Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All-Sophomore Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
QB- Cam Newton (He's having a rough year but so is Andy Dalton and Ponder is just a game manager. Cam has to score 40 points a game or else they lose)

RB- Demarco Murray

FB- Stanley Havilli

WR- AJ Green

WR- Julio Jones

TE- Kyle Rudolph

LT- Tyron Smith

LG- Stefen Wisniewski (I'm aware he plays Center now)

C- Mike Pouncey

RG- Danny Watkins

RT- Gabe Carimi

LE- JJ Watt

NT- Marcel Dareus

DT- Corey Liuget or Phil Taylor

RE- Robert Quinn

SLB- Von Miller

MLB- Colin Mccarthy

WLB- K.J. Wright (I'm aware he plays SLB. He can probably play both)

CB- Patrick Peterson

CB- Richard Sherman

FS- Rahim Moore

SS- Quinton Carter

Rahim Moore and Quinton Carter are the only safeties that have started from last year that I'm aware of. There isn't a WLB so I think K.J. Wright can play both.

Few changes for me.

* I would have Bruce Miller at FB - guy is an absolute wrecking ball.

* If we are moving players around positionally, I would take Nate Solder over Gabe Carimi.

* Give me Muhammad Wilkerson over all three of those DT's. Liuget had a poor rookie year, and although he played well against the Saints, I would still start Wilkerson and probably Stephen Paea to be honest. Not impressed with Dareus.

* Give me Steven Ridley over Demarco Murray. Much more talented runner, even if he does have fumble issues.

Liuget has been great all year. Tremendous strides and is really becoming a penetrating DE.

Agree with your changes though.

So has Wilkerson. He had a very good rookies season and has not disappointed this year. Here's an analysis of Wilkerson following MNF:

green24 wrote:
This is what Bent of thejetsblog.com said about Wilkerson in his analysis of the Texans game:

Quote:
Letís make something clear about Muhammad Wilkersonís impact in this game. He was constantly double-teamed, even on passing downs. Despite this he had a disruptive game, with one hit and three pressures as well as several plays where he got penetration to redirect a runner. He was only in on one run stuff and did get blocked to the ground on two of the bigger running plays, but held his ground the rest of the time. Considering he was facing mostly single-team blocks last year, thereís no doubting how far heís come. I would love to see what he could do alongside a healthy Poíuha this year, but Iím not sure if thatís ever going to happen.

#TeamManfred
dbronx42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rahim Moore should definitely be on this list. And that's coming from the guy who roasted Moore on a weekly basis last season. It's rare to see a guy make such a big improvement to his overall game between his rookie and sophomore year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Rahim Moore should definitely be on this list. And that's coming from the guy who roasted Moore on a weekly basis last season. It's rare to see a guy make such a big improvement to his overall game between his rookie and sophomore year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Wow, really? You guys roasted him hard last year. Can't believe he's progressed that much then.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People should be running a 3-4 with Houston and Miller as the OLB's
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

I love Houston, but Aldon Smith is a better player.

#TeamManfred

Last edited by green24 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

If Smith, didn't exist sure. Its not a slight on Houston as a player, but he's not Aldon Smith.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pretty awesome mock last year. Pains me to see some of these lists. I'm okay with Ridley and Solder though.

17 Ryan Kerrigan
28 Muhammad Wilkerson
33 Stefen Wisniewski
60 (traded for future 1st round pick
74 Demarco Murray
92 Traded for 105 and future 4th
105 Sione Fua
135 Mark Herzlich
156 Brandon Fusco
188 Darius Morris

So by my count..
Elite OLB
Elite DE
Quality C
Semi-Elite RB
Decent NT
Good ST
Depth OL
Depth OL

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Suggesting Houston over Aldon Smith at this point is absurd. Aldon Smith was literally the most impactful pass rusher in the entire league last season per snap. That's reality. Even if Houston were significantly outplaying him through 5 games this season, which he isn't, the 2011 speaks for itself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Green > Julio Jones > Torrey Smith > Randall Cobb, Denarius Moore, Doug Baldwin, Jeremy Kerley, Greg Little

...and I really wanted Jon Baldwin in the draft Embarassed

I think you have to put at least 3 of these guys on the all-sophomore team in favor of whoever the best FB is. Few teams even start a FB anyway.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
AJ Green > Julio Jones > Torrey Smith > Randall Cobb, Denarius Moore, Doug Baldwin, Jeremy Kerley, Greg Little

...and I really wanted Jon Baldwin in the draft Embarassed

I think you have to put at least 3 of these guys on the all-sophomore team in favor of whoever the best FB is. Few teams even start a FB anyway.

You can put reserves on your team.

Does Baldwin and/or Cobb play out of the slot?

#TeamManfred
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many good pass rushers to choose from in that draft. While I would prefer Von Miller, and probably Aldon Smith as a 3-4 Outside LB - I was very much in favour of Watt and Quinn at the time - I am happy that there was enough talent that the Redskins could get someone like Ryan Kerrigan.

In my view, there are six true studs in this draft*: Von Miller, A.J. Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt. I am highly tempted to put Robert Quinn as part of that group, but he hasn't earned it as of yet and therefore I cannot. Nevertheless, it is great to see there is substantive defensive talent coming into the league.

*I leave off Cam Newton and Jake Locker as there are many determinants as to the success or failure of a QB. While that is true for all position players, I think almost can agree with what I am saying.
El ramster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
So many good pass rushers to choose from in that draft. While I would prefer Von Miller, and probably Aldon Smith as a 3-4 Outside LB - I was very much in favour of Watt and Quinn at the time - I am happy that there was enough talent that the Redskins could get someone like Ryan Kerrigan.

In my view, there are six true studs in this draft*: Von Miller, A.J. Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones, Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt. I am highly tempted to put Robert Quinn as part of that group, but he hasn't earned it as of yet and therefore I cannot. Nevertheless, it is great to see there is substantive defensive talent coming into the league.

*I leave off Cam Newton and Jake Locker as there are many determinants as to the success or failure of a QB. While that is true for all position players, I think almost can agree with what I am saying.

But has proven to be exceptional at rushing the passer. You saw the Skins game.. He would constantly beat Trent. Forcing RG out the pocket.. While I'll agree with you that he needs more time.. But the man has 6 sacks with 5 last year coming in limited time. He's just a natural force at rushing the passer. He has been at times better than Long this year. We haven't seen that much natural talent since our Leonard Little days.. But Quinn jumps out the screen.. Where he's at now and could be in 5 years!?!?! That's just a scary thought..

BBL
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

But has proven to be exceptional at rushing the passer. You saw the Skins game.. He would constantly beat Trent. Forcing RG out the pocket.. While I'll agree with you that he needs more time.. But the man has 6 sacks with 5 last year coming in limited time. He's just a natural force at rushing the passer. He has been at times better than Long this year. We haven't seen that much natural talent since our Leonard Little days.. But Quinn jumps out the screen.. Where he's at now and could be in 5 years!?!?! That's just a scary thought..

You and I must have been watching a different game. While he did provide some pressure, the pass rush was felt primarily, almost exclusively, from Long's side. I recall two plays by Quinn where he beat Trent Williams, and on one RG3 should have stepped up into the pocket that was formed.

Like I said, I expect Quinn to get to that point, but as of yet he is clearly not there. Athletically, he can become one of the best pass rushers in the game - that is his potential.

Last edited by footy_29 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

You and I must have been watching a different game. While he did provide some pressure, the pass rush was felt primarily, almost exclusively, from Long's side.

Like I said, I expect Quinn to get to that point, but as of yet he is clearly not there. Athletically, he can become one of the best pass rushers in the game - that is his potential.

I actually agree with you. Quinn still has work to do. He needs to improve his run defense and work on maintaining gap responsibility. As a pass rusher, he has scary potential and I think Waufle is going to make him into a John Abraham esque force...maybe even better but Long is the more consistent and better player right now. Give Quinn time though. He's still only 22.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Needs to be a helluva lot better to make up the difference from 2011.

He's playing like the best 34 OLB in the league right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: