because there isn't talent here. We just can't handle it. We get into the red zone and the hankies are flying. 4 trips to the red zone, 4 false starts/ holding/ etc, etc, etc.
Special Teams, might as well be labeled not so special.Defense, well we covered this one, but how many 1st round picks on CB's in the past 5 years? How many millions in FA?? How many Int's???
Frickin Z-E-R-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This team as a a team is a frickin Z-E-R-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But again, that makes me a bigger Z-E-R_O because I suit up every week and go public to watch them in what is, without question, the most hostile enviornment you could find in the NFL for a Cowboys fan, South Philly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20462
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To give you a better indication as to how poorly we're coached, look at this:

Total Plays: 79 to 49
First Downs: 29 to 19
TOP: 40:03 to 19:57
Total Yards: 481 to 316
Rushing Yards: 227 to 86

We led in each of those categories and still lost. Why? Because even though we led in those areas, we lost each of the three phases of the game. All due to poor coaching.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HDsportsfan


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 4989
Location: Between Richmond VA. and D.C.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

In terms of whether you're blaming Romo or a bad call by the ref, yes. I bet you think it was Romo's fault on the Ogletree interception last week too, right? Rolling Eyes


Oh, you're another Romo lover? I get it. Here, I'll dumb it down for you:
All INTs are bad regardless of how they happen. Whether it's a receiver running the wrong route, the QB not paying attention, a tipped pass, someone falling down, etc. It doesn't matter. And the reason it doesn't matter is because turnovers change the momentum of games. So it isn't about blame. It's about working to reduce turnovers and doing the little things necessary to prevent them from happening.


You see Plan....that right there in bold is why many here were content with your absence and frankly didn't care whether you came back or not.

It's that kind of condescending "you don't know anything...." posts that are not warranted nor welcome here.


I would not have pointed that out had he not initially accused me of "blaming" Romo for an INT which I said was terrible. What I said was true. The INT was terrible. All INTs are terrible, but I didn't say anything about Romo. I commented on the INT, not the man. It's not my fault that people will jump to a conclusion and irrationally defend someone or some thing for no reason. And, when challenged, I will address it in a way that is necessary to get my point across.

So, you don't like the way I talk to people. That's fine. I'd argue that people should improve their reading comprehension and reasoning skills before commenting on anything. If they did that, I'd never have to use the approach I did, because they'd understand English and all would be well.

As Slam very astutely pointed out before; if you don't like what I say, rather than getting angry, refute it. Use evidence to support your disagreement. But in this case, he couldn't. Because that INT resulted in a 10 point swing regardless of who was responsible for it or what "penalties" weren't called along the way.

If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with those who created the mess, not those who are commenting on it.


You can try to justify it any way you want. You have about 10 other (<----read "better" if you have a reading comprehension problem) to make a point without insulting people. I'm not angry btw, at the end of the day i couldn't really give a rat's a$$. For some reason "the forum" continues to let it happen.

Good luck with the ROH next year.
_________________
I'm a Dallas Fan.
Always smell it first.


Last edited by HDsportsfan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atran35


Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Posts: 2903
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This FORUM has certainly gone down hill as of recent. I understand the negativity but man...it's really a debbie downer. I suspect we'll eventually here challenge matches ala MMA forums shortly unless the Moderators get some control.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheStarStillShines


Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 8655
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan, you do need to stop labeling people as "apologists", "lovers", "homers", etc. The labels are completely unnecessary. Respect people's opinions and just focus on their points. There's no need for the labels.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cicero


Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1235
Location: Portland, OR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you all that our forum was better off without him.
_________________

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1299
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
I told you all that our forum was better off without him.



Lol, Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
BigD88


Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Posts: 3992
Location: Happy Valley
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
This FORUM has certainly gone down hill as of recent. I understand the negativity but man...it's really a debbie downer. I suspect we'll eventually here challenge matches ala MMA forums shortly unless the Moderators get some control.

Not that you're wrong.
But when we're all here to talk Cowboys football...
And the most accurate words to describe Cowboys football are "frustrating, disappointing, mediocre, joke, sloppy, pathetic, stale, and disgraceful," I mean.... that's what you're gonna get on boards that are based on that.
_________________

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dahobofest


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 839
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

In terms of whether you're blaming Romo or a bad call by the ref, yes. I bet you think it was Romo's fault on the Ogletree interception last week too, right? Rolling Eyes


Oh, you're another Romo lover? I get it. Here, I'll dumb it down for you:
All INTs are bad regardless of how they happen. Whether it's a receiver running the wrong route, the QB not paying attention, a tipped pass, someone falling down, etc. It doesn't matter. And the reason it doesn't matter is because turnovers change the momentum of games. So it isn't about blame. It's about working to reduce turnovers and doing the little things necessary to prevent them from happening.


You see Plan....that right there in bold is why many here were content with your absence and frankly didn't care whether you came back or not.

It's that kind of condescending "you don't know anything...." posts that are not warranted nor welcome here.


I would not have pointed that out had he not initially accused me of "blaming" Romo for an INT which I said was terrible. What I said was true. The INT was terrible. All INTs are terrible, but I didn't say anything about Romo. I commented on the INT, not the man. It's not my fault that people will jump to a conclusion and irrationally defend someone or some thing for no reason. And, when challenged, I will address it in a way that is necessary to get my point across.

So, you don't like the way I talk to people. That's fine. I'd argue that people should improve their reading comprehension and reasoning skills before commenting on anything. If they did that, I'd never have to use the approach I did, because they'd understand English and all would be well.

As Slam very astutely pointed out before; if you don't like what I say, rather than getting angry, refute it. Use evidence to support your disagreement. But in this case, he couldn't. Because that INT resulted in a 10 point swing regardless of who was responsible for it or what "penalties" weren't called along the way.

If you want to be angry with someone, be angry with those who created the mess, not those who are commenting on it.


Your comment was in response to a Romo comment saying how it had a hand in losing the game... so yes, you did blame it on him and that was my response to you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ace5


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 6127
Location: CT
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what blows my mind? We're all sitting here (myself included) roasting the offense and the defense, when the special teams blew the game winner AND gave up the only major big play points of the game. Joe DeCamillis for some blame anyone? Against a good team, I'll take what the O and the D did. They could have done better. Much better. But they did what it took to win that particular game. And phase three let em down.
_________________
iPwn wrote:
Your sig is wherever your car keys are. Sorry you won't ever see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13416
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys may not like the way he says it, but Plan9 is right. This loss came down to a colossal failure at the coaching level. The cowboys have lost way too many of these type games where, on paper, the cowboys should have won by 2 TDs. The same penalties all over again turning potential TDs into FGs, Special teams blunders, Clock management. Coaching not to lose the game instead coaching to win.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2926
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
I told you all that our forum was better off without him.


No its not. In spite of his labels it really is not. He does bring a strong argument and backs it up with numbers and statistics that would really illuminate opinions that are otherwise drawn from frustration and passion as Cowboys fans. Myself included.
I would really like to see people stick to their points of view and offer suggestions for solutions. I say this to my students all the time. Don't just complain or rank on someone because you disagree with them. Look at you problem or disagrement and offer solutions, peacful solutions.
ie: If things continue for our Cowboys this way the rest of the year do we:

A. Blow the team up and stockpile draft picks by unloading players like:
1. Romo
2. Witten
3. Ratliff
4. F. Jones
5. M. Spears
6. M. Austin

Then we can draft a QB in the 1st round and get some Olinemen and D linemen in the later rounds. At least players like Lee, Butler, Claiborne, Smith, Murray, Bryant and some of the no-names like Beasley, M. Johnson, Crawford and Wilber might have a chance to thrive in 2 or 3 years behind a stout O line and D line.

OR!

B. Muddle through this year, try to get it right, draft a S, A few LB's, another WR, and perhaps an O lineman in the 6th or 7th round, completely ignoring the NT position again. And roll with a 10 year vet QB with an 11 year TE, an 8 year vet at OLB and NT, well, you get the idea.

You see, that offers some suggestions and possibilities to our current problem which is a team that is an eternal purgatory of 8-8.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheStarStillShines


Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 8655
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave is right - the forum is better with Plan here to provide a contrary opinion to most and he generally writes posts that are well thought out and supported by facts and statistics. He also makes a lot of observations / analyses that others do not.

Those who disagree with Plan should also focus on his arguments instead of the labels that he throws out. If he calls you something, just ask him to not use those labels and then counter his argument with well thought out points. I don't always agree with Plan, yet we have sensible arguments.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group