You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are the Best Tripletts in the NFL today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who ya got?
Cutler, Forte, Marshall
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
Vick, McCoy, Maclin
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Flacco, Rice, Smith
13%
 13%  [ 13 ]
Schaub, Foster, Johnson
49%
 49%  [ 46 ]
Ryan, Turner, White
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Romo, Murray, Bryant
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Smith, Gore, Crabtree
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Other
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 93

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^
texans_uk wrote:
We probably edge it simply on name recognition now. I hate to say it but after this season I don't foresee too many people putting Andre Johnson in their top 3 WRs. Schaub is a top 10 QB in most peoples eyes, and Foster can be found anywhere from 1st to 6th on RB lists.

Yeah, erm, ok. This translates to me saying Marshall > Johnson.

Even though that isn't what I meant, and I think only you could do 2 + 2 and get 8, you spoke as if the entire texans fan base has said it.

Sad.
If people actually looked into it, it really wouldn't be debateable right now who is playing better.

Point remains you quoted me and just made up your own conclusion.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^
texans_uk wrote:
We probably edge it simply on name recognition now. I hate to say it but after this season I don't foresee too many people putting Andre Johnson in their top 3 WRs. Schaub is a top 10 QB in most peoples eyes, and Foster can be found anywhere from 1st to 6th on RB lists.

Even though that isn't what I meant, and I think only you could do 2 + 2 and get 8, you spoke as if the entire texans fan base has said it.

Sad.
If people actually looked into it, it really wouldn't be debateable right now who is playing better.

Actually I made a claim that is probably true, you denied its truth, I quoted you where you remarked that Andre wasn't playing like a top 3 WR anymore. You went to 2+2=8, then I pointed out there is very little debate who is playing better right now.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^
texans_uk wrote:

Sad.

Actually I made a claim that is probably true, you denied its truth, I quoted you where you remarked that Andre wasn't playing like a top 3 WR anymore. You went to 2+2=8, then I pointed out there is very little debate who is playing better right now.

No.

I said Andre Johnson isnt playing like a top 3 wr currently.

And you decided that meant "Texans fans will tell you Marshall is better than Johnson"

Ergo 2 + 2 = 8

Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
^^^^^^^^^
texans_uk wrote:

Sad.

No.

I said Andre Johnson isnt playing like a top 3 wr currently.

And you decided that meant "Texans fans will tell you Marshall is better than Johnson"

Ergo 2 + 2 = 8

The last part of that taken out of context might be the most sig worthy material I've ever seen.

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I would take Eli, Nicks, Bradshaw over any of these.

Next would be Houston.

Yes.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Next would be Houston.

Yes.
If all are healthy, i take the Giants trio pretty cleanly right now.

El ramster on the custom sig!
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough call, but I'll go Eli/Nicks(or Cruz)/Bradshaw because QB is easily the most important of the three and Bradshaw is underrated. 2nd - Texans, 3rd - Bears. Very close though.
LikesHAM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Pugger wrote:
incognito_man wrote:

Next would be Houston.

Yes.
If all are healthy, i take the Giants trio pretty cleanly right now.

I agree. I think Eli is a great QB and Nicks is a dominant WR. Bradshaw is good borderline great at times so I think that trio wins.

Also in reference to Cutler, sorry but I've never been impressed at all with him. He had a loaded Broncos team and didn't even manage to have any playoff success in his years there. Whined and got his trade. Then went to Chicago who has a top 10 defense seemingly every year and in his years there has only managed one playoff win against possibly the worst playoff team of all time (7-9 Seahawks).

And we have already seen the best of Cutler IMO. A turnover prone QB who can't fight through adversity in tough games where he he'll just throw INT after INT. Cutler is not a QB I would ever expect a comeback from after he has performed poorly to start a game. I don't think he has what it takes to fight through adversity like an Eli Manning or an Aaron Rodgers.
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers, someone else and someone else.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
flyers0909

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are the Best Tripletts in the NFL today Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Did you really just put Stafford & Dalton ahead of Cutler? Really? Have you paid any attention to the game at all this year. I know everyone wanted to crown Stafford elite after last year but he's thrown just 4 TDs to 5 INTs, and the fact he has CJ to throw it to make it inexcusable. It's not like he's completing a real high% of throws either. Andy Dalton is a much better argument, but his #s are regressing, not getting better.

Going all the way back to Week 5 last year Cutler is 9-1 as a starter. He had one real bad game, and there's no denying it was a bad game where he threw 4 INTs, He also only threw 1 TD in that game. Outside of that 1 game he's thrown 6 TDs to 3 INTs. He's currently 7-7 and unlike Stafford and Dalton he's #s are progressing, not regressing. He also has a 7.8 ypa compared to Stafford's 6.8 ypa. Stafford has not played as well as Cutler has this year by any stretch of the imagination.

And Cutler is?

Cutler has been nowhere near a top 10 QB this year.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are the Best Tripletts in the NFL today Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Did you really just put Stafford & Dalton ahead of Cutler? Really? Have you paid any attention to the game at all this year. I know everyone wanted to crown Stafford elite after last year but he's thrown just 4 TDs to 5 INTs, and the fact he has CJ to throw it to make it inexcusable. It's not like he's completing a real high% of throws either. Andy Dalton is a much better argument, but his #s are regressing, not getting better.

Going all the way back to Week 5 last year Cutler is 9-1 as a starter. He had one real bad game, and there's no denying it was a bad game where he threw 4 INTs, He also only threw 1 TD in that game. Outside of that 1 game he's thrown 6 TDs to 3 INTs. He's currently 7-7 and unlike Stafford and Dalton he's #s are progressing, not regressing. He also has a 7.8 ypa compared to Stafford's 6.8 ypa. Stafford has not played as well as Cutler has this year by any stretch of the imagination.

And Cutler is?

Cutler has been nowhere near a top 10 QB this year.
I'm saying there is no justification for Stafford's QBA to be ahead of Cutler's, same goes for Romo, I for the life of me can't see how it even adds up that way.

flyers0909

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1,493yds 4TD 5INT 62.4% 6.8YPA 79.2 QBR
1,209yds 7TD 7INT 57.7% 7.8YPA 78.7 QBR
1,409yds 7TD 9INT 67.4% 7.5YPA 82.1 QBR

You can't sit there and tell me that one of those is significantly better than the others.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Atlanta
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
1,493yds 4TD 5INT 62.4% 6.8YPA 79.2 QBR
1,209yds 7TD 7INT 57.7% 7.8YPA 78.7 QBR
1,409yds 7TD 9INT 67.4% 7.5YPA 82.1 QBR

You can't sit there and tell me that one of those is significantly better than the others.
One of them is at least even in TD:INT, that QB also happens to have the highest YPA, explain why he has the lowest rating, not to mention he The one in the middle also has the most explosive plays on the least attempts.

I can easily state that Cutler has played better than Romo and Stafford.

flyers0909

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're making it sound like Cutler has played heads an shoulders above those two guys. The dude is barely completing 57% of his passes good for 28th in the league.

Based on 2012 performances, you cannot argue that Cutler is a top 10 QB.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: