Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

finn54 delivers: PATRIOTS [3-2] AT SEATTLE [3-2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
Patriots
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
Seahawks
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
I just love skittles (***only for finn54***)
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
That's what I have a hard time believing, though. Belichick is obviously seeing the games and the awful play at the back end of the secondary so if it's on the coaching, why isn't he fixing it? That's why I have a hard time throwing it on the coaching because I find it hard to believe Belichick could do any wrong

That's where I'm torn....I want to have full trust in Belichick...

But why do we keep seeing the same guys out there? I understand we are getting a bit thin, and that the only replacements we have are rookies, but why not at least try something knew?

I honestly am completely lost with the situation...I really have no idea what the exact problem is with our secondary (other than the fact that they suck), and more importantly, its obvious BB can't seem to figure out how to fix it...which is truly scary.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I can't doubt that Tom Brady would have picked Sherman and Thomas out before the game, and I also have no reason to believe that Sherman is outright lying.

Nonetheless what happened on the field, should have stayed on the field. I'm a'ok with the trash talk, not so much on the twitter crap.

And at CB, I don't mind a cocky athlete. I believe that you need to be cocky to succeed. But as I said, I'm not big on the twitter crap. And this is his first twitter incident so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

He's now changed his story to him challenging Brady to throw to in his direction throughout the game and Brady gave him 'a look' which somehow communicated 'I'll see you after the game'. Nice stuff. And here's the stuff about Brady 'wanting fans to boo their own team'...

Quote:
“It’s always nice when you take 53 guys on the road and you say, ‘This is all we’ve got and this is all we need and this is what we have to do,’” he said. “And see 70,000 fans, if you can keep them quiet or turn them on their own team. I think that’s an exciting part for road teams.”

He's a monster.
subherbanite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:
That's what I have a hard time believing, though. Belichick is obviously seeing the games and the awful play at the back end of the secondary so if it's on the coaching, why isn't he fixing it? That's why I have a hard time throwing it on the coaching because I find it hard to believe Belichick could do any wrong

But why do we keep seeing the same guys out there? I understand we are getting a bit thin, and that the only replacements we have are rookies, but why not at least try something knew?

I honestly am completely lost with the situation...I really have no idea what the exact problem is with our secondary (other than the fact that they suck), and more importantly, its obvious BB can't seem to figure out how to fix it...which is truly scary.

This is all that matters. Something has got to change and change quickly. I have ZERO faith in this team late in a tight game. If the other team doesn't shoot themselves in the foot then we won't do much to win a game. I honestly can't remember the last game that this team "WON" when things got tight.

We've blown 3 games this year by not making a play to put a game away. We didn't put the Giants away(again) last year and thank goodness for Cundiff's blown kick. This team needs to grow a pair.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subherbanite wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Troy Brown wrote:

This is all that matters. Something has got to change and change quickly. I have ZERO faith in this team late in a tight game. If the other team doesn't shoot themselves in the foot then we won't do much to win a game. I honestly can't remember the last game that this team "WON" when things got tight.

We've blown 3 games this year by not making a play to put a game away. We didn't put the Giants away(again) last year and thank goodness for Cundiff's blown kick. This team needs to grow a pair.

Last year against Dallas is the only really close game I can remember the Pats actually winning by making the plays they had to to win it.

The Ravens should have had the tie in the AFCCG, though I still give credit to what Sterling Moore did to knock the ball out of Lee Evans' hands when he nearly caught the GW TD.

Other than that...umm...can't remember.
pats83

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's funny that some fans don't get exactly what most of us are saying about yesterday's game;

Patriots Offense > Seattle D > Seattle Offense > Division 3 Defense > PatriotsDefense.

We just happened to have the latter group on the field too much in the second half.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pats83 wrote:
I think it's funny that some fans don't get exactly what most of us are saying about yesterday's game;

Patriots Offense > Seattle D > Seattle Offense > Division 3 Defense > PatriotsDefense.

We just happened to have the latter group on the field too much in the second half.

Pee ball defense>our lovely secondary.
subherbanite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pats83 wrote:

Then the Patriots Offense better keep their foot on the gas for 60 minutes. They(Tom Brady) left 6+pts on the field and this defense needs all the help it can get.

Last edited by subherbanite on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dieon Branch. Not sure why he is on the roster.

Offers absolute nothing. Doesn't play ST either.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, look on the bright side.

The defense did well against Marshawn Lynch for the most part.
jbwallace23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys like Wilson should not be able to just chuck it and have me or all of us scared at each opportunity. Guy is what 5'1!" and our secondary never turns around to at least make it look like they care about the ball in the air and the danger of it always flying into the WR's hands. No matter who is at QB...if it is a 1 TD game or so with a few mins I am not confident anymore...and that totally falls on the awful play at CB/S and the coaching into those spots this season and last.

Also was discouraging not to see our running game get even a third of what we were averaging. I feel with that and our short passes we could have limited thier defense but that front 4 made it really tough for Brady and Co. Gotta let out all the pent up frustration against a confident seeming Jets team next week. I really did not se eus losing to ARI and SEA...

Jesse

Props to MoJo122-b-21

The last two times Bill Belichick and Jeff Fisher have met, Belichick's teams have outscored Fisher's 104-7...Jeffrey, Bill is your Achilles Heel.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbwallace23 wrote:
Guys like Wilson should not be able to just chuck it and have me or all of us scared at each opportunity. Guy is what 5'1!" and our secondary never turns around to at least make it look like they care about the ball in the air and the danger of it always flying into the WR's hands. No matter who is at QB...if it is a 1 TD game or so with a few mins I am not confident anymore...and that totally falls on the awful play at CB/S and the coaching into those spots this season and last.

Also was discouraging not to see our running game get even a third of what we were averaging. I feel with that and our short passes we could have limited thier defense but that front 4 made it really tough for Brady and Co. Gotta let out all the pent up frustration against a confident seeming Jets team next week. I really did not se eus losing to ARI and SEA...

Jesse

Good thing we don't play the Eagles, cause I think the Pats are terrified of the avian flu.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.
jbwallace23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
jbwallace23 wrote:

Jesse

Good thing we don't play the Eagles, cause I think the Pats are terrified of the avian flu.

Is it going to be okay if I didn't get that?

Jesse

Props to MoJo122-b-21

The last two times Bill Belichick and Jeff Fisher have met, Belichick's teams have outscored Fisher's 104-7...Jeffrey, Bill is your Achilles Heel.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbwallace23 wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:
jbwallace23 wrote:

Jesse

Is it going to be okay if I didn't get that?

Jesse

Yes. It was a terrible joke. I'm exhausted but overly happy right now, so it's been an...odd...day.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTPatsFan wrote:
Well, look on the bright side.

The defense did well against Marshawn Lynch for the most part.

This is defense is actually very good against the run. Nevertheless, it is so bad against the pass right now, that team are not required to run.
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Dieon Branch. Not sure why he is on the roster.

Offers absolute nothing. Doesn't play ST either.

I like branch but he's cooked. Would've liked to see Gaffney back instead, but he was still hurt. Hopefully Salas gets an opportunity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 57 of 58

Jump to: