Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

finn54 delivers: PATRIOTS [3-2] AT SEATTLE [3-2]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
Patriots
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
Seahawks
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
I just love skittles (***only for finn54***)
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

finn54

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: finn54 delivers: PATRIOTS [3-2] AT SEATTLE [3-2] Reply with quote

Where: CenturyLink Field
When: Sunday Oct. 14th, 4:05pm EST
Televised by CBS [Coverage Map]

Last meeting: Week 14, 2008 NFL Season

With Matt Cassel at QB, the Patriots saw off the Seahawks 24-21. In his first game versus his former team, Deion Branch grabbed 4 catches for 88 yards with 2 touchdowns, including a long of 63. Seneca Wallace was extremely efficient on the day, completing 20 of 28 passes for 212 yards and 3 touchdowns, however it was not enough to beat New England, who sealed the game with a Brandon Meriweather strip-sack, recovered by Richard Seymour.

Injury Report:
TBA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it's late. I've been super busy this week (and still am).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the forum feel about changing SEA's record in the title to 2-3? Think

[joking, seahawks fans]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: finn54 delivers: PATRIOTS [3-2] AT SEATTLE [3-2] Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
however it was not enough to beat New England, who sealed the game with a Brandon Meriweather strip-sack, recovered by Richard Seymour.

The one time in Meriweather's career he looked like the player he could supposedly become.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Still not as ugly as their uniforms.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 defense vs #1 offense.

I like our chances. Just get Irvin on the field and Red off and then no huddle into run plays at Irvin until we score a TD. Another thing is the Seahawks weakness has been their LBs and covering the middle of the field. I'm not too worried about our offense.

Defense has to hold them under 17 points. Anything more and that will be a major disappointment.

27-17, Patriots.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The O-line has to hold up - we must avoid turnovers and have them play on a shortened field. It's imperitive we force Wilson to beat us from deep.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does "game sealed by Meriweather strip sack" make anyone else giggle?

ELRammy
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Does "game sealed by Meriweather strip sack" make anyone else giggle?

Laughing Nice.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
#1 defense vs #1 offense.

A lot has been made about this but it is the reverse matchup that will decide this game. I think you guys will come away rather impressed with the Seattle defense and it is not going to be a high scoring game, but your D should be able to take away the ground game pretty well and force the game onto the arm of Russell Wilson.

I have picked Seattle in the AZ forum pick'em for the bonus point an upset would give me, expectations would be a NE win 21-13.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with khodder: It's the SEA O vs NE D matchup that will determine the game. I trust the Hawks D to be able to minimise the points scored by NE; we just need to be able to match that.

The good thing is that Russell Wilson showed some development (on the road) last week. This week he will be at home. James Carpenter is looking good at LG, and the only issue is Breno at RT (who did play better after he was benched for his two stupid penalties). Hopefully Russell is able to find Doug Baldwin and Zach Miller across the middle again. That should open things up on the outside for Sidney Rice and Golden Tate. Hopefully we run some screens to Tate again, because he can make a first down out of them.

Russell Okung has been shutdown for the past couple of weeks. I don't expect Chandler Jones to do much against him, especially when Okung plays best against lineman of Chandler Jones' build.

I'm also hoping that Bobby Wagner improves more this game. If Irvin is kept on the field, I hope that he is able to cover the blindside, with KJ coming up on outside containment. (He has been a beast against the run this year)
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I'm with khodder: It's the SEA O vs NE D matchup that will determine the game. I trust the Hawks D to be able to minimise the points scored by NE; we just need to be able to match that.

The good thing is that Russell Wilson showed some development (on the road) last week. This week he will be at home. James Carpenter is looking good at LG, and the only issue is Breno at RT (who did play better after he was benched for his two stupid penalties). Hopefully Russell is able to find Doug Baldwin and Zach Miller across the middle again. That should open things up on the outside for Sidney Rice and Golden Tate. Hopefully we run some screens to Tate again, because he can make a first down out of them.

Russell Okung has been shutdown for the past couple of weeks. I don't expect Chandler Jones to do much against him, especially when Okung plays best against lineman of Chandler Jones' build.

I'm also hoping that Bobby Wagner improves more this game. If Irvin is kept on the field, I hope that he is able to cover the blindside, with KJ coming up on outside containment. (He has been a beast against the run this year)

Apart from the 5,000 false starts....

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plz. Percy Harvin himself could not stop Chandler Jones.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Apart from the 5,000 false starts....

Not in the past couple of weeks. And in hindsight, it looks like his knee injury played a part in the false starts. His knee is fine now, and his false starts have decreased/gone with it.

And Okung shut down Clay Matthews and Demarcus Ware. Two guys who I consider to be better than Chandler Jones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58

Jump to: