Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
DolphWins wrote:
Is everyone else alot higher on our running game than I am? I feel outside of that Raiders game our running game has been pretty average and poor a majority of the time. It always feels as if we are at 3rd n 7 and always having Tannehill bail us out. I really feel with the way Tannehill is playing and how Bess and Hartline have been catching everything we should be passing more.

Whats the deal with Miller getting no playing time and I would like to actually see Egnew getting some game snaps instead of Clay who drops one for every catch he makes.

Yea. I agree. Outside of the Oakland game the running game has been pedestrian.

You are both right and I'd like to point something out.

People complain now about Reggie Bush doing too much 'dancing.' I know, I've spoken against it myself. We spent the entire 2007 season complaining that Ronnie Brown was running right up into the LoS and not be patient and allowing holes to develop. That was the primary topic of conversation regarding the Dolphins' running game circa 2007.

I believe now with the information I have that Ronnie Brown was doing exactly what Cam Cameron and the staff likely told him to do. With a ZBS, we should expect our RBs to 'press' the LoS before making their cut and using their burst to get past the defenders. A) Ronnie Brown was a smart player. B) Our O-linemen weren't great. It's a lot easier for me to look back at that situation now seeing Brown as a good student of whatever he was being told rather than a 1st round RB that just wouldn't change his M.O.

I think we're seeing the same thing today. We have a highly-talented RB who should be piling up yardage but can't get around the lumbering oafs in front of him. I don't know whether the greater crime here is that we have to watch this or that it's going to get lumped on Jake Long.

What Brockers and Langford showed today was how terrible the interior O-line is on the Miami Dolphins. Any run into one of the A or B gaps was absolutely destroyed by how badly our Guards were playing. Reggie Bush NEVER saw the light of day let alone a big, open cut-back lane. The 2 biggest problems on our O-line (by far) are Richie Incognito and John Jerry. Say what you want about Jake Long. He's average. He's a $$$ problem. Incognito and Jerry just flat can't play. To me, that's a worse problem.

I have said over and over now that Richie Incognito might be one of the worst Guards in the NFL given his current spot in Miami's ZBS. His only chance at being even an average player is in a MBS with good players next to his. Under Sparano, he had the scheme that fit him as well as the talent beside him. In this scheme, he'll do no better than below-average and on a day like today he'll destroy any hope we have of running the football.

What we saw today with John Jerry was a guy who simply got out-played because he's not very good. I'd love to stop sugar-coating these players that hang around for years without ever doing anything. We finally cut ties with some of our WR garbage. We have some of that amongst of O-linemen, too. Congrats, we all got to see it. This team needs 2 new starting Guards. John Jerry is not the future. If Jerry had played solid today and shown some abilities maybe a case can be made for his development but he's been nothing beyond average at his highest moments as a Dolphin and I for one am willing to admit that he's unlikely to get much better.

What I don't get with this Jake Long argument is that his skills in pass protection have always been below elite. He's always struggled with speed rushers and so his lackluster performance this season against those types of players should come as no surprise. He never handled those days well under Tony Sparano either. Going 1-on-1 against a DE has nothing to do with scheme and everything to do with raw talent. Jake's upside is that even on a bad day, we can survive and win games.

His abilities in pass protection as a Tackle on the edge shouldn't drastically change within this offense, and personally I don't think they have. He'll be faced with securing Tannehill's backside 1-on-1 against a DE/OLB the same as he always has been. He'll be above-average at that job but never elite. Against speedy rushers, he'll have his worst outings. None of that is new information.

The run-blocking is being blown up by our Guards more than anything else. The case against Jake Long is nebulous as we know his combine numbers were very impressive and that he's a highly astute player who should be able to "think" as well as any O-linemen within this system. I still think the jury is out on Long, and I'm not even thinking about injury. It's such a crime to judge him while he's playing beside Incognito.

Damn! Evil or Very Mad
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uggghhhhhhhhhhh I wish I hadn't been working the past two Sundays so I could've watched the game.

I'll watch as many of the highlights as possible so I can make some educated comments about our OL play.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, guys! We're in first place!

Bad news, guys. We're in last place. Sad
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game fellas. I think the rams definately killed themelves but a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Congrats on the win and good luck for the rest of the year

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sam bradford goal line sneak was NOT a touchdown. The difference between the Rams and Dolphins is WRs and Corners. We are a tad better in the trenches. PS your QB is underrated.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
That sam bradford goal line sneak was NOT a touchdown. The difference between the Rams and Dolphins is WRs and Corners. We are a tad better in the trenches. PS your QB is underrated.

Yea, it was...

As is your QB.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

Yea, it was...

As is your QB.

I personally could've seen it go either way. Whatever it was called on the field is whatever it was going to be thanks to there being no obvious evidence in the video. It certainly looked to me like Sam Bradford probably fumbled then recovered the ball before being bent over backwards.

Either way, I'm getting sick of these 5-minute interruptions in between plays every time there's a score or a turnover. If it's obvious or it's there's no visual evidence, they really need to find a way to not slow the games down as much. These games are ending at 4:20, which is ridiculous, not to mention the stupid celebration you get on the sideline when the ref "supports" your TD. It just adds momentum to whoever got the score or the turnover which is annoying when it goes against your team.
azdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think New England still pulls ahead and wins the division, but I think we are the only team that keeps it from being a one horse race. The Jets are not as good as yesterday's game looked, and the Bills are just flat done. The Jets get humiliated by the Patriots this coming week, we hammer them the following week, and we stay within a game of the Pats until mid-December.

We are certainly not Super Bowl caliber, but the AFC is pretty weak this year and a wildcard birth looks more and more possible. Every team is beatable in this conference and we could very well be the cinderella team this year.
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Bradford clearly had a TD on that play..

As for Hartline, like it was said before, he was double covered for a lot of the game, on top of having a top tier CB on him.. We really need someone on the other end of the field that can make some plays, maybe Moore will finally step up or we'll have to wait for the draft/free agency unless we make a trade for one before the deadline this year.. I wonder if Green Bay would still part with Jones for a 2nd?
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

TD or not, I don't think anyone else in the collection of solar systems would call that clear ..... Sam Bradford himself wouldn't call it clear.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

TD or not, I don't think anyone else in the collection of solar systems would call that clear ..... Sam Bradford himself wouldn't call it clear.

Thats because he was looking for his Head.. Jesus Christ
Karlos was going for Murder..

Btw, where you guys shock that we ran with authority?

Also, wondering.. Your Inside guards.. How good are they?
I know that many of you like your run game.. Razz

Heck of a game Jets.. Heck of a game..

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

Our OG's are very average. Neither really fit the system at all.

I wouldn't say the Rams ran with authority after about the first quarter. I think Miami just didn't come to play up front. Besides that long run by Richardson he didn't do all that much. Also besides Jackson's long run he was essentially getting 2-3 yards per carry. I was surprised they came out and ran well early, but I think it had more to do with Miami not coming out of the gates playing well.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
phinmun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

Our OG's are very average. Neither really fit the system at all.

I wouldn't say the Rams ran with authority after about the first quarter. I think Miami just didn't come to play up front. Besides that long run by Richardson he didn't do all that much. Also besides Jackson's long run he was essentially getting 2-3 yards per carry. I was surprised they came out and ran well early, but I think it had more to do with Miami not coming out of the gates playing well.

Yeah, I'm just glad Sam Bradford didn't die on that play! Laughing

Anyway, our G's are amongst the weakest players we have honestly. Our LG Richie Incognito just can't do anything well and he's a horrible mess in this new Zone Blocking Scheme. With Jake Long playing a little inconsistently this year, Incognito has really been exposed as bottom of the barrel talent.

Our RG John Jerry has played at what I would call an average level in his better games this year. He's certainly not a great player due to his inconsistency but he has potential to be solid. I would say his performance Sunday against y'all was just bad.

I don't see any way in the world we don't replace our LG, Incognito with a rookie in the draft and I believe the franchise would like to replace RG, Jerry as well given the chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: