Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Troy rips the fans.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never read such factually inaccurate rubbish. Jimmy Johnson and Jimmy Johnson alone drafted Troy Aikman. Jimmy Johnson alone traded Steve Walsh. Jimmy Johnson had EXCLUSIVE CONTOL. It was in his contract and he yielded it like a sword. Jimmy did what Jimmy wanted. End of discussion.

There's a famous story that Jimmy worked out a trade with the browns the night before the draft. Later, Jerry found out about the trade and asked why he wasn't consulted about it and basically Jimmy's response was "cause I don't have to." Then, Jerry told Jimmy that ESPN would be videotaping the war room and asked Jimmy to pretend that Jimmy consulted with Jerry before accepting the trade for the cameras.

Seriously, how many owners have a problem with a head coach who won back to back superbowls? No one accept Jerry Jones. It is a well known fact that the reason Jerry developed ill will toward Johnson was because Johnson had EXCLUSIVE CONTROL and wouldn't let Jerry play in the game.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Johnson, Mr. Nice Guy, drafted Troy Aikman #1 overall out of the goodness of his heart. That's funny. Definitely sounds like a fairy tale.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/rashard-mendenhall-tells-fans-they-need-to-be-supportive/

RaShard Mendenhall took the words right out of my mouth.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
First of all when Landry talked about getting Aikman, I thought there was no one better, still feel the same. Don't care much for him now but as a QB, he was my guy. Second you have never pointed out anything I was wrong about. I once made the mistake of telling you to mind your own business....and you banned me, I won't do that again. Very Happy Was your favorite singer Chubby Checker? Because you have a habbit of putting a twist to things I never said?

You clearly don't read people's posts do you. If you go back to the previous page, you'll note that I corrected you on your claim that after the Boys went 1-15 in 1989 that Steve Walsh was then drafted the next year and Norv Turner came on board that year too. These were proven to be incorrect and, therefore, your account of Cowboys history was incorrect.

And I'm not twisting anything. Rather, you choose to ignore what people say and you have a habit of changing your opinion after someone has corrected you, spinning it to make it seem you were correct in the first place.

I went back and read every post, I see nothing I said that remotely has anything to do with what you said. Also I don't have a habbit of saying or doing anything. You banned me once before...big deal you are an [inappropriate/removed]. I was talking to Des not you? How can someone have a habbit when they don't post here very often? I know the Cowboys I know their History, YOU DON"T, now ban me again....Like I really care. I'm 60 years old, a special forces guy from way back in Nam days. I'd love to meet you in a Bar, and then you could give it a shot lmfao at you.....never call me a liar PUNK
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
First of all when Landry talked about getting Aikman, I thought there was no one better, still feel the same. Don't care much for him now but as a QB, he was my guy. Second you have never pointed out anything I was wrong about. I once made the mistake of telling you to mind your own business....and you banned me, I won't do that again. Very Happy Was your favorite singer Chubby Checker? Because you have a habbit of putting a twist to things I never said?

You clearly don't read people's posts do you. If you go back to the previous page, you'll note that I corrected you on your claim that after the Boys went 1-15 in 1989 that Steve Walsh was then drafted the next year and Norv Turner came on board that year too. These were proven to be incorrect and, therefore, your account of Cowboys history was incorrect.

And I'm not twisting anything. Rather, you choose to ignore what people say and you have a habit of changing your opinion after someone has corrected you, spinning it to make it seem you were correct in the first place.

I went back and read every post, I see nothing I said that remotely has anything to do with what you said. Also I don't have a habbit of saying or doing anything. You banned me once before...big deal you are an [inappropriate/removed]. I was talking to Des not you? How can someone have a habbit when they don't post here very often? I know the Cowboys I know their History, YOU DON"T, now ban me again....Like I really care. I'm 60 years old, a special forces guy from way back in Nam days. I'd love to meet you in a Bar, and then you could give it a shot lmfao at you.....never call me a liar PUNK

Laughing

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Perhaps "liar" is too strong of a word. Perhaps "delusional" is more apropos. Regardless, your "history" of the cowboys is shaky at best.

Good day sir.

TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Wow, overreaction. First of all, I never called you a liar. Now that's putting words in someone's mouth.

Second, both Des and I showed where you were mistaken on a bit of Cowboys' history. Others have also weighed in to correct you on your interpretation of Boys' history. We all make mistakes. It's not a big deal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people take football and the internet way too seriously.

Football is nothing more than entertainment. We watch it to have fun. Who really gives a crap who was/wasn't in charge of every single detail? Neither Hawksrealm nor the people arguing with him have provided an article to support their claims about the "facts" they claim to be true.

The only fact in this whole damn argument is that people are imperfect. Not everyone remembers every single detail about every single thing that happened in Cowboys history, especially if they weren't there to witness it in person. You guys need to quit your bitchin', drink a beer and realize that at the end of the day, we are all Cowboys fans.

Mods, this thread has been completely derailed. Y'all either need to get it back on topic or lock it up. Letting people constantly bicker about stuff that really doesn't matter, not issuing warnings when they are deserved, letting the idiotic arguments continue for 2-3 pages and not enforcing the rules are the reasons why this forum has gone so far downhill.

I don't blame T_O7 for leaving. Hell, I'm thisclose to doing so myself.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Wow, overreaction. First of all, I never called you a liar. Now that's putting words in someone's mouth.

Second, both Des and I showed where you were mistaken on a bit of Cowboys' history. Others have also weighed in to correct you on your interpretation of Boys' history. We all make mistakes. It's not a big deal.

Again you and Des pointed out nothing to me that I said that was wrong. In fact everything I said is true.

Its been a long running thing on this board that Jerry is an Idiot and jimmy Johnson was some kind of Jesus.

It took me a long time to forgive Jerry for firing Landry, but I did. Bum Bright was an idiot, but he was smart enough to let Schram run things for him. There is far to many hate posts about Jerry on this site, and you as a MOD you allow them. I myself feel its only a game, and Jerry does his best.

He fired Landry to hire his friend from Arkansas, then his friend Fired or cut some of the best football players the Cowboys ever had. But thats okay they still had Hershal....the man that built the 90s Cowboys. You love Jimmy Johnson like all the guys who got on board in the 90s. Sorry to say....I don't....I Really give him little credit for the 90s Cowboys...I give him as much credit as I give Switzer, who I liked.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

Football is nothing more than entertainment. We watch it to have fun. Who really gives a crap who was/wasn't in charge of every single detail? Neither Hawksrealm nor the people arguing with him have provided an article to support their claims about the "facts" they claim to be true.

The only fact in this whole damn argument is that people are imperfect. Not everyone remembers every single detail about every single thing that happened in Cowboys history, especially if they weren't there to witness it in person. You guys need to quit your bitchin', drink a beer and realize that at the end of the day, we are all Cowboys fans.

Mods, this thread has been completely derailed. Y'all either need to get it back on topic or lock it up. Letting people constantly bicker about stuff that really doesn't matter, not issuing warnings when they are deserved, letting the idiotic arguments continue for 2-3 pages and not enforcing the rules are the reasons why this forum has gone so far downhill.

The article I'm referring to is from sports illustrated from 1994. I highly doubt it's online to link to.

Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

Sorry Ht....I missed this...but I did prove what I said....you must have missed that. and it was always a Cowboys thread, with the Mods involved, why should they lock it because you don't like the content?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
htfryar wrote:

The article I'm referring to is from sports illustrated from 1994. I highly doubt it's online to link to.

Slam, here's the 1994 SI article you're referencing

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1005069/index.htm

Quote:
Johnson's story was this: The day before the 1992 NFL draft, the Dallas brain-trust—Johnson, Jones and Ackles—formulated a trade to offer the Cleveland Browns. Late that day, after Jones had left the office, Cleveland coach Bill Belichick called back to say he would do the deal, and the Cowboys announced it. On draft day Jones came to the office upset that he hadn't been called when the deal was confirmed, and he asked to see Johnson. Their meeting droned on until, with only five minutes left before the start of the draft, Jones told Johnson, "You know the ESPN camera is in the draft room today. So whenever we're about to make a pick, you look at me, like we're talking about it." In other words, Make me look as if I'm a big player here, even though we all know I'm not making the picks.

A video highlighting the controversy between Aikman and Walsh

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d811132c0/Top-Ten-QB-Controversies-Aikman-vs-Walsh

Here's the Bayless article with the Jimmy quote regarding Aikman

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060807

This thread has been derailed...so I'm going to go ahead and lock it up. If anyone feels like starting a new thread to discuss Aikman and Jimmy's relationship, feel free to do so. I'd ask ahead of time that you keep it to football and be respectful when debating your opinion or the supposed facts.

Hawksrealm, this is not an official warning, but in the future please refrain from using foul language when someone disagrees with you.

^^^Deadpulse

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: