Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Worst Starting QB From Each Division
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
http://www.ramsherd.com/2012-articles/season/anatomy-of-a-play-patrick-peterson-s-end-zone-interception.html

Nice little read here..

The time will come.. Rise of the Lycans Cool

Very interest, but I am not sure how you can put any of that on Quick. That ball was thrown short and inside, and but inside I mean WELL inside. The INT is made a good two, two and a half yards inside the back pylon. Not Quick's fault at all.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Oh my.

Cam in NSouth
Bradford in NWest
Romo in NEast

*facepalm*

Even if you think Kolb is better, whatever. He has better stats and I know 99.9% of the people on this site derive their opinions from stats. But Bradford has been easily better than Russell Wilson.

mozwanted wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Just wanted to see who you guys thought was the worst QB from each division. Here are my thoughts.

-AFC-
EAST: Mark Sanchez
WEST: Matt Cassell
NORTH: Brandon Weeden
SOUTH: Blaine Gabbert

-NFC-
EAST: Robert Griffin III
WEST: Russell Wilson
NORTH: Christian Ponder
SOUTH: Josh Freeman

I hardly think the QB with the highest QB rating in the division is the worst.

The sucks bowl is definitely between Vick vs Romo both have been horrible. I actually think romo isnt too bad his team hasnt helped him. Vick on the other hand has been the liability on his team. Hes soon to be bench by a rookie if he doesnt get his act straight.

So Griffin is better than Romo who has never had his QBR drop below 91 as a starter in a single season, has 3 4000+ yard seasons and 2 30+ TD seasons?

I assumed we were going by the season. Surprised

It's the same Romo that he's been his whole career.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
El ramster wrote:
http://www.ramsherd.com/2012-articles/season/anatomy-of-a-play-patrick-peterson-s-end-zone-interception.html

Nice little read here..

Very interest, but I am not sure how you can put any of that on Quick. That ball was thrown short and inside, and but inside I mean WELL inside. The INT is made a good two, two and a half yards inside the back pylon. Not Quick's fault at all.

Could have grabbed him by the facemask and tried to rip his helmet off like Fitz did.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Nice little read here..

Could have grabbed him by the facemask and tried to rip his helmet off like Fitz did.

Touche.

But still that INT is on Bradford. He was put in a tough spot with the blitz, but that throw needs to be at the pylon or outside. Put it where only the receiver can get at the football. Far easier said that done, but trying to apportion on blame for that INT onto Quick is idiocy.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
khodder wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Nice little read here..

Touche.

But still that INT is on Bradford. He was put in a tough spot with the blitz, but that throw needs to be at the pylon or outside. Put it where only the receiver can get at the football. Far easier said that done, but trying to apportion on blame for that INT onto Quick is idiocy.

I'm not blaming Quick but I'm also not upset with Bradford. I think Shurmur and Spags hindered the hell out of his development. And I like that he's being less conservative. Sure, he could have taken the sack. That's the safe play. There were 2 free rushers coming at him. But I like that he threw it up and tried to give our WR a chance. It wasn't accurate but he still took the shot. He'll learn from it and the next one will be more accurate. But he's taking chances. He's taking shots down field. That's what we've wanted from him.

Bradford is developing and developing quickly. I really like the job our coaching staff is doing with him. The guy has every tool imaginable needed to be a great QB. Just has to put them together and he's starting to do that. It's not consistent but I think it'll become more consistent the more experience he gets in this system. I have a lot of confidence in him right now. Not because statistically he's doing great but because I evaluate every single part of his play. I take a lot of time to go over it and I'm seeing improvement. I'm seeing a guy who clearly understands what he's doing wrong and is trying to fix it.

Plus, if people really love their numbers and want to focus on them, look at Bradford's stats in the 4th quarter in 1 score games. People have said since he came out that he lacks the "it" factor. He's not clutch. He's showing this year that he can step his game up when we need it.

So yea, Kolb has better stats and might be playing better right now(although he didn't last Thursday) but I'll take Bradford because I am seeing improvement in all aspects of his game. He's still a young QB with a lot of upside. I don't see much upside in Kolb. I'll take a shot on the young talented kid. Mark my words, Bradford will be a good QB in this league.

be WARE94

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in no world would i take kevin kolb over bradford.....and that's not a knock on kolb....i just think bradford has the potential to be pretty good......not great or amazing.....but pretty damn good
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick IMO..
Sanchez has a beyond terrible 48.4 completion percentage to go with a 66.6 QB rating. Fitz has a 58.3 completion percentage with a QB rating at 84.2.

I can understand being a frustrated fan with your QB's play because Fitz is nothing close to special but Sanchez is the worst QB in the league right now, bar none.

You forgot about Cassel...and the difference in weapons btw KC/NYJ.

As for the other talk, I wish someone like STl or TB would give up on their QB so KC would have a chance at them.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
dahobofest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Worst Starting QB From Each Division Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
Just wanted to see who you guys thought was the worst QB from each division. Here are my thoughts.

-AFC-
EAST: Mark Sanchez
WEST: Matt Cassell
NORTH: Brandon Weeden
SOUTH: Blaine Gabbert

-NFC-
EAST: Robert Griffin III
WEST: Russell Wilson
NORTH: Christian Ponder
SOUTH: Josh Freeman

I hardly think the QB with the highest QB rating in the division is the worst.

The sucks bowl is definitely between Vick vs Romo both have been horrible. I actually think romo isnt too bad his team hasnt helped him. Vick on the other hand has been the liability on his team. Hes soon to be bench by a rookie if he doesnt get his act straight.

So Griffin is better than Romo who has never had his QBR drop below 91 as a starter in a single season, has 3 4000+ yard seasons and 2 30+ TD seasons?

I assumed we were going by the season. Surprised

Even if you go by this season, you should watch the games instead of relying on stats. If you watched Cowboy games you'd see he's playing pretty well despite inept blocking and receiver play.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
Oh my.

Cam in NSouth
Bradford in NWest
Romo in NEast

I understand where these rankings come from... you don't get to watch football in Canada.
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Ryan Fitzpatrick IMO..
Sanchez has a beyond terrible 48.4 completion percentage to go with a 66.6 QB rating. Fitz has a 58.3 completion percentage with a QB rating at 84.2.

I can understand being a frustrated fan with your QB's play because Fitz is nothing close to special but Sanchez is the worst QB in the league right now, bar none.

You forgot about Cassel...and the difference in weapons btw KC/NYJ.

As for the other talk, I wish someone like STl or TB would give up on their QB so KC would have a chance at them.

Don't worry, you'll have Barkley soon enough.
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the Browns future will depend on if Brandon Weeden can step up into the same rung as Dalton and Flacco. If it doesn't look like he'll ever be able to make that step I think we'll have to move on.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
in no world would i take kevin kolb over bradford.....and that's not a knock on kolb....i just think bradford has the potential to be pretty good......not great or amazing.....but pretty damn good

I believe Bradford can be a top 5 QB in this league, and the chances he gets there are greatly improved due to Jeff Fisher taking over the program. Having said that, we are talking about this year, and Kolb has been better than Bradford. Next year, I would expect Bradford to pull into the lead and not relinquish it, but that has yet to happen.

As for the NFCE, Vick has been the worse QB. Eli is clearly the cream of the crop, a bit of a gap followed by Romo, then RG3, then Vick.

AFCE: Mark Sanchez
AFCW: Matt Cassell
AFCN: Brandon Weeden
AFCS: Blaine Gabbert

NFCE: Michael Vick
NFCW: Russell Wilson
NFCN: Christian Ponder (debatable Stafford)
NFCS: Cam Newton (debatable Freeman)
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC North
Aaron Rodgers
Jay Cutler
Matt Stafford
Christian Ponder

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
x0x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

*facepalm*

Even if you think Kolb is better, whatever. He has better stats and I know 99.9% of the people on this site derive their opinions from stats. But Bradford has been easily better than Russell Wilson.

Or, I have a bias against Bradford since he came into the league? Rams should have taken Vick and drafted Suh. Always maintain that.

As for right now? Bradford and Wilson are equals in my mind, but Wilson has the scrambling advantage.

I'm not going to argue Kolb is a good QB, but the rankings I'd do of the NFC West QBs are this:

Alex Smith: 7
Kevin Kolb: 6
Russel Wilson: 5.1
Sam Bradford: 5.0

Pretty weak division for QBs.

And for Cam Newton, I'm speaking this year. He's been bad.
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
NFC North
Aaron Rodgers
Jay Cutler
Matt Stafford
Christian Ponder
How can the QB who has the second highest QB rating and the highest QBR be the worst?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: