You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pittsburgh (2-2) @ Tennessee (1-4) TNF Official GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins this epic clash?
THE TITANS
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
PITTSBURGH
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

VYoung10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Eric Davis from the NFLN picked us Shocked

So did Flipper.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that gives me slight optimism is that this is a short week. We've been seeing good teams play down to the level of their competition on these Thursday Night Games. With that said, I think this game will be more like the Giants/Panthers (blowout) game than the Browns/Ravens (close) game.

#MTGA
VYoung10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 4 years ago when we opened against the Steelers on Thursday night, the presidential debate was on. Well tonight, the VP debate is on. Coincidence?
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VYoung10 wrote:
So 4 years ago when we opened against the Steelers on Thursday night, the presidential debate was on. Well tonight, the VP debate is on. Coincidence?

Yes it is
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
Some of you are so clueless rusty smith sucks. Chris Johnson is still are best offensive weapon like it or not...

We are clueless, and yet you use Chris Johnson and "Offensive" in the same sentence. Do you have even the slightest clue what your talking about?

And by the way, it's 'our' not "are". You are also clueless when it comes to grammar apparently.

What are you my English teacher? Laughing rusty smith is in no way better than hasselback and were not benching chris Johnson because hes getting stuffed on every place hes obviously not built for picking up yards by moving the pile he needs decent blocking to be dangerous and hes not getting that. I dont get why this is so hard to understand. Hes not eddie George. Hes 200 pounds he needs a hole to blow past linebackers to the 3rd level and hes getting nothing to work with so we replace him for a less talented player thats the same style

Rusty definitely has a better arm, is probably less likely to sustain an injury (not counting something like a concussion, I mean a strain or something like that), and understands the offense better. The coaches and all three QBs agreed last year and this past offseason that Rusty had a better grasp on the offense. If his in-game decision making is any good, he probably is a better QB for this team at this point than Hasselbeck.

There's nothing hard to understand about CJ not being built to move piles. Everybody understands that. What's complicated, apparently, is that he's missing holes on a regular basis. I don't recall anybody saying he should run like Jerome Bettis. We just want him to run like the old CJ.

As for CJ not being Eddie George - well you're right about that. Eddie had more leadership and heart in that toe he kept injuring than CJ has.
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
prozac77 wrote:
Titans 21
Steelers 20

The Titans will be down 17-0 at halftime, coaching staff decides to throw Rusty in after Hasslebeck throws for 100 yards on 30 attempts. The team rallies around him and throttles the Steelers in the 2nd half to win it.

Im gonna make 2 BOLD PREDICTIONS for this game.
1) Either Kamerion Wimbley or Derrick Morgan gets a sack.
2) Taylor Thompson builds off his thrilling performance in 4th quarter against the Vikings and catches another pass.

Is it sad that a "bold" prediction for our team is that ONE of our TWO starting DEs gets a sack? Laughing

It's way, way beyond sad, but it's the way things are right now. Pittsburgh's OL has been a weak point for them for a while, and I don't think it's much better this year. Hopefully the pass rush shows up tonight, whether it's Wimbley, Morgan, a DT, or anybody else.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans 12
Steelers 10

Smile
coleman51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:

Yes it is

Wasn't that the beginning of Michael Griffin's demise? Maybe he can be good again and turn his career around?

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
VY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've been thinking about is the decision to not re-sign Ahmard Hall and go with Quinn Johnson. I remember toward the end of Eddie George's career we essentially played no fullback, only 2 TE sets with one being an H-back sometimes... which led to disastrous results. Sure, some was on Eddie, but historically we've just not been good at it.

Looking at this year's snap count percentage by game, QJ has never factored in more than 19% of offensive plays. Some of that likely due to us playing from behind so much, but could have a bearing on our running game. Something needs to change in the scheme of how our run game is planned, I'm not sure if more FB (more cowbell!) is the answer (or a FB altogether) or not... but Palmer needs to get creative somehow.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

QJ's Snaps (%) By Week
W1 - 15%
W2 - 7%
W3 - 19% --> Coincidentally (I think) our only W
W4 - 11%
W5 - 15%
TitansAllDay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh-30

Tennessee-10
VYoung10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:

Yes it is

Wasn't that the beginning of Michael Griffin's demise? Maybe he can be good again and turn his career around?

Lol, he was upset he got fined, and he hated contact before that hit. I can't imagine what chicken little will do tonight, maybe play "slap hands"
Titansfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoenstly, I'd have stayed up till 5am tonight if Locker was playing (Despite being in work at 7am). However, now I know he's out and Hass is in I really am not going to watch it live and will record it.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers - 48

Titans - 4 hehe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm gonna watch but I probably won't enjoy it.

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
ChiefMoccanooga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tailgating outside!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: