Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jelani Jenkins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Jelani Jenkins Reply with quote

Why doesn't this guy get talked about more? He's arguably the most athletic player to come out at LB since Patrick Willis and he has the numbers to back it up on a very impressive Florida defense. I know he's been hurt this year but I don't ever remember seeing his name on this site. What do you guys think of his pro potential?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
c0insnap

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely highly recruited player out of Maryland if I remember right... ran something like a 4.3 coming out of high school. I'd be lying if I said I've really kept up with his collegiate career, but if he's progressed the way he was projected to, then he should be a 1st-2nd round pick.

Beast
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Jelani Jenkins Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Why doesn't this guy get talked about more? He's arguably the most athletic player to come out at LB since Patrick Willis and he has the numbers to back it up on a very impressive Florida defense. I know he's been hurt this year but I don't ever remember seeing his name on this site. What do you guys think of his pro potential?

10/20/12: Jenkins has only five tackles so far this season. He was broke his thumb against Texas A&M. Jenkins missed two games due to the injury but came back to play some against LSU. However, he spent a lot of the game on the sideline and basically missed the next game, against Vanderbilt.

It's hard to get a read on his play when he is on the side line.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Jelani Jenkins Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
He's arguably the most athletic player to come out at LB since Patrick Willis

Think

If I remember correctly, Patrick Willis was acclaimed for being a complete linebacker, and just because you can run fast and jump high doesn't mean you have the instincts to be an elite LB prospect
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Jelani Jenkins Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

There's plenty of athletes, just nobody had the complete ability that P Willy did, and Jenkins doesn't either...Guys like Moch, or Zach Brown last year could take that crown...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Jelani Jenkins Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

There's plenty of athletes, just nobody had the complete ability that P Willy did, and Jenkins doesn't either...Guys like Moch, or Zach Brown last year could take that crown...

Last season Jelani Jenkins showcased his abilities, he was a good pass rusher, very good in coverage and made plays all over the field. I mean he had 75 tackles, 6 PD, 6 TFL, 2 sacks, 3 hurries a FF and an INT returned for a TD. He's an athletic freak and has the statistics to back it up, I guess I just don't get why he's not being talked about, I never heard his name mentioned last year either. I was just confused, usually guys with his type of athleticism and ability are raved about consistently.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
wukusimw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great game against SC. Had a nice pick with his cast on wiped out by a penalty. I have a feeling the stats won't tell you the truth about this guy...The toughest guys for me to get a gauge on have always been florida's defensive players. Except for their corners that is...Other than that they always have speed but you can't really tell how other parts of their game will translate.

Jenkins seems to be a real good college player, but in the draft you have Greene and A. Brown to contend with. Jenkins could get mixed up in the group of guys like Minter, J. Brown, and Skov. It will be hard for him to sniff the 1st with his injury time, late 2nd-mid 3rd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: