Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions DT Suh accused of sideswiping car, berating driver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:

You have no idea what the other guy involved in the accident said or did so you have no idea if how Suh acted was justified or not. Hell, you don't even know HOW he acted.

It must be fun assuming things.


I made no assumptions in that post.

Notice how I said the word "accusations", and last time I checked I wasn't the guy who wrote the articles that are all over the internet. Either way, the dude freaked out on another driver, was obviously involved in another car accident, the police were needed, and his name is in the news again for his poor behavior. Just because he didn't get a ticket doesn't mean there isn't an issue here. Stuff like this doesn't just happen at random.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8596
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

You have no idea what the other guy involved in the accident said or did so you have no idea if how Suh acted was justified or not. Hell, you don't even know HOW he acted.

It must be fun assuming things.


I made no assumptions in that post.

Notice how I said the word "accusations", and last time I checked I wasn't the guy who wrote the articles that are all over the internet. Either way, the dude freaked out on another driver, was obviously involved in another car accident, the police were needed, and his name is in the news again for his poor behavior. Just because he didn't get a ticket doesn't mean there isn't an issue here. Stuff like this doesn't just happen at random.


I feel like there are a few times in your statement where you're missing the world "allegedly."
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@davebirkett
Dearborn police say the traffic incident involving Lions DT Ndamukong Suh is closed, no tickets will be issued.

Wow Suh was total fail there. Trade him!!!!

Rolling Eyes
What did you think would happen??? Doesn't change the fact that he's an arrogant arse and habitual trouble-maker. Yes, I'd trade him now while he still has some kind of value, and before he goes out and gets himself a multiple game suspension.


Please God no. On a talent deprived team, we cannot trade one of our biggest talents. Hes got a rage problem. Not a bad characteristic for a DT to have. He's far from being one of the problems with the NFL, with all the drug issues, rape, murder, women beating, etc.


Exactly. THis is a non issue IMO. People are also falsely accused of most of what you are mentioned too and later find out they were not guilty.

Accusations mean jack
You sound like a parent protecting their bad arse child. That is exactly what is wrong with society nowadays, and Suh is exactly what's wrong with the Detroit Lions organization.


While that's one thing that I believe is wrong with society, I also think society has a terrible tendency to judge people without hearing the full story.

It requires very little evidence to issue a traffic ticket, so the fact that one wasn't issued says to me that there is very little evidence other than he said she said.


They couldn't determine fault, but he obviously wasn't a model citizen here. Accusations like this don't come out of nowhere, his attitude was extremely poor, and the cops had to be involved. Whether there was a ticket issued or not doesn't really make a difference to me. His behavior and actions either way were extremely poor and this behavior keeps repeating itself.


I don't disagree however we have to be cautious about taking the other individuals word as gospel.

I may be wrong but given the time of day and Suh being very recognizable I would expect the twitter world would have lite up from witnesses.


I agree, and I wasn't saying that everything he said was 100% fact as they are just accusations at this point, but people usually don't make up a car accident and get fake news articles written about them. My only point was that there is behavior here that is questionable and it appears to be an ongoing pattern. I would rather that he follow all traffic laws, behave, and keep his mouth shut. That's all.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

You have no idea what the other guy involved in the accident said or did so you have no idea if how Suh acted was justified or not. Hell, you don't even know HOW he acted.

It must be fun assuming things.


I made no assumptions in that post.

Notice how I said the word "accusations", and last time I checked I wasn't the guy who wrote the articles that are all over the internet. Either way, the dude freaked out on another driver, was obviously involved in another car accident, the police were needed, and his name is in the news again for his poor behavior. Just because he didn't get a ticket doesn't mean there isn't an issue here. Stuff like this doesn't just happen at random.


I feel like there are a few times in your statement where you're missing the world "allegedly."


You get the point. My post was obviously based off the information that the articles have provided. Yes, it could be false and I'm sure there is a fair share of gray area involved, but regardless, something happened, and here we are again.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3279
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

You have no idea what the other guy involved in the accident said or did so you have no idea if how Suh acted was justified or not. Hell, you don't even know HOW he acted.

It must be fun assuming things.


I made no assumptions in that post.

Notice how I said the word "accusations", and last time I checked I wasn't the guy who wrote the articles that are all over the internet. Either way, the dude freaked out on another driver, was obviously involved in another car accident, the police were needed, and his name is in the news again for his poor behavior. Just because he didn't get a ticket doesn't mean there isn't an issue here. Stuff like this doesn't just happen at random.


Because its unheard of for the media to make something out to be more than what it really was.

For all we know the guy is the one who instigated the behavior, his 'poor behavior' resulted in NOTHING. How poor could it have been? How many car accidents have you been in where you were just smiling afterwards, if you say anything more than one then I am concerned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8596
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this accusation really causes this many problems for the Lions in all of your eyes, I'll be right back in a few minutes, because I think I hear Aaron Rodgers, Jared Allen, Jay Cutler, and Jim Harbaugh all peeing in my gas tank outside.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3279
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
If this accusation really causes this many problems for the Lions in all of your eyes, I'll be right back in a few minutes, because I think I hear Aaron Rodgers, Jared Allen, Jay Cutler, and Jim Harbaugh all peeing in my gas tank outside.


To the gallows with them!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
If this accusation really causes this many problems for the Lions in all of your eyes, I'll be right back in a few minutes, because I think I hear Aaron Rodgers, Jared Allen, Jay Cutler, and Jim Harbaugh all peeing in my gas tank outside.
One incident never proves anything. But Suh has shown a pattern of behavior that would lead one to believe that he's a walking time bomb. Or at least a bully, to say the least.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8596
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
If this accusation really causes this many problems for the Lions in all of your eyes, I'll be right back in a few minutes, because I think I hear Aaron Rodgers, Jared Allen, Jay Cutler, and Jim Harbaugh all peeing in my gas tank outside.
One incident never proves anything. But Suh has shown a pattern of behavior that would lead one to believe that he's a walking time bomb. Or at least a bully, to say the least.


That's your opinion, one which I fully understand. My only issue is, and had always been, that people are much to quick to make judgements based on accusations.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25777
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Suh's bad week just got worse. Now he is accused of breaking deposit laws and is being sued.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079842/article/ndamukong-suh-sued-capping-his-unfortunate-week?module=HP11_headline_stack
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DetroitSpirit


Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3279
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Looks like Suh's bad week just got worse. Now he is accused of breaking deposit laws and is being sued.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079842/article/ndamukong-suh-sued-capping-his-unfortunate-week?module=HP11_headline_stack


Damn't now he's mastered white collared crimes too? Let's cut him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detroitroar


Joined: 24 Jan 2011
Posts: 4679
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn
_________________
Team Stylish



2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50228
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@davebirkett
Dearborn police say the traffic incident involving Lions DT Ndamukong Suh is closed, no tickets will be issued.

Wow Suh was total fail there. Trade him!!!!

Rolling Eyes
What did you think would happen??? Doesn't change the fact that he's an arrogant arse and habitual trouble-maker. Yes, I'd trade him now while he still has some kind of value, and before he goes out and gets himself a multiple game suspension.


Please God no. On a talent deprived team, we cannot trade one of our biggest talents. Hes got a rage problem. Not a bad characteristic for a DT to have. He's far from being one of the problems with the NFL, with all the drug issues, rape, murder, women beating, etc.


Exactly. THis is a non issue IMO. People are also falsely accused of most of what you are mentioned too and later find out they were not guilty.

Accusations mean jack
You sound like a parent protecting their bad arse child. That is exactly what is wrong with society nowadays, and Suh is exactly what's wrong with the Detroit Lions organization.


I would ABSOLUTELY defend my child on accusation alone. ANY GOOD parent would. Accusations mean jack. It is sad my kids have to grow up in this modern day society already. So sick and tired of all this bogus crap. Until he is charged, in jail, ticket etc he is INNOCENT!

This is something that belongs on the OMG page.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50228
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Looks like Suh's bad week just got worse. Now he is accused of breaking deposit laws and is being sued.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079842/article/ndamukong-suh-sued-capping-his-unfortunate-week?module=HP11_headline_stack


ONce again we dont know the whole story. The only iron clad thing would be the deposit law and that is really dumb on their part.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25777
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Looks like Suh's bad week just got worse. Now he is accused of breaking deposit laws and is being sued.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000079842/article/ndamukong-suh-sued-capping-his-unfortunate-week?module=HP11_headline_stack


ONce again we dont know the whole story. The only iron clad thing would be the deposit law and that is really dumb on their part.


That's why the word accused was used.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group