Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pay the Man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we give him a multi year deal?
No, he's going to slow down soon.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Yes, 2 years this offseason is what he deserves.
50%
 50%  [ 10 ]
Yes, 3 years this offseason is what he deserves.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Yes, 4 or more years this offseason is what he deserves.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

tonyto3690

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Pay the Man Reply with quote

Despite having essentially two bye weeks to start the season, he is on pace for the following statline...

128 REC, 1659 Yards, 13.0 YPC, 5 TD

The guy is a beast who keeps moving the chains for us and has been the focal point for our offense all season with Hernandez and Gronkowski both banged up.

He takes monster hits at times and just pops up and continues to play through the game. Guy is a warrior that can be counted on and I think we all take for granted how much he does for us. Edelman and others might be able to give us production, but Welker gives us a weapon.

The offense this year without him would be a complete wreck, but instead we're the clear #1 offense in the NFL, largely because of him. Always a willing blocker, always there for the clutch 1st down conversion, always there to help churn out the clock (when given the ball). We can not afford to let him walk.

I don't suggest paying him a five year deal or anything, but he deserves a 2 or 3 year deal in my opinion. We know he will continue to work his butt off and earn every penny.

Pay the man.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'm inclined to agree simply because there's nobody else on the roster who's proven capable of doing what he does with the same consistency. Edelman just isn't a 1:1 replacement.Herney isn't as reliable and is somewhat injury-prone, and we've all seen what a disaster it's been when this team has tried to develop rookie wrs in recent years. So yeah. Pay the man.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
subherbanite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay him, I don't know what we'd look like without him. Seeing as how we can't stop anyone when we need to keep every weapon we have.

Last edited by subherbanite on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
NewNutz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my head bitten off in this forum during the off season for saying that welker is worth every penny he asks for. People here kept saying that edelman would step right in without a hitch. Well i said then that edelman can't hold welkers jock as a slot receiver and i stand by my comments
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless they've got their eye on a premier defensive talent, letting Welker walk would be idiotic at this point.

I don't think it's necessarily a good investment, based on health factors, but they have to re-sign him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: