Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Witherspoon benched
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansAllDay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Witherspoon benched Reply with quote

Titans LB Will Witherspoon didn't play a single defensive snap in Week 5 against the Vikings.
Middle linebacker Colin McCarthy has returned from his high ankle sprain, and second-round rookie Zach Brown has replaced Witherspoon at weak-side linebacker. Witherspoon can be safely dropped in IDP leagues. McCarthy has resumed his every-down role, playing 60-of-69 snaps in the loss to Minnesota.

--Rotoworld.com

As we are watching the Titans get beat each week, here is a little something that could bring the tiniest amount of joy watching our 23 yr old average age LB core.

Would love to see these things happen within in the next year:

-Chris Johnson traded or released

-Sign Free Agents
1. Conner Barwin(DE)
2. Henry Melton(DT) or Glenn Dorsey(DT)

-2013 Draft: Star Lotulelei, DT(Utah) or Chance Warmack, OG(Alabama)

Yes, I know I am looking so far into the future but I have nothing else to look forward to our team stinks this year.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We WILL NOT release Chris Johnson. That would be an utter waste of cap space.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="latinoaustino"]We WILL NOT release Chris Johnson. That would be an utter waste of cap space.[/quote]

nope. His cap number balloons immensely after this year. Either we cut him before next season, or stick with him for another 2 years.
Way better to get rid of him this offseason then to hold onto him (assuming he continues this level of play)
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:

Isn't he an utter waste of cap space now?

**RIP Steve McNair**
-Munch-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:

Isn't he an utter waste of cap space now?

His money goes up after this year so I imagine they'll play him out the rest of the year, but yeah release him after the year and anybody have an idea of some FA rb's next season?
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys can release CJ and all that bunch of crap if you want, but no RB is gonna come in here and have success with this offensive line...might wanna get that fixed before hand.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
You guys can release CJ and all that bunch of crap if you want, but no RB is gonna come in here and have success with this offensive line...might wanna get that fixed before hand.

Since Ringer ran circles around CJ last year when they went tit-for-tat, we haven't been able to see whether your premise is true or not. CJ gets nearly all the carries no matter how bad he is. Eventually that won't be sustainable and somebody else will get to run. Then we'll see.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

This is true. One of my biggest arguments against re-signing CJ was that, if you need the line to be perfect for him to be special, then why are you paying him? use that money to keep the o-line top notch and find anybody to run through the holes. That's the route most championship offenses have gone.

Its time to blow up the o-line. At this point even our once sterling tackles need to be re-evaluated. The interior must be overhauled. I'd be interested in the possibility of seeing Big country slide inside to right guard. Then maybe investing an early pick into a RT.

**RIP Steve McNair**
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Since Ringer ran circles around CJ last year when they went tit-for-tat, we haven't been able to see whether your premise is true or not. CJ gets nearly all the carries no matter how bad he is. Eventually that won't be sustainable and somebody else will get to run. Then we'll see.

I don't remember Ringer running circles around CJ last year... I remember him averaging 3.1 a carry. Granted CJ is playing awful has been for close to 2 years now but Ringer running circles around him I have no idea what you are talking about.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

This is true. One of my biggest arguments against re-signing CJ was that, if you need the line to be perfect for him to be special, then why are you paying him? use that money to keep the o-line top notch and find anybody to run through the holes. That's the route most championship offenses have gone.

Its time to blow up the o-line. At this point even our once sterling tackles need to be re-evaluated. The interior must be overhauled. I'd be interested in the possibility of seeing Big country slide inside to right guard. Then maybe investing an early pick into a RT.

Exactly... if a minimum wage RB can do the same the $10M RB can do... get rid of those $10M and invest it on the Oline...

Which of course... we won't... Bud will write it off as a cap hit, and pocket the actual salary to make that extra penny he so desperately needs...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:

Did you watch the same Ringer that averaged 3 YPC last year as me?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

That would have been an incorrect argument as the Titans offensive line wasn't even above average in the year CJ ran for 2k. FootballOutsiders had them ranked 22nd in the NFL in run blocking that year. The year after, had them ranked 31st when he ran for 1400+.

My post is saying I don't care if you think CJ sucks now or not, it's completely irrelevant, as no back in the NFL, and I can't think of one in NFL history that would be successful behind this line. Our offensive line is HISTORICALLY bad at run blocking. It was [inappropriate/removed] last year and it would be an insult to [inappropriate/removed] to call it that this year.

Also, lol @ S_camp's comment on Ringer. Laughing
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Chocolateman78 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

That would have been an incorrect argument as the Titans offensive line wasn't even above average in the year CJ ran for 2k. FootballOutsiders had them ranked 22nd in the NFL in run blocking that year. The year after, had them ranked 31st when he ran for 1400+.

My post is saying I don't care if you think CJ sucks now or not, it's completely irrelevant, as no back in the NFL, and I can't think of one in NFL history that would be successful behind this line. Our offensive line is HISTORICALLY bad at run blocking. It was [inappropriate/removed] last year and it would be an insult to [inappropriate/removed] to call it that this year.

Also, lol @ S_camp's comment on Ringer. Laughing

THANK YOU

THIS times infinity... You sir have common knowledge congratulations

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
s_camp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Against the Colts last year (week 10?) both RBs had 14 carries and they alternated drives. Ringer roughly doubled CJ's YPC. Neither he nor any other backup RB has been able to get decent playing time since.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Javon Ringer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: