Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When is it okay to talk down to people?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this thread, but this looks like fun, I'll give it a try.

One time I went to go swimming in this pool with my cousins and as soon as I got in the water I started flailing because I realized I couldn't swim. I thought I was going to die. Then I stood up.

#LifeExperiences
#LearningNotToBeStupid

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I'm old! Rabble, rabble. *shakes cane*
FIFY
GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!
I saw your other post pre-edit. I see you old folks are still confused by technology. It's ok, happens to everybody who's post their prime.

Saw it, too.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
x0x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

When the guys above want to be taken seriously, they can articulate themselves in a proper manner, one that does not indicate that youth should be considered within the context of their message. I've seen several instances in which these guys do, in my interactions with them while discussing the trivial activity known as pro football. If they are able to articulate their stances so effectively within that discussion, I can only surmise that they can transfer this ability to topics outside of football with equal results. In no time have I ever held their ages against them, even thought I know who they are and know how old they are.

Yet, in a topic such as this, where you're basically asking for us to validate a stance in which you yourself have questions on and are continually attempting to find some sort of justification, it behooves everyone involved to find SOME way to maintain some sort of sanity. Since just going off on you and calling you to the carpet as brutally as possible could warrant administrative action against THEM, they went the alternate route, using humor to discredit a stance you are too stubborn to break away from.

In short: People have spent pages of telling you why your train of thought is wrong, yet you continue to protect the stance you have taken, as if there is ground for you to stand on. Continuing the discussion with a rational approach will be lost on you (as you have demonstrated with your endless replies) and attacking you personally puts their posting rights at risk, so the only safe alternative is to turn this into one big joke, one that you're not seeing, apparently.

But, that's just how I see it.

Fair enough. Once in a while I try to speak reasonably and forget this is a football forum and I should stay away from non-football discussions.

Whether my stance is unpopular or not, it is who I am.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:

Fair enough. Once in a while I try to speak reasonably and forget this is a football forum and I should stay away from non-football discussions.

Says the guy who started 6 TAST topics in the last 2 weeks alone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one time, I was at McDonalds, and I saw a guy ask for a McDouble with no mustard, no ketchup, lettuce, and Big Mac sauce.

#1DollarBigMac
#DontTeachThatinCollege
#LifeExperiences

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
This is what I don't understand. How does this being a football forum preclude reasonable discussion?

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I have issues with the use of the phrase "Once in a while" and "reasonably".

We'll start with the serious one, reasonably: You came here with a question, and by continued discussions on the topic, this was a loaded question in which you had already formulated your opinion and are now continually on the defense, with no sign of even considering the other side of the coin, and further impressing upon us that you've already made your decision.

If by your definition that is "reasonable" - to where you pose a question with an expected answer, and any attempts to point that out using reason, you make another excuse - then I would suggest you really sit and think of the word "reasonable" and get back to us when you have.

Then, the "once in a while" thing...I mean, you're the one who asked us whether or not we would want to be stuffed like a trophy kill when we pass away. You're the one who asked us if we would eat our roommate's food if it was expired. Those were two of the more outlandish questions you've posed to us, and I feel as if this one is yet another one to add to the list...yet these are just a few of the MANY examples we have for you. I'm all for it, it makes for a good read - but let's not try to understate it, as you are now.

You're good for site traffic and hits, that much I will say. So, thanks! Very Happy

Quote:

I'll give you props for that. Rock who you are, walk to the beat of your own drum - that is a lesson that all could learn from, regardless of age. Be you. However, continued attempts to explain your stance to a group that continually question said individual nature isn't exactly going to get much accomplished. Much like you are who you are, we are who we are, and continually trying to explain your point will eventually devolve into what we find now...and besmirching those who join in on the lighter side of the discussion and blaming it on their "youth" is ignoring the large pile you've laid out for us and not taking responsibility for your role in what we find now.

I'm out. Take care! Very Happy

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys got to admit, as much hate as x0x gets, he is still a riot!

I mean despite how unpopular his stances might be, where else are you going to get this kind of spirited debate at 2 o'clock in the afternoon?

I for one thank you kind sir for eating your roommate's expired food and talking condescendingly to intellectually inferior individuals. You and your unique ways are what truly make this country the greatest. God bless America!

.....wait, YOU'RE CANADIAN?!

I take all that back. Do as you will with him.

Matts4313 wrote:
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I think the above posts should stand as confirmation of why people my age and older don't take youth seriously.

You guys like to exaggerate and make light of any situation. Nevermind overreact but that's what makes FF so entertaining right?

I think Gen Y is a stupid name. I think we should be called "The Honey Badger Generation." Honey Badger Generation don't care. Honey Badger Generation don't give a schit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Most people take a long time to understand what respect really is. I'm not sure if many of you are simply naive on the subject, but more than likely as common sense would indicate, most of you haven't taught anything at length.

Back to assuming and being condescending.

Quote:
Being courteous and treating people with dignity does not correlate to respecting them.

respect as a noun:

5. polite or kind regard; consideration: respect for people's feelings

respect as a verb:

9. to show consideration for; treat courteously or kindly

So it seems that you are incorrect.

Quote:
I find throughout this thread, life experience was trivialized.

You may have. What I saw was the life experience was acknowledged as being important, but not the only thing. You also appear to be confusing age with life experience. Does life experience come with age? Sure, generally speaking, but they are not the same thing. I know people far older than me that don't have the same life experiences as I do.

Quote:
Whenever someone tries to tell you to not do something because it will result in something negative, if smart, you try and avoid this, but in the end you will never acknowledge the severity of it until you pass through that experience

I get what you are saying here, and agree with it to a point, but it is not true 100% of the time. I don't need to go to jail to realize the severity of committing a crime.

Quote:
I think the above posts should stand as confirmation of why people my age and older don't take youth seriously.

Cop out, plain and simple. The posts in question are clearly and obviously a joke. Are you saying old people are above humor? I can just as easily say this is why younger people don't take older people seriously, they lack a sense of humor and overreact to things all the time.

Quote:
You guys like to exaggerate and make light of any situation. Nevermind overreact but that's what makes FF so entertaining right?

Pot meet kettle.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
1King

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
This one time, I was at McDonalds, and I saw a guy ask for a McDouble with no mustard, no ketchup, lettuce, and Big Mac sauce.

#1DollarBigMac
#DontTeachThatinCollege
#LifeExperiences

And one time I saw a fast food place get that order wrong.

#LifeIsntFair
#RealWorldProblems
#LifeIsADisappointment

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

#1DollarBigMac
#DontTeachThatinCollege
#LifeExperiences

And one time I saw a fast food place get that order wrong.

#LifeIsntFair
#RealWorldProblems
#LifeIsADisappointment

I need more life experience. Definitely need to level up a few times.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
#LifeIsntFair
#RealWorldProblems
#LifeIsADisappointment

You're doing it wrong!

Matts4313 wrote:
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
x0x wrote:
I have issues with the use of the phrase "Once in a while" and "reasonably".

We'll start with the serious one, reasonably: You came here with a question, and by continued discussions on the topic, this was a loaded question in which you had already formulated your opinion and are now continually on the defense, with no sign of even considering the other side of the coin, and further impressing upon us that you've already made your decision.

If by your definition that is "reasonable" - to where you pose a question with an expected answer, and any attempts to point that out using reason, you make another excuse - then I would suggest you really sit and think of the word "reasonable" and get back to us when you have.

Then, the "once in a while" thing...I mean, you're the one who asked us whether or not we would want to be stuffed like a trophy kill when we pass away. You're the one who asked us if we would eat our roommate's food if it was expired. Those were two of the more outlandish questions you've posed to us, and I feel as if this one is yet another one to add to the list...yet these are just a few of the MANY examples we have for you. I'm all for it, it makes for a good read - but let's not try to understate it, as you are now.

You're good for site traffic and hits, that much I will say. So, thanks! Very Happy

Quote:

I'll give you props for that. Rock who you are, walk to the beat of your own drum - that is a lesson that all could learn from, regardless of age. Be you. However, continued attempts to explain your stance to a group that continually question said individual nature isn't exactly going to get much accomplished. Much like you are who you are, we are who we are, and continually trying to explain your point will eventually devolve into what we find now...and besmirching those who join in on the lighter side of the discussion and blaming it on their "youth" is ignoring the large pile you've laid out for us and not taking responsibility for your role in what we find now.

I'm out. Take care! Very Happy

While I don't agree with most of the stuff that x0x posts, there is no doubt that he is great for FF. The point of a forum like this one is to have interesting and intelligent debates. Other than the threads that get locked, x0x usually sparks discussions like this throughout the forum.
1King

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
1King wrote:
#LifeIsntFair
#RealWorldProblems
#LifeIsADisappointment

You're doing it wrong!

Nope, I did it on purpose. That way I can get another #LifeExperience

Wink

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: