Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst Starting QB From Each Division
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Starting QB From Each Division Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Just wanted to see who you guys thought was the worst QB from each division. Here are my thoughts.

-AFC-
EAST: Mark Sanchez
WEST: Matt Cassell
NORTH: Brandon Weeden
SOUTH: Blaine Gabbert

-NFC-
EAST: Robert Griffin III
WEST: Russell Wilson
NORTH: Christian Ponder
SOUTH: Josh Freeman

I hardly think the QB with the highest QB rating in the division is the worst.

The sucks bowl is definitely between Vick vs Romo both have been horrible. I actually think romo isnt too bad his team hasnt helped him. Vick on the other hand has been the liability on his team. Hes soon to be bench by a rookie if he doesnt get his act straight.

So Griffin is better than Romo who has never had his QBR drop below 91 as a starter in a single season, has 3 4000+ yard seasons and 2 30+ TD seasons?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
dahobofest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Starting QB From Each Division Reply with quote

Quote:

The sucks bowl is definitely between Vick vs Romo both have been horrible. I actually think romo isnt too bad his team hasnt helped him. Vick on the other hand has been the liability on his team. Hes soon to be bench by a rookie if he doesnt get his act straight.

When has Romo been horrible? I'm guessing you don't watch Cowboy games?
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it really gotten to the point where some of you actually believe that Vick > Romo?

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
With Fitz and Roberts, he'd just get the ball out of his hands quickly.

A lot of that comes down to playcalling in Arizona. Kolb gets the ball out of his hand quickly, on time and accurately on 3 step drops and the short routes. Arizona's biggest issue is that fact they are going 4 wide with a RB leaking into a route then calling 7 step drops and putting it on our OL to protect for long enough to allow deep downfield plays to develop.

Quote:
Bradford is behind an OL of Wayne Hunter, Quinn Ojinnaka, Robert Turner, Harvey Dahl and Barry Richardson. I'm fairly sure Bradford has experience with a "questionable" OL.

You have spent the past 2-3 weeks praising Hunter for how well he is playing. I understnad on paper they might not be that good, but on the field no OL is playing worse right now, run blocking or pass blocking, than Arizona.

Quote:
Minus the RB situation and Slot.. Kolb has more talent to work with.

Fitz is the biggest difference. Amendola and Roberts are similar players. The OL's are both poor, the St Louis running game is obviously superior right now.

Just for good measure; Arizona ranks 32nd in Football Outsiders Adjusted Line Yards (Run Blocking Measure) with 2.52 YPC, a full yard worse than the 25th ranked Rams.

Arizona Also ranks 32nd in sack rate at 11% of dropbacks resulting in sacks, about 2% worse than the Rams.

If you buy into PFF ratings Arizona has the two worst tackles in the NFL starting for them, the worst guards and the thrid or fourth worst center. The only player on the Arizona line that is not among the 5 worst at their position in the league is Colledge.

Quote:
In those 3 games, he faced defenses that rank #2, #3 and #5 in PPG.

So you want to remove his dominant game against a bad defense and only look at his stats against elite defenses? How is that fair?

I did not remove a good game, I game him props for a good game, but then stated he has struggled big time since.

Kolb against teams who sit in the top 10 in PPG against (2 games and a drive)

51-82, 62.20%, 571 yards, 6.96 YPA, 3 TD's 0 INT's.

Kolb has also played 3 games and a drive against teams who rank in the top 10 in opposing QBR allowed. The teams in 3rd, 5th, 6th and 9th.

Kolb in those games is 80-130 61.54%, 895 yards, 6.88 YPA, 6 TD's to 2 INT's.

Cannot pull the competition card.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
El ramster wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7nS3noty3o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LGX3plK-n4&feature=relmfu

I Kolb has a buffet of talent that we wish we had..
Same with Wilson.. But things will change soon.. 4 first in the next 2 years. Things are looking up..

Andre Roberts becomes our best WR if he were here.

Cards also have the worst oline in nfl. Bradford in that oline would look even worse.

Bradford is behind an OL of Wayne Hunter, Quinn Ojinnaka, Robert Turner, Harvey Dahl and Barry Richardson. I'm fairly sure Bradford has experience with a "questionable" OL.

Thank you. I honestly feel horrible for Sam Bradford. I'm surprised he isn't dead right now with Wayne Hunter starting. Robert Turner was horrible when he replaced Mangold last year. I'm in absolute disarray that Sam Bradford is playing as well as he is. He should be on IR.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Jamison.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst Starting QB From Each Division Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Just wanted to see who you guys thought was the worst QB from each division. Here are my thoughts.

-AFC-

-NFC-

After 4.5 games? Sorry buddy. No. Don't even try to tell me RG3 is already better than Eli & Romo. Please, please don't try and tell me that. Vick, although he has had his hiccups, the guy can flat out make it happen and put the team on his back. At this point, I think most people will agree with me. It's obvious that the only reason you're arguing with me is because you're a biased Redskin fan, who is trying to pimp his player that has expectations that he hasn't scratched.

Jamison.'s Gallery
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

You have spent the past 2-3 weeks praising Hunter for how well he is playing. I understnad on paper they might not be that good, but on the field no OL is playing worse right now, run blocking or pass blocking, than Arizona.

Wayne Hunter has played surprisingly well but that doesn't make our OL good at all.

Quote:
I did not remove a good game, I game him props for a good game, but then stated he has struggled big time since.

Kolb has also played 3 games and a drive against teams who rank in the top 10 in opposing QBR allowed. The teams in 3rd, 5th, 6th and 9th.

Absolutely can. Let me know how Kolb does after he faces the Bears. He was atrocious vs. the Rams and barely played against Seattle.

You're creating a moving target here. Beating up on the Eagles is a far cry from facing the Bears, Seahawks and Cards. And Kolb was absolutely atrocious against the Rams so you can't possibly use that game in his favor. He played well against the Seahawks but he threw 8 freaking passes.

I absolutely can pull the competition card. Once Kolb plays 3 top 5 defenses in a row, we'll see what stats he put up in those games.

Regardless, I think you're completely misguided if you'd rather have Kolb than Bradford. If you flipped things last Thursday, Bradford would have done a whole lot more than Kolb with that offense.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:

Wayne Hunter has played surprisingly well but that doesn't make our OL good at all.

Quote:

Absolutely can. Let me know how Kolb does after he faces the Bears. He was atrocious vs. the Rams and barely played against Seattle.

You're creating a moving target here. Beating up on the Eagles is a far cry from facing the Bears, Seahawks and Cards. And Kolb was absolutely atrocious against the Rams so you can't possibly use that game in his favor. He played well against the Seahawks but he threw 8 freaking passes.

I absolutely can pull the competition card. Once Kolb plays 3 top 5 defenses in a row, we'll see what stats he put up in those games.

Regardless, I think you're completely misguided if you'd rather have Kolb than Bradford. If you flipped things last Thursday, Bradford would have done a whole lot more than Kolb with that offense.

1 - I never said they were good, just not as bad as Arizona.

2 - So the Eagles that rank in the top 10 in PPG allowed (Despite having given up two defensive TD's) and opposing QBR allowed are an easy opponent now.

I beleive it is you that is creating the moving target. You continually refer back to the worst game Kolb has played this year and expect that be his performance level for every game and then on the flipside beleive that the Bradford we saw vs Washington is the Bradford we will see in every game.

It also ignores the fact that the Rams have arguably a top 3 pass defense in the league right now, a very tough unit for Kolb to play against and the big game Bradford came against a defense allowing 29.4 PPG, and has allowed 13 passing TD's while posting an oppostion QBR among the bottom 10 in the NFL.

If atrocious is not turning the ball over under extreme pressure, missing a few throws and overall doing OK, I hate to think what you would classify the Bradford vs the Bears or Bradford vs Seattle performances.

Stop blindly defending the the QB our your team. He has been outplayed thus far this season by Kevin Kolb.

Quote:
If you flipped things last Thursday, Bradford would have done a whole lot more than Kolb with that offense.

I disagree, though it is completely conjecture. I doubt Bradford would have done any better with the protection he was getting combined with the playcalls being thrown in. He might have found some of the throws that Kevin missed, but there are throws that Kevin made that Bradford could have missed.

Kolb tore apart an Eagles secondary that is allowing oppsition QB's to complete 54% of their passes and a QBR of 69. BOTH of those numbers are better than what Arizona or Seattle are putting up right now.

Kolb went, Eagles, Dolphins, Rams in the space of 12 days. All three of those team rank in the top 10 in opposition QBR allowed. Over those thre games Kolb posted;

74-122, 60.66% completions, 835 yards, 6.84 YPA, 5 TD's to 2 INT's.

If that is not good enough against top compeititon, back to back to back, then well...I don't know what is, but I do know that Bradford has not done it.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

2 - So the Eagles that rank in the top 10 in PPG allowed (Despite having given up two defensive TD's) and opposing QBR allowed are an easy opponent now.

The Eagles are 10th and their opposing QBR allowed is one of the best because of Brandon Weeden.

Quote:
I beleive it is you that is creating the moving target. You continually refer back to the worst game Kolb has played this year and expect that be his performance level for every game and then on the flipside beleive that the Bradford we saw vs Washington is the Bradford we will see in every game.

I created a moving target? I only pointed out that the stats you were using came against defenses that ranked #2, #3 and #5. Which you then decided to extend to the top 10(because it suited the stats you wanted to throw out).

And no, that's not even remotely true.

Quote:
If atrocious is not turning the ball over under extreme pressure, missing a few throws and overall doing OK, I hate to think what you would classify the Bradford vs the Bears or Bradford vs Seattle performances.

Bradford was atrocious against the Bears. Against the Seahawks, he was far better than Kolb was against the Rams. His int is the only reason why his QBR isn't in the 80s and that int came on a play where the WR ran a go route when he was supposed to run the curl.

As for Kolb, he did turn it over. And he would have thrown a pick six had it not been for Fitz grabbing Jenkins by his facemask. He was atrocious. He missed a wide open Fitz for a TD, he missed an open Roberts for a TD and he was consistently off in terms of accuracy. His WRs and OL didn't help him out that much either with some bad drops and terrible OL play but Kolb was bad...really bad in fact.

El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ramsherd.com/2012-articles/season/anatomy-of-a-play-patrick-peterson-s-end-zone-interception.html

Nice little read here..

The time will come.. Rise of the Lycans Cool

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Same with Wilson.. But things will change soon.. 4 first in the next 2 years. Things are looking up..

Cards also have the worst oline in nfl. Bradford in that oline would look even worse.

Thank you. I honestly feel horrible for Sam Bradford. I'm surprised he isn't dead right now with Wayne Hunter starting. Robert Turner was horrible when he replaced Mangold last year. I'm in absolute disarray that Sam Bradford is playing as well as he is. He should be on IR.

Turner didn't fill in for Mangold last year. That was Baxter. Turner wasn't on IR.

However, Bradford does have Matt Mulligan. Laughing
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Wayne Hunter has actually been a really pleasant surprise. He's played well at LT. He's not elite but he hasn't been a liability either. Quinn Ojinnaka has been our biggest liability. And Barry Richardson hasn't helped himself with his stupidity.

mozwanted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Starting QB From Each Division Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

-AFC-

-NFC-

So Griffin is better than Romo who has never had his QBR drop below 91 as a starter in a single season, has 3 4000+ yard seasons and 2 30+ TD seasons?

I assumed we were going by the season. Surprised
x0x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my.

Cam in NSouth
Bradford in NWest
Romo in NEast
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
NFC
EAST: Vick
SOUTH: Freeman
WEST: Wilson
NORTH: Cutler/Ponder

AFC
SOUTH: Hasselbeck
EAST: Fitzpatrick
WEST: Cassell
NORTH: Weeden
That's hilarious.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: