Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT - Giants vs. RGIII
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Week 7 GDT - Giants vs. RGIII Reply with quote

Thankfully the Redskins have changed QB's in the offseason. They switched out RGIII for RGIII. No, really. Rex Grossman is really the 3rd. Rex Grossman III. RGIII. Mind. Blown. Right?

With this new, younger, more mobile QB so we likely shouldn't be swept this year because everyone knows that going with a younger more atheletic QB is a horrible idea.

In all seriousness. This is a home game coming off a big road win so we'll probably durp durp this one and lose all respect we've gotten from demolishing the 49ers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im predicting a huge derp by the giants ... just enough for people to be asking about firing coughlin again ... and then we will demolish

Its an ongoing cycle

Bolieve in Masai
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 7 GDT - Giants vs. RGIII Reply with quote

What is Eli's record in October? Hasn't he lost only like 4 games in October in 8 years? I don't like to read too much into that type of history. But, it appears that this is the time of year that the Giants are hitting their stride. The collapse comes around November, and then a sudden resurgence when late in December.

In all seriousness, I like the Giants in this one. At home, against a pretty bad Redskins defense. Even if RG3 goes wild, we should be able to put up points of our own.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slept on them twice last year... This group better be fired up.

31-27 F
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the Skins even have any other players besides RG3?
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Alfred Morris, umm.... nope. Their defense is suspect too. I have confidence in Fewell to gameplan successfully and slow down RGIII. I think we win pretty handily.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Williams is suddenly supposed to be good. Hopefully JPP has something to say about that.

I'm also leery of Shanahan's zone blocking scheme wear offensive linemen are constantly diving at the legs of defensive linemen. I've said in the past that it needs to be done away with. It's effectiveness comes from the fact that defensive linemen become hesitant because they don't want their knees blown out. If there was one word to describe it : dirty. Because of this, Shanahan make the list of coaches I really dislike. In no particular order...

Jim Harbaugh
Jim Schwartz
Greg Schiano
Jeff Fisher
Mike Shanahan

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Trent Williams is suddenly supposed to be good. Hopefully JPP has something to say about that.

I'm also leery of Shanahan's zone blocking scheme wear offensive linemen are constantly diving at the legs of defensive linemen. I've said in the past that it needs to be done away with. It's effectiveness comes from the fact that defensive linemen become hesitant because they don't want their knees blown out. If there was one word to describe it : dirty. Because of this, Shanahan make the list of coaches I really dislike. In no particular order...

Jim Harbaugh
Jim Schwartz
Greg Schiano
Jeff Fisher
Mike Shanahan

Constantly??? ha yeah right .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Alfred Morris, Fred Davis, Trent Williams, Santana Moss, Pierre Garcon (although he's injured currently), Ryan Kerrigan, London Fletcher, Barry Cofield, Brian Orakpo (, Not talking refuse to believe he's done for the year), Perry Riley (he's playing extremely well) etc. Even some of the bit parts like Leonard Hankerson and Josh Morgan provide positive value imo.

The Skins are actually a decently talented team, a good bit more talented than people give them credit for, with a potential superstar qb and a top-tier offensive scheme (imo). We arent there yet, but we'll be making noise in the East shortly.

As it pertains to the game this weekend, you guys obviously are the heavy favorite, and I expect that our subpar secondary and doofus of a d-coordinator will prove too much to overcome against that passing attack you guys feature. Our only path to victory besides you guys laying an egg, would be to control the ball EXTENSIVELY with the run game, and forcing two or three turnovers on defense.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping the Giants don't lay a stinker after an impressive win like they always do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how we are supposed to win this without Brandon "The coke machine" Jacobs. Chalk up another loss due to our impotent offense

^Joe_is_the_best
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Abraham and Jared Allen (sack was against the TE Paulsen) were non-factors against Trent Williams. Having said that, I expect JPP to do well against him and therefore I am looking forward to seeing that duo have at it on Sunday.

I have the Giants winning this one. Here's to an injury free week!

Blknite01's masterpiece
redskins4789

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Nicks playing?
RIP #21 Sean Taylor

Deadpulse on the sig
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:
Is Nicks playing?

He played last week ... should be good to go this week

Bolieve in Masai
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4789 wrote:
Is Nicks playing?

Why wouldn't he be playing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: