Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Troy rips the fans.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Troy rips the fans. Reply with quote

Basically, it's what many of you have preached on here, about those Cowboy fans attending the games.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079060/article/troy-aikman-cowboys-fans-go-to-games-to-be-seen?module=HP11_headline_stack
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad really, IMO. But maybe fans are rebelling against JJ 'S product on the field. I've seen many internet post as to stop attending games and buying product. This is what you get.

247 Boys4Life, I know no other way.

textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good!!! Maybe I'd we could get a fee more high profiles to join in as well, game goers will get the hint!

Also I woul suggest that Jerryworld hire a new jumbotron operator, who knows a little something about football and creating a home field advantage. You know, put up the words on huge lettering shhh and cheer!!!!! This way we can teach them the right times to do certain things, like a hunter training a dog!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
bwareovdware94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprising, anyone who disagrees is kidding themselves. To be fair I think that every stadium is getting slightly less volatile as the prices of tickets rise. But this is case even more so in Cowboys stadium, because the ticket prices are so high, and the actual game is seen as secondary to most of the "Cowboy fans" that show up.

If I had an infinite amount of money I would buy out all the seats closest to the field and give them to the loudest, angriest most obnoxious Cowboys fans I could find, because there are many out there, myself included.

19 targets, 8 receptions, 81 yards, 5 drops, 0 tds.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Good!!! Maybe I'd we could get a fee more high profiles to join in as well, game goers will get the hint!

Also I woul suggest that Jerryworld hire a new jumbotron operator, who knows a little something about football and creating a home field advantage. You know, put up the words on huge lettering shhh and cheer!!!!! This way we can teach them the right times to do certain things, like a hunter training a dog!

Youve never been to the new stadium, have you?
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I'd have to agree with every word Troy said.

Maybe this team will hit it's lowest of lowest points ever this season. Than we'll get to see who the real cowboy fans are in the masses and maybe that small handful of true fans will get to experience success finally sometime soon.

I don't really expect to see much out of this team after how they played the bears 2 weeks ago. Some people may have forgotten about it, but I didn't see anything in that game that even made me think for a second that this is a playoff team honestly.

Out of what we have seen so far. To be brutally honest.

1. We can't run the ball consistently or if at all

2. Our whole offense is based on our QB making miracle plays avoiding awful amounts of pass rush allowed by the O-line. Literally every play I see is Romo trying to make something out of nothing.

3. Our defense has been on and off. The two losses we had our D just look like they gave up in the 4th quarter. Or should I say it looked like they weren't even on the field.

4. Our Players lack heart. You can blame Jerry Jones all you want but when it comes down to it, it's the players jobs to execute. Let's be realistic here, he did what a GM does, put talent on the field to win for your team. The rest is handled by the coaching staff and the mentality of the players.

5. Jason Garrett loves to preach consistently. So far haven't seen nothing relating to that. 8-8 Season proved that and less than a year later we are sitting here again @ 2-2 with two of what I call downright blowout awful degrading losses.

Finally feels to good to get this off my chest. I think for the past 2 years I've been just lying to myself with stats and all that to hide away from the fact of what this team is. Can it change? I don't know. I've seen miracles around tons of awful sports teams.

Some people might disagree with what I'm saying but in the end it is basically what is happening right now with the cowboys. So yeah in the end cowboys fans have not a lot to cheer for right now. I'm sure there are tons of diehard cowboy fans there in Dallas, a lot while paying for the ticket seemed too much would still be to. The real question is would they be interested to spend their hard earned money to watch this kind of team.

Well that's my in-depth theory anyway. Laughing

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im flying in from FL to see the Giants @ Cowboys.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the problem is the stadium. JJ created a massive entertainment complex first and foremost and a football stadium second. The stadium is so large and cavernous that it's not a big surprise that noise is muted in the stadium and that the crowd doesn't get that involved.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically Troy Aikman is calling a lot of fans in Dallas hyprocrites, especially with his Texas Rangers analogy. I think he's dead on about the fans at Cowboy Stadium but it's strange because the Dallas Mavericks doesn't seem like they have this problem on their home court.

With this being said, I think Dallas has a very good home field advantage during their away games so I think it evens itself out.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Part of the problem is the stadium. JJ created a massive entertainment complex first and foremost and a football stadium second. The stadium is so large and cavernous that it's not a big surprise that noise is muted in the stadium and that the crowd doesn't get that involved.

This doesn't make sense to me, because a stadium is huge that means that the crowd shouldn't get involved in the game?

Me personally, I think the problem is that HUGE big screen projector that's hanging above the field at Cowboys Stadium. I've never been to a Cowboy home game but I think that thing kinda works like a TV to fans. They only watch and cheer when the Cowboys have the ball. Instead of cheering against the opponent and causing problems when they get the ball, they just sit back in their seats and view it on the projector. That's why the fans cheer when the Cowboys get the ball and are quiet when the opponent has the ball. They are watching half of the game on the projector.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, when the Cowboys were Legendary, and Landry and Schram wanted Troy. But Jimmy didn't, and some how Troy was drafted, maybe the GM Schram had something to do with that? Because Jimmy boy wanted his boy from Miami to be the guy. Wasn't his name Steve something or rather, maybe Walsh.

But as the fairy tale goes, the fat little troll Jimmy ended up with Troy, and he predicted Troy was a loser in College and would always be a loser.

So Jimmy set out to prove this, he went 1-15 in his first year, and said, we need Steve Walsh, this Troy guy sucks. But dumb old Jerry, said no, you don't like him, I'll get somebody who does. Then came a guy named Norv Turner, Norv, said, hey Troy, I think you can do it.

Now Jimmy thought, what can I do, I look stupid, hey I got a phone call from the Vikings (not really it was Jerry, but he told Jimmy settle down something is in the works). Well Jerry told old Jimmy his Arkansas buddy these guys will sell the farm for Hershal, what you think.

Jimmy said, well what about my guy Walsh, can he start, Jerry said, Hell No, but if we trade Landry's guy Hershal, you can get some credit for building a new team. Jimmy said, hell ya, lets do it.

All was good in Cowboys land after that for awhile. But......you fill in the rest?

As for Troy, does anybody really care what he has to say anymore? Not me, I'd rather pay attention to what Roger, and the old Cowboys are saying!!!!!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm...if Jimmy really wanted Walsh that badly, why did he trade him away early in the 1990 season? That was also a full year before Norv was brought on.

It also doesn't make sense why Troy would be so adamantly in a coach's corner who supposedly didn't want him or think he would ever succeed.

^^^mack
Calvert28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:

4. Our Players lack heart. You can blame Jerry Jones all you want but when it comes down to it, it's the players jobs to execute. Let's be realistic here, he did what a GM does, put talent on the field to win for your team. The rest is handled by the coaching staff and the mentality of the players.

I'm only responding to this, when you create me first, lazy atmosphere from the top of the office. That me first lazy atmosphere spreads through the entire orginization. When players see the owner do it, and get away with things because the owners like them. That's the type of attitude their gonna have.

Take a look at the Pitt orginization and what happened with those like Holmes, or Porter for that matter. They nip it in the keester, and an apology afterwards, or their let go straight away. Ben is the only person I've been allowed to get away with contreversy.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
TheStarStillShines wrote:

This doesn't make sense to me, because a stadium is huge that means that the crowd shouldn't get involved in the game?

Me personally, I think the problem is that HUGE big screen projector that's hanging above the field at Cowboys Stadium. I've never been to a Cowboy home game but I think that thing kinda works like a TV to fans. They only watch and cheer when the Cowboys have the ball. Instead of cheering against the opponent and causing problems when they get the ball, they just sit back in their seats and view it on the projector. That's why the fans cheer when the Cowboys get the ball and are quiet when the opponent has the ball. They are watching half of the game on the projector.

That's part of it. The size of the stadium puts fans farther away from the feel and lacks any intimacy. As such, the stadium is part of the problem. So is the crowd. And so is the product on the field.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Once upon a time, when the Cowboys were Legendary, and Landry and Schram wanted Troy. But Jimmy didn't, and some how Troy was drafted, maybe the GM Schram had something to do with that? Because Jimmy boy wanted his boy from Miami to be the guy. Wasn't his name Steve something or rather, maybe Walsh.

But as the fairy tale goes, the fat little troll Jimmy ended up with Troy, and he predicted Troy was a loser in College and would always be a loser.

So Jimmy set out to prove this, he went 1-15 in his first year, and said, we need Steve Walsh, this Troy guy sucks. But dumb old Jerry, said no, you don't like him, I'll get somebody who does. Then came a guy named Norv Turner, Norv, said, hey Troy, I think you can do it.

Now Jimmy thought, what can I do, I look stupid, hey I got a phone call from the Vikings (not really it was Jerry, but he told Jimmy settle down something is in the works). Well Jerry told old Jimmy his Arkansas buddy these guys will sell the farm for Hershal, what you think.

Jimmy said, well what about my guy Walsh, can he start, Jerry said, Hell No, but if we trade Landry's guy Hershal, you can get some credit for building a new team. Jimmy said, hell ya, lets do it.

All was good in Cowboys land after that for awhile. But......you fill in the rest?

As for Troy, does anybody really care what he has to say anymore? Not me, I'd rather pay attention to what Roger, and the old Cowboys are saying!!!!!

That's a bit of revisionist history. Both Aikman and Walsh were drafted in 1989 - Aikman 1st overall in the NFL Draft and Walsh taken 1st overall in the supplemental draft. A rebuilding team was giving itself options at QB. I don't doubt, however, that Johnson having coached Walsh influenced the Boys' decision to take Walsh in the supplemental draft.

Even though Walsh started a few games during the 1989 season, he was traded at the start of the 1990 season to New Orleans. If Jimmy was so adamant to keep Walsh, he wouldn't have traded him for a boatload of picks.

And as Des pointed out, Norv Turner didn't arrive on the scene until 1991.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: