Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions DT Suh accused of sideswiping car, berating driver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Was it him that was involved in another vehicle accident too with a passenger requesting medical attention and he refused? Or was that someone else.

I thought it was him as well.

It's not unfair to question his maturity, anger and whatever else based on the situations he's found himself in on and off the field over the past several years.

Maybe nothing else happens from this point forward, but it's still fair RIGHT NOW to criticize him for his behavior.


Yeah, that was him.

And yeah, it is fair to criticize him for his behavior.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8912
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
am i reading another article and it said charges were not pressed ONLY because they didnt know whos fault the accident was?

if thats the case then he should be in jail and the cops should be fired, because leaving a scene of an accident is illegal no matter who causes it.


If you can't trust the guy that Suh was at fault, you can't trust him any further that Suh left the scene of the accident.

I think it also should be noted that Suh was simultaneously accused by this guy of berating him, and of leaving the scene of the accident, so...


its illegal to leave an accident before the cops get there. so its not about what the guy said its if he actually left before the cops got there

Quote:
I can assume and read that many ways too. The accuser hit Suh and was hoping to get a pig payday. Yea see assumptions are hilarious.

I am not defending the act if he was ACTUALLY at fault but NOTHING has him at fault.


not assuming anything...the article i read said that they didnt get him for a hit and run because it might not be his fault....which that doesnt matter at all. the accuser could have tried to get a big paid day for it, i dont really care. he could have stalked him for months and at that moment slammed into him, i dont care. he left the scene....thats what matters. if he stopped and berated him even, it doesnt matter, he left the scene of an accident before police got there, and he should punished for it.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9147
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
am i reading another article and it said charges were not pressed ONLY because they didnt know whos fault the accident was?

if thats the case then he should be in jail and the cops should be fired, because leaving a scene of an accident is illegal no matter who causes it.


If you can't trust the guy that Suh was at fault, you can't trust him any further that Suh left the scene of the accident.

I think it also should be noted that Suh was simultaneously accused by this guy of berating him, and of leaving the scene of the accident, so...


its illegal to leave an accident before the cops get there. so its not about what the guy said its if he actually left before the cops got there


Not in all situations, at all. For starters, the laws of vary from the severity of the accident and the state that the accident occurs in. In most cases, however, if neither vehicle is undrivable, and no one was harmed physically, the cops don't need to get involved at all. All that must be done to avoid the punishments for leaving the scene is to stop, speak to the other party involved, and exchange sufficient information for handling it through insurance. You don't get the cops involved for a mild accident that causes only modest or cosmetic damage to the vehicles.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10416
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
am i reading another article and it said charges were not pressed ONLY because they didnt know whos fault the accident was?

if thats the case then he should be in jail and the cops should be fired, because leaving a scene of an accident is illegal no matter who causes it.


If you can't trust the guy that Suh was at fault, you can't trust him any further that Suh left the scene of the accident.

I think it also should be noted that Suh was simultaneously accused by this guy of berating him, and of leaving the scene of the accident, so...


its illegal to leave an accident before the cops get there. so its not about what the guy said its if he actually left before the cops got there


Not in all situations, at all. For starters, the laws of vary from the severity of the accident and the state that the accident occurs in. In most cases, however, if neither vehicle is undrivable, and no one was harmed physically, the cops don't need to get involved at all. All that must be done to avoid the punishments for leaving the scene is to stop, speak to the other party involved, and exchange sufficient information for handling it through insurance. You don't get the cops involved for a mild accident that causes only modest or cosmetic damage to the vehicles.


That only applies if both parties agree. One person can't just decide on their own that they think it's minor and drive off. If you ask most insurance agents they will tell you to always call the cops so that there is a police report for any insurance claim.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9147
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:

That only applies if both parties agree. One person can't just decide on their own that they think it's minor and drive off. If you ask most insurance agents they will tell you to always call the cops so that there is a police report for any insurance claim.


But that's why they can't charge Suh on that, either, because that is again relying on nothing but the story of the other party.

Keep in mind, I'm not arguing whether he did or didn't leave the scene of the accident or whatever. I'm arguing against this, originally:

Quote:
if thats the case then he should be in jail and the cops should be fired, because leaving a scene of an accident is illegal no matter who causes it.

_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8912
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
spilltray wrote:

That only applies if both parties agree. One person can't just decide on their own that they think it's minor and drive off. If you ask most insurance agents they will tell you to always call the cops so that there is a police report for any insurance claim.


But that's why they can't charge Suh on that, either, because that is again relying on nothing but the story of the other party.

Keep in mind, I'm not arguing whether he did or didn't leave the scene of the accident or whatever. I'm arguing against this, originally:

Quote:
if thats the case then he should be in jail and the cops should be fired, because leaving a scene of an accident is illegal no matter who causes it.


the only way that its not illegal is if there is less then, i believe, a 1000 dollars worth of damage. also if the two people exchange insurance information. which anyone will tell you that you shouldnt leave any ways because they could easily say you didnt stop. unless he can prove that he stopped then he should go to jail because if you just said well one person said he did and the other said he didnt then you could just drive off and say you stopped.

but my point is still correct that if you cause the accident or not you have to stop. from what the reports i read it made it sound like that he did not stop and exchange information, which would be the only way that would stop you from not breaking the law.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9147
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

the only way that its not illegal is if there is less then, i believe, a 1000 dollars worth of damage. also if the two people exchange insurance information. which anyone will tell you that you shouldnt leave any ways because they could easily say you didnt stop. unless he can prove that he stopped then he should go to jail because if you just said well one person said he did and the other said he didnt then you could just drive off and say you stopped.

but my point is still correct that if you cause the accident or not you have to stop. from what the reports i read it made it sound like that he did not stop and exchange information, which would be the only way that would stop you from not breaking the law.


Okay, first of all, you would not go to jail for that anyway. I don't know why you keep saying that, because it starts at a ticket, not being put in jail.

Second, the report says he berated him as well. That would be impressive while not stopping.

Last, you have yet to say why he should actually be charged for it. You know, there's that tricky little "innocent until proven guilty" thing in the American justice system that you want to ignore.
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8912
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

the only way that its not illegal is if there is less then, i believe, a 1000 dollars worth of damage. also if the two people exchange insurance information. which anyone will tell you that you shouldnt leave any ways because they could easily say you didnt stop. unless he can prove that he stopped then he should go to jail because if you just said well one person said he did and the other said he didnt then you could just drive off and say you stopped.

but my point is still correct that if you cause the accident or not you have to stop. from what the reports i read it made it sound like that he did not stop and exchange information, which would be the only way that would stop you from not breaking the law.


Okay, first of all, you would not go to jail for that anyway. I don't know why you keep saying that, because it starts at a ticket, not being put in jail.

Second, the report says he berated him as well. That would be impressive while not stopping.

Last, you have yet to say why he should actually be charged for it. You know, there's that tricky little "innocent until proven guilty" thing in the American justice system that you want to ignore.


first you can go to jail. from what i understand most of the time you go to jail then get released with a ticket or get jail time. but it does depend on the situation. (30 days or something like that)

second you dont just have to stop, you have to stop and exchange information. you cant just stop and yell at a guy and consider that fine.

and third its is innocent until proven guilty. but they determine that in court, which is why they go to jail for it. if the person said that he hit him, then he drove off it should be taken to court. there is enough evidence that that happen. i mean maybe there is a huge fact that we are missing. but from what i read, they got in an accident, then suh berated him, then left. the guy then followed him to the lions facility. by law that is hit and run. then the cops said that nothing would be done because they couldnt determine who was at fault...which doesnt matter in a hit and run.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9147
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

first you can go to jail. from what i understand most of the time you go to jail then get released with a ticket or get jail time. but it does depend on the situation. (30 days or something like that)

second you dont just have to stop, you have to stop and exchange information. you cant just stop and yell at a guy and consider that fine.

and third its is innocent until proven guilty. but they determine that in court, which is why they go to jail for it. if the person said that he hit him, then he drove off it should be taken to court. there is enough evidence that that happen. i mean maybe there is a huge fact that we are missing. but from what i read, they got in an accident, then suh berated him, then left. the guy then followed him to the lions facility. by law that is hit and run. then the cops said that nothing would be done because they couldnt determine who was at fault...which doesnt matter in a hit and run.


Um....where?
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8912
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

first you can go to jail. from what i understand most of the time you go to jail then get released with a ticket or get jail time. but it does depend on the situation. (30 days or something like that)

second you dont just have to stop, you have to stop and exchange information. you cant just stop and yell at a guy and consider that fine.

and third its is innocent until proven guilty. but they determine that in court, which is why they go to jail for it. if the person said that he hit him, then he drove off it should be taken to court. there is enough evidence that that happen. i mean maybe there is a huge fact that we are missing. but from what i read, they got in an accident, then suh berated him, then left. the guy then followed him to the lions facility. by law that is hit and run. then the cops said that nothing would be done because they couldnt determine who was at fault...which doesnt matter in a hit and run.


Um....where?


the messed up cars, the fact that he is not where the accident happened and a guy saying he left the scene of the accident. besides having a video of it, i dont know how there could be more evidence.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49887
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

first you can go to jail. from what i understand most of the time you go to jail then get released with a ticket or get jail time. but it does depend on the situation. (30 days or something like that)

second you dont just have to stop, you have to stop and exchange information. you cant just stop and yell at a guy and consider that fine.

and third its is innocent until proven guilty. but they determine that in court, which is why they go to jail for it. if the person said that he hit him, then he drove off it should be taken to court. there is enough evidence that that happen. i mean maybe there is a huge fact that we are missing. but from what i read, they got in an accident, then suh berated him, then left. the guy then followed him to the lions facility. by law that is hit and run. then the cops said that nothing would be done because they couldnt determine who was at fault...which doesnt matter in a hit and run.


Um....where?


the messed up cars, the fact that he is not where the accident happened and a guy saying he left the scene of the accident. besides having a video of it, i dont know how there could be more evidence.



Yet all this assumed evidence led to nothing. Cool story
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8912
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

first you can go to jail. from what i understand most of the time you go to jail then get released with a ticket or get jail time. but it does depend on the situation. (30 days or something like that)

second you dont just have to stop, you have to stop and exchange information. you cant just stop and yell at a guy and consider that fine.

and third its is innocent until proven guilty. but they determine that in court, which is why they go to jail for it. if the person said that he hit him, then he drove off it should be taken to court. there is enough evidence that that happen. i mean maybe there is a huge fact that we are missing. but from what i read, they got in an accident, then suh berated him, then left. the guy then followed him to the lions facility. by law that is hit and run. then the cops said that nothing would be done because they couldnt determine who was at fault...which doesnt matter in a hit and run.


Um....where?


the messed up cars, the fact that he is not where the accident happened and a guy saying he left the scene of the accident. besides having a video of it, i dont know how there could be more evidence.



Yet all this assumed evidence led to nothing. Cool story


im not really sure....umm...thank you?
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 9147
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

the messed up cars, the fact that he is not where the accident happened and a guy saying he left the scene of the accident. besides having a video of it, i dont know how there could be more evidence.


Okay, so wipe out what the guy said, because that's what he said versus what Suh said, so that's worthless. To the bold, what, is he supposed to still be there? I don't understand what you're thinking there.

So you have messed up cars. So the only thing you can really conclude from the "evidence" is that there was a car accident. That's it...
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
18 catches, 259 yards, 2 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NateDawg


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 14784
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If both drivers agree to exchange information and the vehicles are drive-able, the cops don't have to respond. In all cases though, you have to exchange information, even on private property. Otherwise, it is a hit-skip. I'm not sure why the police are derelict in not pursuing any sort of investigation. Who the at fault driver is, is irrelevant.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8912
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

the messed up cars, the fact that he is not where the accident happened and a guy saying he left the scene of the accident. besides having a video of it, i dont know how there could be more evidence.


Okay, so wipe out what the guy said, because that's what he said versus what Suh said, so that's worthless. To the bold, what, is he supposed to still be there? I don't understand what you're thinking there.

So you have messed up cars. So the only thing you can really conclude from the "evidence" is that there was a car accident. That's it...


one car has damage, at least one car has the paint from the other car on. so it would be easy to make the connection that they hit each other. i also dont think suh denied being in an accident with him, sense the cops said there was no ticket because they couldnt determine who was at fault.

so we know that they got in an accident with each other. so then the only thing to dispute is if the accident was at the lions training facility or where the guy said the accident was. but i believe the guy left his car at the scene of the accident and chased suh on foot. so that would also be hard press to prove that the accident happened where at the facility.

i mean there might be something missing from all the reports, couldnt find the official police report, but from what it seems to me is that suh got special treatment. even the quotes from the police i read dont mention anything about how he left the scene.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group