Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Trade and Free Agent Signings/Rumors Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rosenthal says Rangers GM Jon Daniels is driving the trade, "feverishly trying to land" Upton.

Jon can pair together as many teams as he wants but he's not getting him without Andrus. If KT wanted to trade Upton for a less than amazing package it would've happened already.

That said KT needs to trade him now or come out and say JU will NOT be traded. The kid is probably pissed and the relationship might be beyond repair. But Towers is a robot so I doubt he makes any effort to stitch the wound should he stay.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Quote:
Rosenthal says Rangers GM Jon Daniels is driving the trade, "feverishly trying to land" Upton.

Jon can pair together as many teams as he wants but he's not getting him without Andrus. If KT wanted to trade Upton for a less than amazing package it would've happened

The Rangers can make this Asdrubal Cabrera deal work. Andrus doesn't have to be involved.

Mike Olt, Derek Holland, Martin Perez, Cody Buckel, Leonys Martin and Justin Grimm are our main trade chips imo. A package with any combination of those players going to Cleveland and AZ should make them bite.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It once seemed like Josh Hamilton had become a forgotten man for the Mariners here this week as they pursued a host of other offensive options. But I’m now told the talks between the two sides have been a lot more serious than anyone has let on and that they are actually “very close” to getting a deal done.

Quote:
Yahoo! reported that Hamilton’s agent, Michael Moye,  met with Rangers GM Jon Daniels here at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and told him he would have an opportunity to match any offer sent Hamilton’s way. But if the Rangers decide to sign Greinke, they would not have enough left over to match any Hamilton offer as well.
That would leave the Mariners, who, the source said, would likely make a Hamilton deal happen “very soon” afterwards.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/mariners/2012/12/06/mariners-said-to-be-still-very-much-in-the-running-for-josh-hamilton/

Greinke needs to hurry up, then everything will start moving a lot faster.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Mariners are making a big push for Hamilton, writes Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, and talks are more serious between the two sides than has been let on. The holdup, not surprisingly, is the Rangers' ongoing pursuit of Greinke. If Greinke does land in Texas, Baker writes that the Mariners could make a deal for Hamilton happen "very soon" afterward.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#QqLg2fQxfrqZx8rJ.99

Out of the 3 guys we have been linked to Bourn,Swisher and Hamilton he is the only guy i would want to give up a 1st round pick for.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta convince Felix they're committed to winning. His Safeco splits are concerning but nobody can hit there... 5 years/90M?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please.

Hamilton may be a frustrating player, but seeing some offense will make the last couple years of this rebuilding process easier to endure.

#JDI
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bowden adds (also via Twitter) that the Mariners' reasoning for being in these talks is to use their prospects to ensure that Upton lands with Texas, which will open the door for them to sign Josh Hamilton. The Mariners are reportedly in serious talks with Hamilton, who considers them his fallback should he not sign with Texas.

Quote:
Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio tweets that the Diamondbacks will not budge from their insistence that Andrus or Profar be included in a trade with the Rangers. As such, they're more likely to trade two young pitchers to the Indians to land Cabrera.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
ahoda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of Hamilton's demons and his daily fight, I don't think Seattle is a good place for him.

Seattle is ranked as the 6th highest city for depression which leads to drinking and drugs. I can't see this being a good deal for either team if he signs there. I hope I'm wrong and he succeeds though.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/02/0226_miserable_cities/21.htm
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Yes please.

Hamilton may be a frustrating player, but seeing some offense will make the last couple years of this rebuilding process easier to endure.

What's going to happen when Hamilton struggles badly there? This could end up backfiring by making Felix more determined to leave.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
With all of Hamilton's demons and his daily fight, I don't think Seattle is a good place for him.

Seattle is ranked as the 6th highest city for depression which leads to drinking and drugs. I can't see this being a good deal for either team if he signs there. I hope I'm wrong and he succeeds though.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/02/0226_miserable_cities/21.htm

As long as he's not a Supersonics fan, he's fine.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:
Yes please.

What's going to happen when Hamilton struggles badly there? This could end up backfiring by making Felix more determined to leave.

Why is he going to struggle badly?

He probably won't put up the same numbers he did in Texas, but he'll still be our best hitter. Either way the M's have a huge TV deal coming, so we won't be hamstrung if the deal goes bad.

Felix isn't determined to leave, so I don't know what you're talking about.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanks offer 12 million for 1 year to Youk

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jimcallisBA
#Astros take #RedSoxRHP Josh Fields w/No. 1 pick. Great chance to stick after AAA success. Plus fastball, hard curve. #Rule5

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jimcallisBA
At No. 2, #Cubs get #Indians RHP Hector Rondon. At No. 3, #Rockies get #Nationals LHP Danny Rosenbaum. #Rule5

#JDI
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins with #4 select Ryan Pressly, RHP, Boston Red Sox

Seems like a Twins type of guy, solid control, either middle relief or 4-5 starter, doesn't have overpowering stuff but doesn't walk a ton.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: