Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

finn54 delivers: PATRIOTS [3-2] AT SEATTLE [3-2]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Will Win?
Patriots
50%
 50%  [ 18 ]
Seahawks
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
I just love skittles (***only for finn54***)
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 36

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:
Well, look on the bright side.

The defense did well against Marshawn Lynch for the most part.

This is defense is actually very good against the run. Nevertheless, it is so bad against the pass right now, that team are not required to run.

That's the most heinous part. we made them one-dimensional. We held one of the top RB's in the NFL to 2.7 ypc. That's having an offense right where you want them. How on earth can you defend the pass so badly in that situation?

I hope this Sunday was a "last straw" of sorts - whatever is out there on passing downs is not working. Get Dowling out there. He can't possibly be worse than the guys who are, and at least he offers the upside of competent play.

I would also consider playing McCourty temporarily at safety. I know he's individually our best cornerback right now, but perhaps the secondary as a whole would benefit from Dennard-Gregory-McCourty-Dowling rather than having McCourty at corner and no safety help worth the name. I really think McCourty would be our best safety in coverage if he played there.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
VTPatsFan wrote:
Well, look on the bright side.

The defense did well against Marshawn Lynch for the most part.

This is defense is actually very good against the run. Nevertheless, it is so bad against the pass right now, that team are not required to run.

That's the most heinous part. we made them one-dimensional. We held one of the top RB's in the NFL to 2.7 ypc. That's having an offense right where you want them. How on earth can you defend the pass so badly in that situation?

Depressing isn't it? We had them where we wanted them - we knew they'd have to take shots.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it more like Dennard-McCourty-Chung-Dowling, with McCourty at FS, and interchangeable with Dowling.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad part is that we all know the BB won't change a damned thing.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
Sad part is that we all know the BB won't change a damned thing.

What can he change?

At the end of the day the team is a piece away on the D-line (either under tackle or complementary pass rusher to Jones), several pieces away in the secondary, and seems to lack the organizational capability to best utilize the talent it has.

Its hard to see a "quick fix" right now. I'm 100% behind reconfiguring the secondary but that's no guarantee.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Dalton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one, Arrington needs to never see the football field again. How much do you want to bet he does next week?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
For one, Arrington needs to never see the football field again. How much do you want to bet he does next week?

Of course he's going to see the football field again. Belichick isn't as irrational as you seem to be.

Should other guys be given chances to take those reps? Yes.

Your assertion that BB benching a player for poor performance would be crazy ("Sad part is that we all know the BB won't change a damned thing") is just flat out stupid. It has been less than a year since we saw Sterling Moore cut after a failed performance at safety. We saw Philip Adams cut after struggling at CB. We saw Molden get a shot. Nate Jones was given a shot. Matt Slater and Julian Edelman were mixed and matched. McCourty was swapped to FS from CB.

Right now, I'm as frustrated (or more so) than many here with the continued disaster in the secondary. To assume that nothing will be done with regards to playing time is woefully misguided and ignorant at best.

Arrington has struggled badly at times this year, but the safety play has let him down and the guy below him on the depth chart (Sterling Moore) has been even worse. Yes, Dowling should get more of a shot but that he isn't tells me that something is going on that we don't know about (not healthy, not practicing well, whatever the case is). Yes, Dennard should get more of a shot - but he DID yesterday when Arrington was benched.

I don't know what magic wand you think Belichick has. This team uses 3 (and 4) CB packages a good amount of time. One of the CB's is absolutely worse than Arrington (Moore) and one is a special teams only guy (Cole). That leaves you with 4 CB's. Now, Dowling isn't really a great inside CB lining up on slot receivers and for reasons unknown isn't trusted right now. McCourty isn't going to kick inside. See the issue here?

I know it's a given around these parts that Ras-I Dowling is a future All Pro, but for some reason he isn't being used. I'm going to trust that Belichick has a good reason for not using Dowling outside opposite McCourty. So that leaves one of Dennard/Arrington/Moore outside and one inside.

What's your reasoning for the Pats using Arrington so much if Dowling is able to contribute? Is Belichick just stupid? Has he lost his ability to coach? We know it's not that he's afraid to mix things up with his personnel when he sees guys fail miserably. I just don't follow your argument. You think Belichick likes losing games and having an awful secondary?

As bad as Arrington and Moore have been, they're still seeing time ahead of Dowling (Dennard is getting more time, which is good). That tells me something about Dowling and what it tells me is not that Belichick is afraid or unwilling to swap out Arrington.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was speculating that Dowling and Vereen are going through the "toughness" thing that Cunningham went through last year. Don't know why, but for some reason the dedication may not be there at the moment?

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58
Page 58 of 58

Jump to: