Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Someone in my league dropped Torrey Smith and Michael Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Someone in my league dropped Torrey Smith and Michael Bush Reply with quote

I'm sitting at ww2 so I could snag one of these guys. Just not sure who to drop. My current WR's are Bowe, Harvin, Wallace, Garcon, Britt, L. Moore. RB's are Lynch, Forte, A. Morris, and W. McGahee.

Got a waiver in for Smith right now dropping Garcon. Are any of those WR's worth dropping for Bush? There's really no one else on my roster I can drop or who would be worth dropping.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, but given your receiver corps it might make sense to add Bush over Smith.
It depends on what you start.

If you start only 2 RB, 2 WR then Smith is a 4th receiver and would never play except in case of injury.
Even then, you could get by with Britt or Moore for a short spell.

Lynch and Morris have been your two best at RB. Accounting for byes you have either Forte of McGahee.
Again, it comes down to injury, not only yours, but around the league.
If Forte goes down Bush will see a lot of action.
If another back in the league goes down someone might want to add a guy like Bush, Forte or McGahee and you would have some flexibility.

I've always found it easier to add receiver through trade as the season goes on.
They all have down weeks. Owners get discouraged.
You package a decent WR with a decent RB and BOOM you get a stud coming off a couple of bad games.
It is a good way to front-load your roster for the playoffs.
Pool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want Smith, just doubt I will get him as I think the guy with the 1st ww priority will get him. On the fence about Bush though. Thanks for the input!
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:
I definitely want Smith, just doubt I will get him as I think the guy with the 1st ww priority will get him. On the fence about Bush though. Thanks for the input!

Sometimes the guy you didn't want as much is the better move.
Best of luck.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone in my league dropped Torrey Smith and Michael Bu Reply with quote

Pool wrote:
I'm sitting at ww2 so I could snag one of these guys. Just not sure who to drop. My current WR's are Bowe, Harvin, Wallace, Garcon, Britt, L. Moore. RB's are Lynch, Forte, A. Morris, and W. McGahee.

Got a waiver in for Smith right now dropping Garcon. Are any of those WR's worth dropping for Bush? There's really no one else on my roster I can drop or who would be worth dropping.

Torrey Smith. Easy. He would be your best receiver. Michael Bush would be your worst running back.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
Pool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
Pool wrote:

Best of luck.

I'm putting in waivers for both players right now. Who should I drop? I'm leaning towards Garcon/Moore.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:
babyatemydingo wrote:
Pool wrote:

Best of luck.

I'm putting in waivers for both players right now. Who should I drop? I'm leaning towards Garcon/Moore.

Moore for smith--dont get bush.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
lilant2398

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone in my league dropped Torrey Smith and Michael Bu Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Pool wrote:

Torrey Smith. Easy. He would be your best receiver. Michael Bush would be your worst running back.

smith better than bowe and harvin? nah
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Someone in my league dropped Torrey Smith and Michael Bu Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Pool wrote:

Smh.

I'd go:
Waiver Request #1: Bush for Garcon
Waiver REquest #2: Moore for Smith

Smith and moore are both generally very boom bust players from week to week. The difference is that Smith fights with Bolden for catches and Moore fights with Colston and Jimmy Graham for catches.

I like Bush for you more as insurance for Forte than as a regular starter.

The only exception to this is if your league is a set 3WR/2RB league with no flex. Then I would do Garcon/Smith and Moore/Bush because a high upside #4 WR would be more important than your 3RBs insurance.

Help me out:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=501772

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no one grabbed either of them so I ended up with them both. Dropped Moore for Smith and Garcon for Bush. What do you all think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: