Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst Starting QB From Each Division
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahobofest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
I know Griffin is a rookie but he and Romo are becoming very debatable. Laughing

Shows how much you watch Cowboy games Rolling Eyes
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Starting QB From Each Division Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
khodder wrote:
Right now I would take Kolb over both Bradford and Wilson in the West. I meam Kolb is completing 60% of his passes, has 7 TD's to just 2 INT's and a QBR of 89.7
Kind of surprised you would take him over Bradford. Wasn't everyone complaining last thursday that Kolb always holds onto the ball too long?

Not that I heard, the complaints were three fold, we were giving our QB no time ans as a result our passing plays had no time to develop. The terrible playcalling kept leaving our offensive tackles on islands against two very good pass rushers and finally, when we did have time there were throws that Kevin missed that would have been huge for the offense.

He can tend to hold onto the ball at times, but I would rather a sack for a loss of 5-10 than an INT.

With Bradford you have a guy that has never produced a QBR north of 80 for a single season. Kolb over the last two seasons has produced better completion percentages, better TD% and better TD%-INT%, better YPA and better QBR.

You give Kevin time he can make the big throws the issue with this team right now is giving him that time. Bradford is on the bullet train to Bustsville at the moment.

Spare me the stats, Kolb has a guy named Fitzgerald. Kolb was atrocious in the Rams game. He missed multiple TDs. I'm not saying Bradford is the best QB in the NFL but if that's what I can expect from Kolb, give me Bradford.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Oh Khiddd. You give Sam those weapons and he'll produce
light years ahead... Time??? Sam.Bradford has been one
of the most sacked QB in the League. Kold is a horrible
QB. A dink and dunker with no downfield accuracy.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Sam Bradford has one of (if not THE) lowest YPA in the entire league. Kolb has had a higher YPA than Bradford each year that Bradford has been in the league.

To be honest, they are hard to differentiate at this point which isn't a glowing recommendation of Bradford.

QBs don't get 5+ years with the perfect supporting cast to prove themselves. Bradford has yet to prove that he can elevate the play of those around him and frankly I am not sure that he ever will.

I would probably take Kolb too but I would be very uneasy with either as my starting QB. They would both make great backups in the league though.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Sam Bradford has one of (if not THE) lowest YPA in the entire league. Kolb has had a higher YPA than Bradford each year that Bradford has been in the league.

To be honest, they are hard to differentiate at this point which isn't a glowing recommendation of Bradford.

QBs don't get 5+ years with the perfect supporting cast to prove themselves. Bradford has yet to prove that he can elevate the play of those around him and frankly I am not sure that he ever will.

I would probably take Kolb too but I would be very uneasy with either as my starting QB. They would both make great backups in the league though.

Remind me what Eli did his first few years in the league.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Hammertime52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC
EAST: Vick
SOUTH: Freeman
WEST: Wilson
NORTH: Cutler/Ponder

AFC
SOUTH: Hasselbeck
EAST: Fitzpatrick
WEST: Cassell
NORTH: Weeden

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spare me the stats, Kolb has a guy named Fitzgerald. Kolb was atrocious in the Rams game. He missed multiple TDs. I'm not saying Bradford is the best QB in the NFL but if that's what I can expect from Kolb, give me Bradford.

So judge a guy by his worst game of the season and in a game he was sacked 9 times.

7-21 jeez I hope I never have to see my QB complete 33% of his passes in a game.

See how it works, picking out a poor game and zeroing in on it does not work.

How about noting Kolb's 17-24, 222 yards, 2 TD 0 INT performance against the Eagles. How about noting his play in the game tying drive in the fourth quarter vs the Dolphins. What about his 6/8 performance on a game winning drive vs Seattle.

He may have missed a few throws last Thursday, but at least he did not turn the ball over. And the fact that he was on his back two seconds after the snap a fair few times makes it that much harder to play well.

Right now, if I was given a choice of Kevin Kolb or Sam Bradford to start in Arizona, I take Kolb every time.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Playoffs in his second year in the league. 24 TDs - 17 INTs. 4 straight playoffs births from 2005-2008. 20+ TD passes in every year since his rookie year.

I understand that you are saying that it is still possible for Bradford to turn it around but upto now I would say Bradford has had more bad games than good.

How long does Bradford get? When is it time to start saying that maybe he isn't franchise QB material?

This is why i loved the rookie wage scale. Bradford's enormous contract puts alot more pressure on him to perform.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Quote:

So judge a guy by his worst game of the season and in a game he was sacked 9 times.

7-21 jeez I hope I never have to see my QB complete 33% of his passes in a game.

See how it works, picking out a poor game and zeroing in on it does not work.

How about noting Kolb's 17-24, 222 yards, 2 TD 0 INT performance against the Eagles. How about noting his play in the game tying drive in the fourth quarter vs the Dolphins. What about his 6/8 performance on a game winning drive vs Seattle.

He may have missed a few throws last Thursday, but at least he did not turn the ball over. And the fact that he was on his back two seconds after the snap a fair few times makes it that much harder to play well.

Right now, if I was given a choice of Kevin Kolb or Sam Bradford to start in Arizona, I take Kolb every time.

You do that. I'd, at least, take a chance on a TALENTED overpaid QB.

As for the bold, I could counter that with Bradford performances but really not worth the time.

LikesHAM wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
LikesHAM wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Playoffs in his second year in the league. 24 TDs - 17 INTs. 4 straight playoffs births from 2005-2008. 20+ TD passes in every year since his rookie year.

I understand that you are saying that it is still possible for Bradford to turn it around but upto now I would say Bradford has had more bad games than good.

How long does Bradford get? When is it time to start saying that maybe he isn't franchise QB material?

This is why i loved the rookie wage scale. Bradford's enormous contract puts alot more pressure on him to perform.

How long did Eli get? He was a below average to average QB for what...his first 4 or 5 years with far more talented than Bradford has played with.

I can't wait for Bradford to prove all his doubters wrong. NFL personnel men and coaches see it, not shocking though that box score watchers don't.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

As for the bold, I could counter that with Bradford performances but really not worth the time.

OK then, He had a huge statistical game vs Washington, he bought his team back from a 21-6 defecit., but since then;

41/86, 47.67% completions, 514 yards, 5.98 YPA, 2 TD's, 4 INT's.

Not saying Kolb is a world beater at all, but at what stage do you say, OK, are we going to get any more out of Bradford, at what stage do you say, are we going to get consistency out of Bradford.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

OK then, He had a huge statistical game vs Washington, he bought his team back from a 21-6 defecit., but since then;

41/86, 47.67% completions, 514 yards, 5.98 YPA, 2 TD's, 4 INT's.

Not saying Kolb is a world beater at all, but at what stage do you say, OK, are we going to get any more out of Bradford, at what stage do you say, are we going to get consistency out of Bradford.

In those 3 games, he faced defenses that rank #2, #3 and #5 in PPG.

So you want to remove his dominant game against a bad defense and only look at his stats against elite defenses? How is that fair?

Bradford has one of the least talented offenses in the league around him and you expect him to look great against elite defenses? And the funny thing is that if you remove the Bears game, while his stats aren't good, they aren't horrendous either.

He's not a great QB...yet. But he definitely can be and he's improving every week in a new system. I believe in him. Watching him this year has made me believe in the guy after I started to really doubt him after last year. It seems every week, I find some flaw to critique in his game and the next week, he comes out and shows noticeable improvement in that. Started with his pocket presence then his willingness to scramble then him holding the ball too long then him looking off coverage, etc. and every week, he's shown improvement. It's only a matter of time. I know what I'm looking at. I'm quite good at noticing the small things and Bradford is starting to really show up in that category which has been a major problem for him in the past in the NFL.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7nS3noty3o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LGX3plK-n4&feature=relmfu

I Kolb has a buffet of talent that we wish we had..
Minus the RB situation and Slot.. Kolb has more talent to work with.
Same with Wilson.. But things will change soon.. 4 first in the next 2 years. Things are looking up..

Andre Roberts becomes our best WR if he were here.

"Hot Pie" -House Hot Pie, All hail the King.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Starting QB From Each Division Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
Just wanted to see who you guys thought was the worst QB from each division. Here are my thoughts.

-AFC-
EAST: Mark Sanchez
WEST: Matt Cassell
NORTH: Brandon Weeden
SOUTH: Blaine Gabbert

-NFC-
EAST: Robert Griffin III
WEST: Russell Wilson
NORTH: Christian Ponder
SOUTH: Josh Freeman

I hardly think the QB with the highest QB rating in the division is the worst.

The sucks bowl is definitely between Vick vs Romo both have been horrible. I actually think romo isnt too bad his team hasnt helped him. Vick on the other hand has been the liability on his team. Hes soon to be bench by a rookie if he doesnt get his act straight.
mozwanted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

Same with Wilson.. But things will change soon.. 4 first in the next 2 years. Things are looking up..

Cards also have the worst oline in nfl. Bradford in that oline would look even worse.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Cards also have the worst oline in nfl. Bradford in that oline would look even worse.

Bradford is behind an OL of Wayne Hunter, Quinn Ojinnaka, Robert Turner, Harvey Dahl and Barry Richardson. I'm fairly sure Bradford has experience with a "questionable" OL.

With Fitz and Roberts, he'd just get the ball out of his hands quickly.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: