Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Rams @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilant2398

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I find the Rams obsession with their kicker to be hilarious. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of offense to score touchdowns?

u cant be serious.... rookie kicker 13/13 4 kicks over 50 one being a 60 and the over was a 58.....ive seen numerous dolphins fans say they would be 4-1 if u had a decent kicker and the point of the offense is to score TDs and the point of the field goal kicker is to make field goals
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilant2398 wrote:
Deets wrote:
I find the Rams obsession with their kicker to be hilarious. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of offense to score touchdowns?

u cant be serious.... rookie kicker 13/13 4 kicks over 50 one being a 60 and the over was a 58.....ive seen numerous dolphins fans say they would be 4-1 if u had a decent kicker and the point of the offense is to score TDs and the point of the field goal kicker is to make field goals

to be fair i wouldn't mind him on our roster

^^^Kempes^^^
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainpd wrote:
lilant2398 wrote:
Deets wrote:

to be fair i wouldn't mind him on our roster

All kickers are mortal. Hes hot right now but the law of averages will get him in the end. Though if hes going to make the Rams offense more willing to settle for field goals and not try as hard to convert third downs then more power to him Wink

FF Member #67
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting the Rams kicker in my fantasy league Razz

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
Emerica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami - 31
St. Louis - 23

I think I'll either be wayyy off or right on target. We'll see.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:
I am starting the Rams kicker in my fantasy league Razz

Same. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Here's how the game plays out on paper:

Dolphins D vs. Rams O
Dolphins have the league's #1 rushing defense, allowing an average of 61.4 rush yards per game (and an average of 2.7 yards per rush). We've allowed one rush over 20 yards (29 yards), only 2 TDs on the ground and barely over 2 first downs on the ground per game. Two of the five teams we've played against have elite RBs (Darren McFadden and Arian Foster). The Rams average 94.6 rush yards per game, 22nd in the NFL, although most of their games were against good defenses (Lions, Bears, Cardinals, Seattle, Washington).

I think our rush defense is better than their rush offense. It'll be up to Sam Bradford (57.5% completion, 6 TDs, 5 INTs, 7.0 avg/attempt), who leads the NFL's 30th ranked passing offense (183.4 yards per game) to gain most of the yards. Our pass defense has held QBs to a pedestrian 75.0 rating and 7.0 average per attempt; about on par with Bradford's performance thus far.

Advantage: Dolphins

Dolphins O vs. Rams D
The Fins bring the NFL's 8th ranked rushing offense (136.2 yards per game, 4.0 average, Bush's average being 4.Cool against a statistically middle-of-the-pack Rams rushing defense (ranked 18th, 117.2 yards per game, 4.4 yards per attempt). The Rams have allowed over three times as many rushing 1st downs as the Dolphins.

Unfortunately for us, the Rams pass D has been superb so far this season, allowing only 2 passing TDs (just as many as Tannehill has on the season), a 66.6 QBR and a 6.5 average per attempt. The Rams defense averages 3.0 sacks per game, while our endearingly controversial offensive line gives up an average of 2.0 per game.

Advantage: Rams

Overall, I'd tend to agree with the Vegas oddsmakers for this game, although I'm a firm believer in the "any given Sunday" philosophy. We should win this game, but it'll be far from automatic with our offense.

Good luck to the Rams and here's to no injuries.

I tend to agree with you. THe Rams offensive line is mediocre. They will not be able to run the ball. Their passing game is awful as well. If Miami runs the ball, they should win comfortably but I expect the game to be close (17-14).
DolphWins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im very exicted to see what Lamar Miller can do today since D.Thomas is out.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so dead in here???? Dammmm

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami just seems flat so far. Like they didn't really come to play. Someone needs to step up and make a play to get some excitement and momentum going.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do the real refs come back cause this is F-ing rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TERRIBLE CALL AGAINST JAKE LONG ON A MIAMI FIRST DOWN. THEN INCOGNITO CONFIRMS HIMSELF AS PURE [inappropriate/removed] !!!!!!1

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito has got to go.
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful call yet again.

Also, why am I getting Rams commentators. This is ridiculous.

^ Jamison on the sig.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the guys play football. There is a flag on every other Miami play. This is the same garbage we saw from the replacement guys. It's football guys. That wasn't even anything all that remotely close to a hold, and really, a lineman continues his block after a runner is down on every other play. You don't always see the player down or hear the whistle. It's football these are big boys. Quit ruining the game with these crappy garbage calls and let the freakin people play. I don't want to watch another 5 hour game again either. Rediculous!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: