Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J.J. Watt loses Sack Lead...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Ben got credited for a touchdown pass that was originally ruled as a lateral against the Eagles...

When did the NFL start changing stats after the games? I blame fantasy football.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
Big Ben got credited for a touchdown pass that was originally ruled as a lateral against the Eagles...

When did the NFL start changing stats after the games? I blame fantasy football.

Well I don't really know how changing a sack from Week 1 benefits fantasy football, I would think that this stat correction doesn't affect fantasy. Imagine if it did and someone won by like 1 point due to that sack... that would change the outcome of their Week 1 game.

Laughing

Nacho Simulation Football League
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Ray Smoodiver wrote:
Tackle for loss is just as good as a sack, people get waaaaaaay too caught up in sack numbers

When is the last time you saw a 7 yard TFL?

Sacks have a much higher average loss.

Anytime the Titans attempted a sweep.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

Well I don't really know how changing a sack from Week 1 benefits fantasy football, I would think that this stat correction doesn't affect fantasy. Imagine if it did and someone won by like 1 point due to that sack... that would change the outcome of their Week 1 game.

Laughing

I blame fantasy football for the involvement of the NFL in changing stats, that doesn't mean everything they do from now on is just because of fantasy. They got involved, and now they have to keep making changes because they can.

Before you know it, Michael Strahan won have the sack record because they'll go back and realize one sack was really a tackle for no gain or something. Brees wont own the touchdown streak record because they'll find one of his touchdowns, the receiver was out of bounds. Super bowls will be overturned. THE ENTIRE NFL WILL CRUMBLE.
nixa37

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

Laughing

I blame fantasy football for the involvement of the NFL in changing stats, that doesn't mean everything they do from now on is just because of fantasy. They got involved, and now they have to keep making changes because they can.

Before you know it, Michael Strahan won have the sack record because they'll go back and realize one sack was really a tackle for no gain or something. Brees wont own the touchdown streak record because they'll find one of his touchdowns, the receiver was out of bounds. Super bowls will be overturned. THE ENTIRE NFL WILL CRUMBLE.

It still happened before fantasy football was all that big. Jevon Kearse had to re-break the rookie sack record back in 1999 because he had one that was initially ruled a sack taken away against the Falcons because it came on a designed run play.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

Laughing

It still happened before fantasy football was all that big. Jevon Kearse had to re-break the rookie sack record back in 1999 because he had one that was initially ruled a sack taken away against the Falcons because it came on a designed run play.

Stop ruining me arguments with your logic.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

Laughing

Stop ruining me arguments with your logic.

Laughing

I like this guy.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Ray Smoodiver wrote:
Tackle for loss is just as good as a sack, people get waaaaaaay too caught up in sack numbers

Anytime the Titans attempted a sweep.

Laughing
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Yfz01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Jared Allen should have broke the sack record last year too.

Aaron Rodgers fumbled the ball on a designed pass, he rolled out to the left while reading the coverage and fumbled. he picked it up and Allen jumped on top of Rodgers, and he was the only defender in the area. Instead of giving Allen the sack, it was designated a "team" sack. What kind of crap is that.

I wish the NFL would give us an explanation on this. Doesn't make sense...

Lil Uno with the sig.
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Ray Smoodiver wrote:

Who's the all-time TFL leader? Is he in the hall? Exactly... TFLs ARE as important as a sack but they're nowhere near as good as a sack in just about everyone's eyes.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: