Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

finn54 delivers: PATRIOTS [3-2] AT SEATTLE [3-2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
Patriots
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
Seahawks
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
I just love skittles (***only for finn54***)
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't doubt that Tom Brady would have picked Sherman and Thomas out before the game, and I also have no reason to believe that Sherman is outright lying.

Nonetheless what happened on the field, should have stayed on the field. I'm a'ok with the trash talk, not so much on the twitter crap.

And at CB, I don't mind a cocky athlete. I believe that you need to be cocky to succeed. But as I said, I'm not big on the twitter crap. And this is his first twitter incident so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I can't doubt that Tom Brady would have picked Sherman and Thomas out before the game, and I also have no reason to believe that Sherman is outright lying.

Nonetheless what happened on the field, should have stayed on the field. I'm a'ok with the trash talk, not so much on the twitter crap.

And at CB, I don't mind a cocky athlete. I believe that you need to be cocky to succeed. But as I said, I'm not big on the twitter crap. And this is his first twitter incident so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I completely agree an athlete needs to have confidence and that little bit of cockiness to be able to go out and perform at such a high level every week....

But what my and most peoples' biggest problem was with him going on twitter afterwards.

It was like he had never won a football game before...and he just seemed classless and like a thug.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I completely agree an athlete needs to have confidence and that little bit of cockiness to be able to go out and perform at such a high level every week....

But what my and most peoples' biggest problem was with him going on twitter afterwards.

It was like he had never won a football game before...and he just seemed classless and like a thug.

I don't blame him, he felt he and his team were disrespected. I know he's a "professional", but that's how a lot of guys are going to act after being disrespected.

Oh well. I'm sure it's a lot like Cortland Finnegan. Love him when he's on your team but hate him when he's not. I still love D!ck with all my heart.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the twitter part. I just think he took it too far seeking Brady out after the game.

ELRammy
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I don't blame him, he felt he and his team were disrespected. I know he's a "professional", but that's how a lot of guys are going to act after being disrespected.

Oh well. I'm sure it's a lot like Cortland Finnegan. Love him when he's on your team but hate him when he's not. I still love D!ck with all my heart.

I never said he was actually a bad person...I'm just saying he looked like one after his little twitter rant.

I can honestly say I have no idea what type of person he really is, never met him....so I won't pretend to know.

I was just saying that the perception he was putting off when he did that.

And yes, he's a great player....I would do anything to have him in our secondary Crying or Very sad

Laughing

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd probably look like crap in our secondary

ELRammy
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
He'd probably look like crap in our secondary

McCourty would teach him the sacred art of not turning to face the ball while defending down field Laughing

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Maybe Ty Law could rip him apart like he does the rest of our secondary, too

ELRammy
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Yeah. Maybe Ty Law could rip him apart like he does the rest of our secondary, too

I'd do so many illegal inhumane things to have Ty Law and Rodney Harrison (My favorite patriot ever) back.

So sad... Crying or Very sad

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodney, yes. Law can eat a butt. Hell, I'd have the Celtics miss the playoffs (just kidding) for a safety half the caliber of Rodney was during the twilight years of his career

ELRammy
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't get it. There are awful corners all around the NFL who seem to have better positioning than 80 percent of our secondary. I feel like our safeties are ALWAYS out of position. Is that really on their physical ability or football IQ or on the scheme or coaching?

ELRammy
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
Rodney, yes. Law can eat a butt. Hell, I'd have the Celtics miss the playoffs (just kidding) for a safety half the caliber of Rodney was during the twilight years of his career

I just miss how he literally made receivers scared to catch balls over the middle...he was as vicious a player as they come, but just also had the talent to match it.

Could you imagine how much he'd pay in fines each week if he was still playing today???

Laughing

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, watching Harrison play now compared to not only the Patriots safeties but the safety play across the league would be really eye opening.

ELRammy
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
I really don't get it. There are awful corners all around the NFL who seem to have better positioning than 80 percent of our secondary. I feel like our safeties are ALWAYS out of position. Is that really on their physical ability or football IQ or on the scheme or coaching?

They are professional athletes....to simply make it to the big show means their physical abilities are just fine.

I think it's a mix of terrible football IQ, and a coaching staff that is too inept to fix the problems.

I don't get it...they keep getting beat because they are doing the things you learn NOT TO DO in safety 101 during pop warner...that is definitely proof that it is on the coaches, at least in part.

Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I have a hard time believing, though. Belichick is obviously seeing the games and the awful play at the back end of the secondary so if it's on the coaching, why isn't he fixing it? That's why I have a hard time throwing it on the coaching because I find it hard to believe Belichick could do any wrong

ELRammy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 56 of 58

Jump to: