Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
Here is your weird stat of the day,this is the first win in the 6th game of the year in the last ten years.
Miami is 1 and 9 now in the sixth game of the season in the last 10 years.

Wow, that is super weird.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinmeister wrote:
Here is your weird stat of the day,this is the first win in the 6th game of the year in the last ten years.
Miami is 1 and 9 now in the sixth game of the season in the last 10 years.

Glad to get that monkey off our back finally!! lol

Here's to hoping we somehow make the playoffs this year and get the Houston monkey off our back too...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
Good win. This game wouldn't have been as close if the refs weren't terrible. Steratore hates us.

Oh please. Calls went both ways. One of your TDs came on a drive kept alive by a bogus PI call. I'll give you that should have been a fumble by Givens but they gave you guys a terrible roughing the passer call on the next drive.

I agree. The refs were just not good at all today. Called way too much garbage penalties and ticky tacky stuff and then would do things like the fumble play or others that just made you scratch your head.

The Rams are a good football team. I'd be surprised if you win less than 7 or 8 games this year. Both of our teams are young too, so the future looks bright. Just glad you aren't in our division.

Who stuck out from our d the most?
I saw that you liked brockers?
Dude has been an anchor the last
2 weeks..

Honestly, knowing how good our run game has been all year, Brockers really impressed me, and I liked him before this game. To the naked eye you wouldn't notice him much, but he eats up blockers which allowed your LB's and other D-lineman to make plays.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Assessment:
First off, the Rams really impressed me. More than that, Sam Bradford really impressed me. So big props to them on a good showing. Now then I was right that if Miami put up 17-20 points we would win since I didn't believe the Rams could put up bigger numbers without Amendola. That said, I was almost wrong. We had a strong string of good luck on very important plays this game, not unlike what happened to the Jets and Cardinals in those OT losses. I'll take the W but it wasn't pretty and the Rams played the better game.

Offensive Assessment:
Tannehill was amazing. He did everything he needed to do and we know without a doubt that he has already been very clutch and capable of the big plays downfield. He was just never in position to need to risk an interception. Our running game was poor throughout the day and even when we got it going in the second half it was still poor for what we are used to seeing. I was surprised, and slightly disappointed, that we didn't use Miller or Lane more often. Our line played well against Quinn and Long. I was expecting Long to have a huge statistical day. Glad I was wrong. Hartline was shut out. Glad to say that it took Finnegan and double coverage throughout the day to do it but we know now for sure that the guy can't handle an elite CB throughout the day on a consistent basis. Props to Bess, Moore, Fasano, and Bush who all got open in the game and helped out Tanny.

Defensive and ST Assessment:
Dansby and Vernon had a great game today. Our run defense could have been much better but I was expecting Richardson to have a good game anyhow. I really liked what I saw from him when I watched TNF last week. Our pass defense and pass rush was stout throughout the day but that last drive really hurt us. We really need to improve our prevent defense though it has worked out so far these past two weeks. We can't forget that for two weeks before that this same prevent defense put those teams in position to tie the football game. Something that almost happened again. Brandon Fields was Brandon Fields. I get the GZ love since I have the same for Fields and his punting. Great execution on that fake punt run. To brag just a bit I was hoping for it but I shot it down in my head thinking Philbin would be too conservative. Really surprised me there when I saw it.

Conclusion:
We are 3-3 heading into our bye week no matter how we played. Lets get ready to get back at New York and climb to 4-3. Is it wrong that I'm hoping to see a few Jet players cry that Sunday?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Deets wrote:
I find the Rams obsession with their kicker to be hilarious. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of offense to score touchdowns?

The point of offense is to put points on the board. The 2011 49ers prove that. Our obsession with our kicker is the dude is a rookie and might already be the best player at his position with ability to be an all time great kicker. He's the kicker version of a "freak". You guys would be just as pumped to have a player like that if you were in our shoes.

Yeah/ NO !!!

Been there - done that. (Dan Carpenter highest point scoreed on Mia/Pro Bowl).
It's a band-aide over the ineptitude of any Offense.

And by the way, the "point of offense is to put points on the board" ...

Kickers fall under the category of "Special Teams".
They are to be used as an option when all else has failed.

Our Offense has a lot of wk to do ahead of them.

sug
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
El ramster wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
Good win. This game wouldn't have been as close if the refs weren't terrible. Steratore hates us.

Oh please. Calls went both ways. One of your TDs came on a drive kept alive by a bogus PI call. I'll give you that should have been a fumble by Givens but they gave you guys a terrible roughing the passer call on the next drive.

I agree. The refs were just not good at all today. Called way too much garbage penalties and ticky tacky stuff and then would do things like the fumble play or others that just made you scratch your head.

The Rams are a good football team. I'd be surprised if you win less than 7 or 8 games this year. Both of our teams are young too, so the future looks bright. Just glad you aren't in our division.

Who stuck out from our d the most?
I saw that you liked brockers?
Dude has been an anchor the last
2 weeks..

Honestly, knowing how good our run game has been all year, Brockers really impressed me, and I liked him before this game. To the naked eye you wouldn't notice him much, but he eats up blockers which allowed your LB's and other D-lineman to make plays.

Yes... He was allowing James and Jon to roam free on the LOS.
Heck of a player that kid is.. Only 21 years old.

Thanks for the feedback..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is everyone else alot higher on our running game than I am? I feel outside of that Raiders game our running game has been pretty average and poor a majority of the time. It always feels as if we are at 3rd n 7 and always having Tannehill bail us out. I really feel with the way Tannehill is playing and how Bess and Hartline have been catching everything we should be passing more.

Whats the deal with Miller getting no playing time and I would like to actually see Egnew getting some game snaps instead of Clay who drops one for every catch he makes.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dolphins have had a few good games running the ball dont forget about the jets game either. Look there are gonna be games where its hard to run the ball thats the way the league is. Brockers ad langford are good run stuffing tackles and bush is still slowed with the injury. I read in the florida sun sentinel that Egnew is making progress and i predicted all along we might see him around week 10 or so
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:

Not sure how you can claim that wasn't PI

Because I know the rules. Fletcher swatted it away while both were going to the ground. The hand on the WR's back was irrelevant because it didn't stop him from getting the ball and both were playing the football. Fletcher knocking the ball away is what stopped it. It was a bad call and a ticky tack one.

fishfan4life wrote:
Why dont we just agree it was a good game against 2 teams headed in the right direction.

It definitely was. Tannehill is a great young QB with a bright future. When we did the FFMD, I wanted to run the Colts so I could trade out of the #1 pick for a small fortune and draft Tannehill.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Fins run game seems to mirrors Green Bay's. The runningback is Reggie Bush. It is only productive when he creates. I still think our line is one designed to run power plays.

I correctly predicted the score but did not think the Rams would amase that many yards. I seen the Rams D a few times and knew they would be difficult. I still think Miami finishes with 6 wins. But I do not care as long as the offense, meaning Tanneyhill, improves with every week.
Manic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 wins? wow so we gonna lose 7 of our next 10 eh. I think we go atleast 8-8 if not better.

the afc east is all tied up at 3-3 so anything can happen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFCE seems up for grabs this year.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:
Is everyone else alot higher on our running game than I am? I feel outside of that Raiders game our running game has been pretty average and poor a majority of the time. It always feels as if we are at 3rd n 7 and always having Tannehill bail us out. I really feel with the way Tannehill is playing and how Bess and Hartline have been catching everything we should be passing more.

Whats the deal with Miller getting no playing time and I would like to actually see Egnew getting some game snaps instead of Clay who drops one for every catch he makes.

They haven't been the same since Bush got hurt. He can't turn the corner, and the blocking hasn't made up the difference.
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DolphWins wrote:

Yea. I agree. Outside of the Oakland game the running game has been pedestrian.

FF Member #67
Fender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
DolphWins wrote:

Yea. I agree. Outside of the Oakland game the running game has been pedestrian.

A year from now the 'run game' wont matter! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: