Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All-Sophomore Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Wilkerson doesn't play NT. He's a 3-4 DE and should be starting opposite Watt.

Yeah I know but I think he's stout enough to play NT. Would just need to put a little bit of weight. Looking through the other options I thought he would be best out of all the sophomores. It was between him and Casey for me. Probably should have gone with Casey though...

If you would have gone with Casey, then Wilk probably should have started over Corey Liuget.

How's Phil Taylor doing for the Browns?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Yeah I know but I think he's stout enough to play NT. Would just need to put a little bit of weight. Looking through the other options I thought he would be best out of all the sophomores. It was between him and Casey for me. Probably should have gone with Casey though...

If you would have gone with Casey, then Wilk probably should have started over Corey Liuget.

He's been out this whole year so far due to a torn pec. Last year he was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Probably would have Wilk ahead of Liuget, but it's close. Liuget has been playing well lately. Which is why I wanted the Watt-Wilk-Liuget line.

Didn't the Jets talk about possibly using Wilk as a NT? Nothing concerete about tossed around the idea? Or maybe it was just posters on this board that talked about it.

As for Phil Taylor, I like Casey a bit more than him atm. Don't think any of them are true 3-4 NT's though...
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Probably would have Wilk ahead of Liuget, but it's close. Liuget has been playing well lately. Which is why I wanted the Watt-Wilk-Liuget line.

Didn't the Jets talk about possibly using Wilk as a NT? Nothing concerete about tossed around the idea? Or maybe it was just posters on this board that talked about it.

As for Phil Taylor, I like Casey a bit more than him atm. Don't think any of them are true 3-4 NT's though...

You suck for not having Quinn..
Heck Quinn could play some OLB..
He was thought out to be that.. He's a beast
as a DE.. Can you imagine him stranding up Shocked

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Not really. The Jets spent a third round pick on Kenrick Ellis in 2011. He figures to take over for Pouha in a year or two. He has a ton of potential, but is still very raw. The Jets envision a future DL of Wilk-Ellis-Coples.
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
QB- Cam Newton (He's having a rough year but so is Andy Dalton and Ponder is just a game manager. Cam has to score 40 points a game or else they lose)

Unfortunately for Cam he isn't even getting close to 40 points a game… Laughing

The Cam Newton hype train is going to come to a halt here fairly soon and people are going to start wondering about him and rightfully so. His offense is all about deception. His footwork and throwing mechanics are still flawed, his hip rotation isn't good at all. Because of mechanics problems he's got big accuracy problems. He doesn't handle pressure well and his accuracy under pressure takes a big hit. Cam's attitude is popping up here and there too. And his offense is super simplistic and all about deception instead of actually doing things well. Remember that Chud made Derek Anderson look like a pro-bowler at one point and you know who else had a pretty good rookie season before he was figured out? Vince Young.

I didn't think Cam was a good QB prospect and he's shown incredible athleticism in the NFL but I still haven't seen good QB skills. I said it before the draft, there would be three successful QBs from that draft (Locker, Ponder, Dalton) and I'm sticking with that but I might've missed on Kap. I am thoroughly unimpressed with Cam Newton. He's about to come crashing back down to earth in the eyes of fans and media.

Cam has shown much more as a passer than Vince Young ever did. Cam is capable of great accuracy. He isn't making that many mistakes but the fact is that he is hesitating the throws because worried about protecting the football. Secondly he's going for the big play too much instead of checking down. Chud isn't helping him right now. But I do think the offense is being tailored too much to Cam as opposed to being an NFL offense.
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
Meco wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
QB- Cam Newton (He's having a rough year but so is Andy Dalton and Ponder is just a game manager. Cam has to score 40 points a game or else they lose)

Unfortunately for Cam he isn't even getting close to 40 points a game… Laughing

The Cam Newton hype train is going to come to a halt here fairly soon and people are going to start wondering about him and rightfully so. His offense is all about deception. His footwork and throwing mechanics are still flawed, his hip rotation isn't good at all. Because of mechanics problems he's got big accuracy problems. He doesn't handle pressure well and his accuracy under pressure takes a big hit. Cam's attitude is popping up here and there too. And his offense is super simplistic and all about deception instead of actually doing things well. Remember that Chud made Derek Anderson look like a pro-bowler at one point and you know who else had a pretty good rookie season before he was figured out? Vince Young.

I didn't think Cam was a good QB prospect and he's shown incredible athleticism in the NFL but I still haven't seen good QB skills. I said it before the draft, there would be three successful QBs from that draft (Locker, Ponder, Dalton) and I'm sticking with that but I might've missed on Kap. I am thoroughly unimpressed with Cam Newton. He's about to come crashing back down to earth in the eyes of fans and media.

Cam has shown much more as a passer than Vince Young ever did. Cam is capable of great accuracy. He isn't making that many mistakes but the fact is that he is hesitating the throws because worried about protecting the football. Secondly he's going for the big play too much instead of checking down. Chud isn't helping him right now. But I do think the offense is being tailored too much to Cam as opposed to being an NFL offense.

VY was extremely clutch during there stages of their careers. Had some great wins vs the Texans and Giants. He was Tebow before there was a Tebow.

VY was so good that he was touted as a eventual SB winner. That Rose Bowl game MY GOD..

Let's not just think Young was a scrub.. He was a COVETED young hot prospect who enjoyed some great early success. I remember this all to well. He was having a great year as well IIRC.. Then he got hurt and maturity issues arose.. But I remember a ton of Titans fans defending him. It was the year where he played SD.. He was having some tremendous success throwing the ball down the field.

Everyone seems to forget how good this guy was.. Hindsight 20/20 I suppose.

Now Cam can turn this puppy around.. I believe he can and will..

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

I wanted to find a spot for him but with Von Miller and Aldon Smith, I couldn't in a 3-4...

green24 wrote:
Not really. The Jets spent a third round pick on Kenrick Ellis in 2011. He figures to take over for Pouha in a year or two. He has a ton of potential, but is still very raw. The Jets envision a future DL of Wilk-Ellis-Coples.

Long term yes. I just thought I recalled some talk of Wilk playing NT when you guys had injuries piling up at that position. Not ideal, but again not something that Wilk couldn't do...
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:

He wouldn't make it in a 3-4. Lots of our 3-4 teams tried him out pre-draft standing up, way, way, way too stiff to play in coverage.
o_0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Over Aldon or Von? No thanks.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we basing this solely on performance so far, or are we constructing a team that we think will be most successful? I'll just go with the latter here.

QB- Cam Newton
HB- DeMarco Murray
XR- AJ Green
YR- Torrey Smith
LT- Nate Solder
LG- Stefan Wisniewski
C- Mike Pouncey
RG- Danny Watkins
RT- Tyron Smith
TE- Kyle Rudolph
ZR- Julio Jones

LE- JJ Watt
NT- Corey Luiget
RE- Muhammad Wilkerson
LOLB- Von Miller
ILB- Ryan Kerrigan (?)
ILB- Mason Foster
ROLB- Aldon Smith
CB- Patrick Peterson
CB- Richard Sherman
S- Rahim Moore
S- Chris Conte

K- Alex Henery
P- Matt Bosher
KR- Randall Cobb
PR- Patrick Peterson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chris Culliver is better than Patrick Peterson. Not sure why that is. Wink

Beast
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

RB- Demarco Murray

FB- Stanley Havilli

WR- AJ Green

WR- Julio Jones

TE- Kyle Rudolph

LT- Tyron Smith

LG- Stefen Wisniewski (I'm aware he plays Center now)

C- Mike Pouncey

RG- Danny Watkins

RT- Gabe Carimi

LE- JJ Watt

NT- Marcel Dareus

DT- Corey Liuget or Phil Taylor

RE- Robert Quinn

SLB- Von Miller

MLB- Colin Mccarthy

WLB- K.J. Wright (I'm aware he plays SLB. He can probably play both)

CB- Patrick Peterson

CB- Richard Sherman

FS- Rahim Moore

SS- Quinton Carter

Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter are the only safeties that have started from last year that I'm aware of. There isn't a WLB so I think K.J. Wright can play both.

Few changes for me.

* I would have Bruce Miller at FB - guy is an absolute wrecking ball.

* If we are moving players around positionally, I would take Nate Solder over Gabe Carimi.

* Give me Muhammad Wilkerson over all three of those DT's. Liuget had a poor rookie year, and although he played well against the Saints, I would still start Wilkerson and probably Stephen Paea to be honest. Not impressed with Dareus.

* Give me Steven Ridley over Demarco Murray. Much more talented runner, even if he does have fumble issues.

Liuget has been great all year. Tremendous strides and is really becoming a penetrating DE.

Agree with your changes though.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Are we basing this solely on performance so far, or are we constructing a team that we think will be most successful? I'll just go with the latter here.

QB- Cam Newton
HB- DeMarco Murray
XR- AJ Green
YR- Torrey Smith
LT- Nate Solder
LG- Stefan Wisniewski
C- Mike Pouncey
RG- Danny Watkins
RT- Tyron Smith
TE- Kyle Rudolph
ZR- Julio Jones

LE- JJ Watt
NT- Corey Luiget
RE- Muhammad Wilkerson
LOLB- Von Miller
ILB- Ryan Kerrigan (?)
ILB- Mason Foster
ROLB- Aldon Smith
CB- Patrick Peterson
CB- Richard Sherman
S- Rahim Moore
S- Chris Conte

K- Alex Henery
P- Matt Bosher
KR- Randall Cobb
PR- Patrick Peterson

Corey Liuget can't play NT. He plays DE for a reason. Too small. But he's a great DE so far.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Taylor?

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: