Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moss or Lebron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bigger Athletic Freak?
Randy
36%
 36%  [ 25 ]
Lebron
63%
 63%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 68

Author Message
Yfz01


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 8767
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Superman(DH23)"]
diamondbull424 wrote:
yupyup wrote:

Now Randy Moss... a guy at 6'4" with Olympic level speed is freakish athleticism that you'd see from a Usain Bolt type of sprinter. Most sprinters aren't built so tall and length. Moss combines that with incredibly agility and balance.
Moss does not have olympic class speed and never did. There are 2 guys in the NFL w/ olympic class speed. Jeff Demps who won an olympic silver medal, and RG3 who qualified for the olympics in HS. They are olympic class athletes. Moss was fast, still not as fast Darrell Green in his prime, who is the fastest NFL player I've ever seen. We don't know what Moss actually ran in his prime (only that there is no way in hell it was 4.15 as NBT likes to claim). Lebron has similar measurables to Julius Peppers, and Peppers is probably the biggest freak of an athlete I've ever seen.


NBT isn't the one that claims 4.15, it's Denny Green. A guy that, you know.. coached Randy Moss. Hell, that college coach from Florida State said Moss was a better runner than two Olympic level athletes. You seem to disagree, but I'd trust them (and NBT) over you, when it's clear you've never liked the guy, or argued in favor of him in any thread.

Oh and Moss > Peppers.
_________________


Lil Uno with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 8229
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Darkness wrote:


But you admit that physically he'd be the biggest athletic freak in the entire league, right? Regardless of his skill, he'd be a 6'8", 270lb monster running with 4.4 - 4.5 speed. There's no denying that physically, he possesses everything you need and then some.

Edit - Plus a vertical hovering around 40 inches and a 7 foot wingspan. Shocked


More LeBron myths. Try 6'7" 265(at best) with 4.5 to 4.6 speed.

No, he wouldn't be the biggest athletic freak in the league. In terms of football athleticism, he doesn't rival Calvin Johnson.

And physically, Moss possesses everything you need and then some to be dominant at Basketball. Difference is that Moss beats LeBron in the majority of "athleticism categories".


My fault for adding an extra 5 pounds that you know he doesn't have, and for not subtracting 3/4 quarters of an inch from his height without shoes. And a 4.6? lol You're too much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48660
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Darkness wrote:


But you admit that physically he'd be the biggest athletic freak in the entire league, right? Regardless of his skill, he'd be a 6'8", 270lb monster running with 4.4 - 4.5 speed. There's no denying that physically, he possesses everything you need and then some.

Edit - Plus a vertical hovering around 40 inches and a 7 foot wingspan. Shocked


More LeBron myths. Try 6'7" 265(at best) with 4.5 to 4.6 speed.

No, he wouldn't be the biggest athletic freak in the league. In terms of football athleticism, he doesn't rival Calvin Johnson.

And physically, Moss possesses everything you need and then some to be dominant at Basketball. Difference is that Moss beats LeBron in the majority of "athleticism categories".


My fault for adding an extra 5 pounds that you know he doesn't have, and for not subtracting 3/4 quarters of an inch from his height without shoes. And a 4.6? lol You're too much.


A 4.4? You're too much. I said a 4.5 to a 4.6.

Not my fault that you're another person blinded by the ESPN hype of LeBron that has bought hook, line and sinker into the myths.

Anyone who claims that LeBron is 6'8" 270 with 4.4 speed is full of it.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighMotorGuy


Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
HighMotorGuy wrote:
I agree with the person who said Moss probably wouldn't have made it out of the D League. Basketball is a skill based sport and his athletic ability isn't going to help him to dribble or shoot.

Lebron on the other hand can carry over most of his skills and can no doubt record 1600 yards and 10TDs every season with his combo of size and athleticism.


Oh really? Please explain to me why 6'8" Leonard Pope with 4.6 speed and 37.5 inch VJ isn't a dominant NFL player. Please explain why 6'6" Fendi Onobun with 4.4 speed and a 37.5 inch VJ isn't a dominant NFL player.

Frankly, it amazes me how ignorant some people are of just how intricate the game is at the NFL level both in terms of mentally and technically.

powderblues wrote:
HighMotorGuy wrote:
I agree with the person who said Moss probably wouldn't have made it out of the D League. Basketball is a skill based sport and his athletic ability isn't going to help him to dribble or shoot.

Lebron on the other hand can carry over most of his skills and can no doubt record 1600 yards and 10TDs every season with his combo of size and athleticism.


Yep, its more about skills than just athletic talent. Look at John wall for example, same height as Moss 6'4", just as much as a freakish athlete, but his basketball skills aren't as amazing as his athleticisim.


John Wall isn't even close to as athletic as Moss. Not even on the same planet in terms of athleticism.

Football is just as much about skill and toughness.


Those two guys you named aren't representative of a guy like Lebron. Onobun and Pope are both big and athletic, but terrible at sport because of their natural clumsiness despite their physical talent.

Lebron is the complete package with his combination of skill and athleticism. Guys as big him who have the hand eye coordination to dribble and pass like he does are a rarity. With his talent, it's pretty much a given he would dominate a sport full of athletes who are great despite little experience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 13037
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Darkness wrote:


But you admit that physically he'd be the biggest athletic freak in the entire league, right? Regardless of his skill, he'd be a 6'8", 270lb monster running with 4.4 - 4.5 speed. There's no denying that physically, he possesses everything you need and then some.

Edit - Plus a vertical hovering around 40 inches and a 7 foot wingspan. Shocked


More LeBron myths. Try 6'7" 265(at best) with 4.5 to 4.6 speed.

No, he wouldn't be the biggest athletic freak in the league. In terms of football athleticism, he doesn't rival Calvin Johnson.

And physically, Moss possesses everything you need and then some to be dominant at Basketball. Difference is that Moss beats LeBron in the majority of "athleticism categories".

yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:


At the NBA combine he measured 6'7.25 barefoot, 6'8 in shoes. I'm guessing the NFL doesn't measure in shoes, although it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that he kept growing. He was only like 18 at the time. But even then I can see them listing him at 6'7 regardless of it's right or not. But 250 lbs? No way in hell. No one who knows a thing about LeBron would say he's 250 right now. Anything under 265 is a joke.


I don't necessarily believe it but I'll give you 265(because he could bulk up to that in a NFL strength program) as that's the same weight of Gronk and Graham. Issue is that LeBron doesn't have close to NFL technique.

But getting back to the actual point, why is it that LeBron is a lock for All Pro/HOF status and yet most argue Moss(in his prime Moss) couldn't make the NBA D-League if he had focused on basketball?


I didn't say that, someone else did. I said LeBron had a better chance to be a NFL superstar then Moss did an NBA one. Going by your measurements, it's still much harder to find a super athletic TE who is 6'7 250, then it is to find a 6'4 super athletic SG.


Ok, first of all, Moss would be listed as 6'5" in the NBA. Second of all, name me how many SGs there are in the NBA with Moss's combination of speed, burst, agility and leaping ability? Hint: There are 0. Dwayne Wade is about the closest thing and look how great he is.

As for the NFL, there are quite a few super athletic 6'6" and 6'7" TEs.


I see Westbrook as a shooting guard or a two guard if you get technical. Randy moss had a 39 inch vertical leap. John Wall is comparable, same vert, his speed is lightning particularly on the court, very agile, and is like an inch smaller than moss. Speed on the basketball court is not that same on a football field and vice versa.

To say that Lebron would be a better NFL player than moss a basketball player is understandable. How many football players do you see convert to basketball? How many basketball players do you see convert to NFL? The NFL is full of them. Moss is a freak as a football player but he wouldnt be regarded as a freak as a basketball player. Lebron would still be regarded as a freak as a football player. Now im not saying if lebron was a football player he would be an all-pro because you cant really say that. Neither can i say moss would be a successful NBA player because i dont know. But lets just say the odds are in Lebron's favour to become a more successful NFL Player.
_________________


"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19338
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Yfz01"]
Superman(DH23) wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
yupyup wrote:

Now Randy Moss... a guy at 6'4" with Olympic level speed is freakish athleticism that you'd see from a Usain Bolt type of sprinter. Most sprinters aren't built so tall and length. Moss combines that with incredibly agility and balance.
Moss does not have olympic class speed and never did. There are 2 guys in the NFL w/ olympic class speed. Jeff Demps who won an olympic silver medal, and RG3 who qualified for the olympics in HS. They are olympic class athletes. Moss was fast, still not as fast Darrell Green in his prime, who is the fastest NFL player I've ever seen. We don't know what Moss actually ran in his prime (only that there is no way in hell it was 4.15 as NBT likes to claim). Lebron has similar measurables to Julius Peppers, and Peppers is probably the biggest freak of an athlete I've ever seen.


NBT isn't the one that claims 4.15, it's Denny Green. A guy that, you know.. coached Randy Moss. Hell, that college coach from Florida State said Moss was a better runner than two Olympic level athletes. You seem to disagree, but I'd trust them (and NBT) over you, when it's clear you've never liked the guy, or argued in favor of him in any thread.

Oh and Moss > Peppers.
You can't be serious w/ the old "coaches would know better than you" crap. AJ Green ran a 4.2 at Georgia too right? Deangelo Hall a 4.1 at Va Tech? Coaches lie about speed of their players all the time. Why don't you ask Nixa how good I am w/ judging explosiveness off of tape.

But to answer your question, no I've never liked Moss, and I'll give you one simple reason that anybody who ever played the sport should have. He didn't give it his all every down, every day. Its that simple. Those of us who weren't blessed w/ that ability busted our butts, comitted to the game, put in the work. We love the game, LOVE IT. Guys like Jerry Rice, TO, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald. Guys who love the game so much they did whatever it took to be the best player in the league. When I see a guy like Moss who has every physical gift outside of strength completely waste his talent. Showcase himself in spurts, "play when he wants to play", I have no respect for that player. Even as a Bears fan one of my all time favorite players is Sterling Sharpe, who was one of the greatest WRs in the history of the game. He had the game taken away from him far too soon, meanwhile Moss has had the game handed too him on a silver platter and he's disinterested. No I don't like Randy Moss. Still a top 5 all time WR, but I'm going to put the guys who loved the game ahead of him.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13788
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss isn't the only extremely physically talented player in NFL history. We all hear about how physical attributes can only take you thus far without work ethic yet when it comes to Moss, people would like to convince us and themselves that Moss solely got on because of how talented he is. Which brings it down to either 2 things. Either Moss flat out is the most talented player in NFL history and is the exception or Moss has more work ethic than people are willing to admit. Did he have issues some years (I honestly only believe this applies to his second year in Oakland but I can see the argument for his 1st year and his '09 season, though I think this year proves that it probably has more to do with him just being past his prime)? Yeah. But lets not pretend as if he didn't work hard. You don't get into the argument as the second best receiver in history without working hard.

Unless of course Moss is just that damn talented and that we're to believe NFL players can actually get by solely on their physical talent, which has been proven wrong time and time again. If not, then I don't see how he wasted his talent and certainly wasn't handed anything on a silver platter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 13037
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Moss isn't the only extremely physically talented player in NFL history. We all hear about how physical attributes can only take you thus far without work ethic yet when it comes to Moss, people would like to convince us and themselves that Moss solely got on because of how talented he is. Which brings it down to either 2 things. Either Moss flat out is the most talented player in NFL history and is the exception or Moss has more work ethic than people are willing to admit. Did he have issues some years (I honestly only believe this applies to his second year in Oakland but I can see the argument for his 1st year and his '09 season, though I think this year proves that it probably has more to do with him just being past his prime)? Yeah. But lets not pretend as if he didn't work hard. You don't get into the argument as the second best receiver in history without working hard.

Unless of course Moss is just that damn talented and that we're to believe NFL players can actually get by solely on their physical talent, which has been proven wrong time and time again. If not, then I don't see how he wasted his talent and certainly wasn't handed anything on a silver platter.


He has HIGH football IQ, so thats an indication of his work ethic. You dont develop high football IQ without work.
_________________


"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12988
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:

I see Westbrook as a shooting guard or a two guard if you get technical. Randy moss had a 39 inch vertical leap. John Wall is comparable, same vert, his speed is lightning particularly on the court, very agile, and is like an inch smaller than moss. Speed on the basketball court is not that same on a football field and vice versa.

To say that Lebron would be a better NFL player than moss a basketball player is understandable. How many football players do you see convert to basketball? How many basketball players do you see convert to NFL? The NFL is full of them. Moss is a freak as a football player but he wouldnt be regarded as a freak as a basketball player. Lebron would still be regarded as a freak as a football player. Now im not saying if lebron was a football player he would be an all-pro because you cant really say that. Neither can i say moss would be a successful NBA player because i dont know. But lets just say the odds are in Lebron's favour to become a more successful NFL Player.

1. This is wrong. John Wall actually has a vertical leap of only 30"... his max vertical however is 39"... which is measured with a running start. Moss had AT LEAST a 39" vertical leap (I've seen 39" to 42"). His max vertical would probably be about 45 to 46" or so.

2. This is true. But that being said, basketball tends to rely more on a combination of explosion, agility, and change of direction to represent "speed"... these are all things that Moss possessed at an elite level. Moss isn't Calvin Johnson... Moss had elite level "speed" in anyway you could measure it. The guy could change direction like he's Ray Rice.

3. I actually agree with this. It would probably be easier for LeBron to become a more successful football player than Moss a successful basketball player. Not that I don't think Moss could've been an All-Star level basketball player. I'd just have reservations about actual basketball ability. He did win Mr. Basketball, but was it mostly based on him being a class above everyone else athletically OR was it because of that plus him being a great ball handler/shooter of the basketball. Either way, I lack the necessary info to fully understand his potential.

Anyway, LeBron has great balance and coordination.. also important is that LeBron's COD skills are elite, which you don't see in many of the athletic TEs in the NFL... which is usually one of the biggest reasons as to why they haven't been able to get it done. Seems to me that LeBron could be as good a weapon as a Jimmy Graham... perhaps a little better. I mean, let's not get ahead of ourselves... he's more athletic than Graham, but there's a limit to just how dominant any receiver option can be.

4. Why would any basketball player WANT to convert to football? You get paid less, have less career stability, tend to have a shorter career shelf life... not to mention you get paid less. Iverson was a bigger fan of football growing up than basketball (IIRC), yet he chose to pursue basketball. I'd think any reasonable young man would choose basketball over football given the choice of both... unless he truly LOVES the NFL.. AND he hates the NBA.

5. This is untrue. He clearly was a freak in his state basketball wise. Moss' measurables are elite for basketball as well. Randy Moss' athletic ability on the basketball floor would rival Michael Jordan. You look at Jordan and you see elite COD ability, you see highly explosive athletes (both with verticals around that 39-44" range)... FWIW Jordan could probably jump slightly higher. Moss was definitely faster in terms of long speed however as he had legit 4.15 speed if you listen to his college coach (which is probably closer to 4.25 official) kind of speed whereas Jordan's college coach, Dean Smith, said Jordan ran a 4.3 going into his senior season. Now be it a low 4.3 or a high 4.3, we can only speculate. But either way, we're talking comparable freskish athletes when you mention Jordan and Moss. Jordan was 6'4" and Moss is 6'4"; Jordan has 40"+ vertical, Moss has 40" vertical; Jordan could run sub 4.4, Moss could run sub 4.3 in the forty; both elite COD ability. Both with huge hands for palming the basketball (or for circus NFL grabs).

So to claim that Moss is just some sort of everyday athlete in the NBA is simply ridiculous. Moss in the NBA is Jordan- athletically speaking. Now fundamentally speaking... well Jordan is Jordan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 8229
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Darkness wrote:


But you admit that physically he'd be the biggest athletic freak in the entire league, right? Regardless of his skill, he'd be a 6'8", 270lb monster running with 4.4 - 4.5 speed. There's no denying that physically, he possesses everything you need and then some.

Edit - Plus a vertical hovering around 40 inches and a 7 foot wingspan. Shocked


More LeBron myths. Try 6'7" 265(at best) with 4.5 to 4.6 speed.

No, he wouldn't be the biggest athletic freak in the league. In terms of football athleticism, he doesn't rival Calvin Johnson.

And physically, Moss possesses everything you need and then some to be dominant at Basketball. Difference is that Moss beats LeBron in the majority of "athleticism categories".


My fault for adding an extra 5 pounds that you know he doesn't have, and for not subtracting 3/4 quarters of an inch from his height without shoes. And a 4.6? lol You're too much.


A 4.4? You're too much. I said a 4.5 to a 4.6.

Not my fault that you're another person blinded by the ESPN hype of LeBron that has bought hook, line and sinker into the myths.

Anyone who claims that LeBron is 6'8" 270 with 4.4 speed is full of it.


I'm blinded by the "ESPN hype"? I don't even watch ESPN, so what does that even mean? lol

It's possible for LeBron to be 265 but when someone thinks he's 270, they're full of it. Got it. You clearly have some weird stake in this argument that I don't want to waist anymore time on. Your bias is definitely one of the weirder ones I've seen on this forum. I'll just leave it at that. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yupyup


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Posts: 585
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Darkness wrote:


But you admit that physically he'd be the biggest athletic freak in the entire league, right? Regardless of his skill, he'd be a 6'8", 270lb monster running with 4.4 - 4.5 speed. There's no denying that physically, he possesses everything you need and then some.

Edit - Plus a vertical hovering around 40 inches and a 7 foot wingspan. Shocked


More LeBron myths. Try 6'7" 265(at best) with 4.5 to 4.6 speed.

No, he wouldn't be the biggest athletic freak in the league. In terms of football athleticism, he doesn't rival Calvin Johnson.

And physically, Moss possesses everything you need and then some to be dominant at Basketball. Difference is that Moss beats LeBron in the majority of "athleticism categories".

yupyup wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
yupyup wrote:


At the NBA combine he measured 6'7.25 barefoot, 6'8 in shoes. I'm guessing the NFL doesn't measure in shoes, although it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that he kept growing. He was only like 18 at the time. But even then I can see them listing him at 6'7 regardless of it's right or not. But 250 lbs? No way in hell. No one who knows a thing about LeBron would say he's 250 right now. Anything under 265 is a joke.


I don't necessarily believe it but I'll give you 265(because he could bulk up to that in a NFL strength program) as that's the same weight of Gronk and Graham. Issue is that LeBron doesn't have close to NFL technique.

But getting back to the actual point, why is it that LeBron is a lock for All Pro/HOF status and yet most argue Moss(in his prime Moss) couldn't make the NBA D-League if he had focused on basketball?


I didn't say that, someone else did. I said LeBron had a better chance to be a NFL superstar then Moss did an NBA one. Going by your measurements, it's still much harder to find a super athletic TE who is 6'7 250, then it is to find a 6'4 super athletic SG.


Ok, first of all, Moss would be listed as 6'5" in the NBA. Second of all, name me how many SGs there are in the NBA with Moss's combination of speed, burst, agility and leaping ability? Hint: There are 0. Dwayne Wade is about the closest thing and look how great he is.

As for the NFL, there are quite a few super athletic 6'6" and 6'7" TEs.


I swear you just refuse to give LeBron credit for anything. Randy Moss' basketball ability is so overrated. I've never seen any tape on him that made me even slightly impressed, J-Will was clearly the best player on the team. He wouldn't just walk in, be the most athletic guy in the and dominate. And even if he was the most athletic guy, he's still just a super athletic SG who couldn't really do anything else. Would Moss be the fastest guy in the league? Probably. The most agile? Hell no. Have the highest vert? I sincerely doubt it. You can't really define burst, but it wouldn't be better then Iverson's and his athletic ability wouldn't just take the league by storm and be unguardable.

If you can't see that a 6'7 250 lb TE with LeBron's athleticism is harder to find then a 6'5 210 SG with tremendous athleticism is, then you need help. That's all I can really say at this point, you must be disgusted by basketball players or something because thus isn't even debatable. And I swear if you knew anything about LeBon you would stop with the 265 at best nonsense with him. It's widely accepted that he's 270 at this point, and has been since as early as his last year in Cleveland.

Another thing you keep failing to realize is if LeBron played football and Moss played basketball, LeBron would be even more jacked, fast, and powerful due to the weight room. Moss would not, and would be even lankier then he is right now. So LeBron probably would've ended up running in the high 4.4's at his size with even more muscle and strength.
_________________
Not removing until:

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yfz01


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 8767
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:

I swear you just refuse to give LeBron credit for anything. Randy Moss' basketball ability is so overrated. I've never seen any tape on him that made me even slightly impressed, J-Will was clearly the best player on the team. He wouldn't just walk in, be the most athletic guy in the and dominate. And even if he was the most athletic guy, he's still just a super athletic SG who couldn't really do anything else. Would Moss be the fastest guy in the league? Probably. The most agile? Hell no. Have the highest vert? I sincerely doubt it. You can't really define burst, but it wouldn't be better then Iverson's and his athletic ability wouldn't just take the league by storm and be unguardable.

He's giving Lebron credit. Just saying that the hype machine is out of control. He isn't 6'8, 280, and running a 4.4 like some people make him out to be. And forget about basketball and football, who would be better in track, baseball, soccer, and other sports? That's where I draw athleticism, and usually speed trumps strength. That's why I'd personally take Randy Moss.

If you can't see that a 6'7 250 lb TE with LeBron's athleticism is harder to find then a 6'5 210 SG with tremendous athleticism is, then you need help. That's all I can really say at this point, you must be disgusted by basketball players or something because thus isn't even debatable. And I swear if you knew anything about LeBon you would stop with the 265 at best nonsense with him. It's widely accepted that he's 270 at this point, and has been since as early as his last year in Cleveland.

Lebron is a freak of nature. Randy Moss is a freak of nature. That's why we are having this debate. Both guys are out of this world when it comes to athleticism. Both would be almost impossible to find.


Another thing you keep failing to realize is if LeBron played football and Moss played basketball, LeBron would be even more jacked, fast, and powerful due to the weight room. Moss would not, and would be even lankier then he is right now. So LeBron probably would've ended up running in the high 4.4's at his size with even more muscle and strength.


Moss has been relatively the same size for years. If he played basketball, he would be roughly the same size as he is now. Lebron is a professional athlete that is probably at his optimal size and speed combination. He wouldn't gain another 30 pounds because he's in the NFL.
_________________


Lil Uno with the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8787
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lebron James
_________________
I think that I shall never see, my cataracts are blinding me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48660
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
Have the highest vert? I sincerely doubt it. You can't really define burst, but it wouldn't be better then Iverson's and his athletic ability wouldn't just take the league by storm and be unguardable.


Could say the exact same thing about LeBron.

But who has a better vertical?

Quote:
If you can't see that a 6'7 250 lb TE with LeBron's athleticism is harder to find then a 6'5 210 SG with tremendous athleticism is, then you need help.


That's not the discussion. It's not athletic 6'5" 210 SG vs. athletic 6'7" 260 TE. It's Moss vs. LeBron. There are multiple 6'7" 260 TEs with comparable athleticism to LeBron. Are there multiple players in the NBA with comparable athleticism to Moss? Nope.

Quote:
Another thing you keep failing to realize is if LeBron played football and Moss played basketball, LeBron would be even more jacked, fast, and powerful due to the weight room. Moss would not, and would be even lankier then he is right now. So LeBron probably would've ended up running in the high 4.4's at his size with even more muscle and strength.


LeBron isn't going to end up heavier and faster. That's not how it works. Stop trying to defy logic with your myths.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 48660
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
Randy Moss' basketball ability is so overrated. I've never seen any tape on him that made me even slightly impressed, J-Will was clearly the best player on the team.


What "tape" have you seen of him?
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group