Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is defense leader?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Who is defense leader? Reply with quote

Which player is the leader on defense? Peyton Manning clearly commands the offense.

Dawkins was an emotional leader on defense but he's retired.

Champ is still a great player but he's a quiet leader. Elvis and Von get headlines but neither seem to be running the defense.

Which player do the other players turn to? Maybe the lack of a locker room leader reveals how the defense plays.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That mantle is rapidly passing to Von. His actions on the field speak volumes. Much more so than locker room speeches.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I desperately want Te'o. He would do more than fill this role.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
This is why I desperately want Te'o. He would do more than fill this role.
I couldn't agreemore. The guy is exactly what this defense needs. He brings toughness, leadership, and most importantly skill to the MLB position. Stop the run or run with TE's. He can do it all.

We have no real leader on D. Hopefully Von can fill that role as the season goes along.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that T'eo would bring the presence and leadership this team has lacked, quite honestly, since Al Wilson. However, I think that Denver has too many weaknesses in the trenches to go with a Mike. I also think that T'eo is going in the top15. IMO he is very similar to Patrick Willis. I wouldn't be upset with a T'eo pick but i would go elsewhere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o has no shot of being available when we pick unless he tests awful and falls or we go 8-8 and pick around #12.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Te'o has no shot of being available when we pick unless he tests awful and falls or we go 8-8 and pick around #12.

Agree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

I doubt he will even be their at pick #12. Guy is a fringe top 7 pick in next years draft. But he is the kind of player I would risk losing future draft picks to move up and get him by any means possible. Been a huge fan of his for a long time. As good as he is on the field, he is an equally good person off it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

I doubt he will even be their at pick #12. Guy is a fringe top 7 pick in next years draft. But he is the kind of player I would risk losing future draft picks to move up and get him by any means possible. Been a huge fan of his for a long time. As good as he is on the field, he is an equally good person off it.
6-15 is about his range really depends on how he tests, if he puts up Willis type numbers top 10 easy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: