Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Trade and Free Agent Signings/Rumors Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Anyone seeing Theo Epstein handing out a ton of cash to get Zack Greinke this offseason?

no.

Double no.

He's pretty much already come out and said that the Cubs will be acquiring mid-tier talents to shorter deals. Apparently the #SuckforRodon movement is already in place.

Too bad we are a step ahead of ya. Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Anyone seeing Theo Epstein handing out a ton of cash to get Zack Greinke this offseason?

no.

Double no.

He's pretty much already come out and said that the Cubs will be acquiring mid-tier talents to shorter deals. Apparently the #SuckforRodon movement is already in place.

Sad Sad Sad Sad

I'm gonna need gallons of whiskey to get through the 2014 draft.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/8490251/josh-hamilton-waited-quit-chewing-tobacco

Team that signs him has to provide him with a bunch of logs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

no.

Double no.

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Yeah, wasn't it just a couple hundred thousand dollars difference between what the Brewers were offering and what Rodon was asking for? Ouch.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

no.

Double no.

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Yeah, wasn't it just a couple hundred thousand dollars difference between what the Brewers were offering and what Rodon was asking for? Ouch.
*drinks whiskey*

Okay, so what happened was this. The Brewers called Rodon in the 4th and asked if he would sign for 4th round slot money. Rodon said he was looking for more like $700k, and the Brewers said, "thanks but no thanks". Then, the Brewers picked him in the 14th with absolutely no prior call, and didn't call him afterwards.

This royally ticked off the Rodon family, who subsequently raised their asking price to $800k. The Brewers gave them a little ground, but I don't think they bid north of $600k or so. It likely didn't matter, they were so upset with how Milwaukee treated them on draft day I bet they wouldn't have signed for $1 M.

*drinks whiskey*
*sobs incoherently*

Title Town USA wrote:
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade for Kinsler and move Utley to 3B

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Okay, so what happened was this. The Brewers called Rodon in the 4th and asked if he would sign for 4th round slot money. Rodon said he was looking for more like $700k, and the Brewers said, "thanks but no thanks". Then, the Brewers picked him in the 14th with absolutely no prior call, and didn't call him afterwards.

This royally ticked off the Rodon family, who subsequently raised their asking price to $800k. The Brewers gave them a little ground, but I don't think they bid north of $600k or so. It likely didn't matter, they were so upset with how Milwaukee treated them on draft day I bet they wouldn't have signed for $1 M.

*drinks whiskey*
*sobs incoherently*
Crying or Very sad

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Hopefully the Braves let Bourn and McCann go. Trade for Denard Span(Julio Teheran), and sign a impact LF/3B. Hamilton maybe????

I'd like to keep Bourn, but not for what we'd have to pay; with his game, I don't think he'll continue his stellar play for more than a year or two and he's going to command 5 years and a boatload of cash. We already made a mistake by paying Uggla for 5 years. I don't want to do that with Bourn as well.

With Prado moving the 3B (I hope), I wouldn't mind a guy like Nick Swisher in LF. Don't know who we'd bring in to play CF though.

Pitching is solid, so we probably won't be in play for a big name like Greinke or Peavy, but it'd be nice if we could get one of them. Medlen, Minor, Hudson, Greinke/Peavy, Hanson (Beachy once he returns). *drool

It will be interesting to see where the Braves decide to put their newfound resources with Chipper's contract coming off the books and Liberty upping the payroll a bit (I think I remember hearing they'd increase it, even if only by a small amount).

I'm on the fence about Bourn. I LOVE his game, and I love what he brings defensively and to our lineup, but like everyone else, you wonder how long his speed is going to hold up, considering he's getting older. I wouldn't mind bringing him back if it's a reasonable deal.

I don't really see us going after any pitchers, tbh, mostly because I still feel like we have the depth with Teheran and Delgado and what not to be in good shape going forward. Obviously Jurrjens is gone. So the rotation for this year upcoming would look like: Medlen, Hudson, Minor, Maholm, Hanson, and then we have Teheran and Delgado and Beachy next year. Gotta wonder what the plan going forward with Hanson/Teheran/Delgado is, can't keep the latter two at AAA forever.

I definitely see Prado going to 3B, and my wish is that they'd give Heyward an opportunity in CF, 'cause I think he could play well there, but they've already said they won't because they love his arm and the way he plays RF. Would be kind of useless to move him to one position only to open up another hole in RF.

It's going to be a very interesting offseason. I'd like to see us bring back Ross and try to extend McCann while his value is lower. I think he was just injured all year and needs the offseason to get back into form.
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipperboy1 wrote:
fraziafraze07 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Hopefully the Braves let Bourn and McCann go. Trade for Denard Span(Julio Teheran), and sign a impact LF/3B. Hamilton maybe????

I'd like to keep Bourn, but not for what we'd have to pay; with his game, I don't think he'll continue his stellar play for more than a year or two and he's going to command 5 years and a boatload of cash. We already made a mistake by paying Uggla for 5 years. I don't want to do that with Bourn as well.

With Prado moving the 3B (I hope), I wouldn't mind a guy like Nick Swisher in LF. Don't know who we'd bring in to play CF though.

Pitching is solid, so we probably won't be in play for a big name like Greinke or Peavy, but it'd be nice if we could get one of them. Medlen, Minor, Hudson, Greinke/Peavy, Hanson (Beachy once he returns). *drool

It will be interesting to see where the Braves decide to put their newfound resources with Chipper's contract coming off the books and Liberty upping the payroll a bit (I think I remember hearing they'd increase it, even if only by a small amount).

I'm on the fence about Bourn. I LOVE his game, and I love what he brings defensively and to our lineup, but like everyone else, you wonder how long his speed is going to hold up, considering he's getting older. I wouldn't mind bringing him back if it's a reasonable deal.

I don't really see us going after any pitchers, tbh, mostly because I still feel like we have the depth with Teheran and Delgado and what not to be in good shape going forward. Obviously Jurrjens is gone. So the rotation for this year upcoming would look like: Medlen, Hudson, Minor, Maholm, Hanson, and then we have Teheran and Delgado and Beachy next year. Gotta wonder what the plan going forward with Hanson/Teheran/Delgado is, can't keep the latter two at AAA forever.

I definitely see Prado going to 3B, and my wish is that they'd give Heyward an opportunity in CF, 'cause I think he could play well there, but they've already said they won't because they love his arm and the way he plays RF. Would be kind of useless to move him to one position only to open up another hole in RF.

It's going to be a very interesting offseason. I'd like to see us bring back Ross and try to extend McCann while his value is lower. I think he was just injured all year and needs the offseason to get back into form.

Totally forgot about Malholm. We really don't need a pitcher, and since we don't have that much cash freed up, it'd be more worthwhile to focus on the lineup (unless they were to sign Peavy/Grienke and then trade the young guns for lineup help).

I agree with keeping Heyward in RF.

I just hope that they make at least one big splash rather than small moves to patch things up everywhere.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Tyler Skaggs will be moved for a SS but that team would also have to take on Chris Young's 8.5M salary next year.

Highly doubt they move Skaggs. Corbin if anything, his value is high

I hope you're right but Corbin, while pitched okay this year, won't fetch a top 5 SS. Skaggs, after dominating the PCL will get a great player in return at 3B or SS. Pairing him with Young may hurt his value a bit but it's the only way to get his 10M off the books. Upton, Montero & Cahill all jump in salary next year and Eaton is the CF of the future.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
chipperboy1 wrote:
fraziafraze07 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Totally forgot about Malholm. We really don't need a pitcher, and since we don't have that much cash freed up, it'd be more worthwhile to focus on the lineup (unless they were to sign Peavy/Grienke and then trade the young guns for lineup help).

I agree with keeping Heyward in RF.

I just hope that they make at least one big splash rather than small moves to patch things up everywhere.

CF:
Bourn-Would love to have him back, but he is turning 30 before next season, and his game both offensively and defensively are built on speed. I would not be comfortable giving him 5/75 or 6/90. Would love to go 3/50ish but Boras would never let him agree to it.
Solution-Trade Julio Teheran for Denard Span

3B:
Martin Prado takes over

LF:
You have Josh Hamilton and Nick Swisher who are looking for mega deals, and I would never go more than 3 years to either. I would offer Hamilton 3/90 and Swisher 3/50 but no more. If they say no, then you move on.
Solution-Sign Cody Ross(3/35)

C:
David Ross is a FA, and McCann is on his last option(13 mil). McCann has been awful,o and riddled by injuries since the All Star Break in 2011, and says he will need surgery this offseason and could be out 6-8 months. To me it's easy. Say no on the option to Mac. He isn't worth 13 mil, and probably will ask for Molina type money. Sign Ross to start 100 games, and have a second catcher to relieve him(probably from AAA). Hope Bethancourt develops in 2-3 years.
Realistic Solution-Pick up Mac's option, and hope he is healthy. If this happens, Ross is gone.

SP:
Medlen, Hanson, Minor, Delgado are all under contract. Beachy should be back by the break. Huddy and Maholm have options(9 and 6.5).
Solution-Pick up Huddy, but not Maholm. Medlen/Huddy/Hanson/Minor/Delgado with Beachy at midseason.

Batting Order:
1.Span-CF
2.Prado-3B
3.Heyward-RF
4.Freeman-1B
5.Ross-LF
6.McCann-C
7.Uggla-2B
8.Simmons-SS

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braves fans: Why are you so keen on trading Teheran for Span? Span is gonna be 29 at the start of next season. Is it just the money since he is under contract for the next two years at a reasonable amount?

Concerning the Tigers:

I don't think they will offer a contract to Delmon Young or offer arb to Brennan Boesch.

It seems unlikely that the Tigers are serious players for Anibal Sanchez. He will cost a lot and the Tigers will have arb coming up for Scherzer, Fister, and Porcello. If they do sign Sanchez they probably deal Porcello.

Victor will be back next year!!! I am pumped to see AJax-Dirks-Miggy-Prince-Victor. I doubt opposing pitchers will though:)

Jose Valverde is a free agent. I have no idea where this one goes. They might take a pass after a subpar season and the fact that Boras is his agent could mean it would cost more than the Tigers are willing to spend.

Jim Leyland will probably be re-signed. He is not retiring and Francona is not available so...Hey at least the players genuinely love him.

Jhhhonny Peralta's option will most assuredly be picked up.
chipperboy1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
Braves fans: Why are you so keen on trading Teheran for Span? Span is gonna be 29 at the start of next season. Is it just the money since he is under contract for the next two years at a reasonable amount?

Probably. But you'd have to ask him, as I don't think any of us others have gone anywhere close to that. I still believe in him as untouchable.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we'll lose BJ this offseason....Have there been any rumors surrounding the Rays in terms of trades at all? I'm not really expecting much since we don't really tend to spend money at all, but are there any low cost options that would be an improvement for us?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
My 2 cents? He's really struggled to get MLB and AAA hitters out who won't swing at a high fastball. His breaking ball has been declared suspect, and his prospect stock (while still quite high) is down.

Title Town USA wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

Jump to: