Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE Mark Anderson Will Miss "Significant Time"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: DE Mark Anderson Will Miss "Significant Time" Reply with quote

Quote:
General manager Buddy Nix said Wednesday that defensive end Mark Anderson will miss “significant time,” with a knee injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/10/mark-anderson-to-miss-significant-time-with-knee-injury/

This doesnt look good, we only have 3 healthy DEs on the roster in AZ, M. Williams, Kelsay, and Kyle Moore. We also have only 3 healthy DTs as well, K. Williams, Dareus, and Carrington. I guess Moats could slide into DE on 3rd downs to spell a guy if he is tired. But maybe we could make another roster move with Spencer Johnson not making the drip to the left coast because of an ankle injury.

We do have Jarron Gilbert on the PS who could play both DE and DT (6'5" 290).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say get Gilbert up, we are looking awfully slim on that line over last 2 games..
swolfdab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a perfect opportunity to move Mario back to the right side. Then you can fit Moats or Carrington in on the left side. And start Bradham in the empty LB spot for Moats.

This could be a blessing in disguise for Buffalo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
This would be a perfect opportunity to move Mario back to the right side. Then you can fit Moats or Carrington in on the left side. And start Bradham in the empty LB spot for Moats.

Carrington makes sense and I would support that move, but not Moats! I'd seriously run the ball at him every single play until he was benched! A 6'2" 250# LE going up against a typical 6'6" 320# RT is going to have a very long day!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

Carrington makes sense and I would support that move, but not Moats! I'd seriously run the ball at him every single play until he was benched! A 6'2" 250# LE going up against a typical 6'6" 320# RT is going to have a very long day!
Thats why Kelsay would start at LE, and Moats would come in on ovbious passing situations. Like he did in previous years. Moats has one helluva pass rush.

(P.s. This is post #5555)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

I like Moats as a pass rusher. I think he would thrive if he took a healthy number of snaps at end. I do think it's going to be a mixture of Carrington/Moats/Kelsay, but all in all, I would love to see Moats take about 75% of the snaps there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

I like Moats as a pass rusher. I think he would thrive if he took a healthy number of snaps at end. I do think it's going to be a mixture of Carrington/Moats/Kelsay, but all in all, I would love to see Moats take about 75% of the snaps there.
No way can Moats play 75% of the plays there ... He isnt good against the run as a DE, he would get swollowed by an RT. If he does play as a DE it should be on ovbious passing situations.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/mario-williams-finally-lands-on-injury-report/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/mario-williams-finally-lands-on-injury-report/
Mehh he's had that injury the whole regular season. The only reason he is on the injury report, is because the NFL was investigating his injury and why he wasnt on the injury report at all this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: