Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Justin Blackmon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Our drunkie that can't get separation led all rookies in receptions and yards.

I went and looked at the Blackmon DUI thread, brought some lulz. Good stuff.

Tied for lead in receptions. Evil or Very Mad

#JDI
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Wright doesn't count with his 9 YPC. Scrub.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
jagman777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's with him obviously not being as dedicated as he could be. Just speaks to his raw ability. If he gets his head on straight he's gonna break 1k easily next year with Cecil- Henne, gabbert, tebow, glennon, whoever.

except barkley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Actually hate he did well for a rookie...I have made it clear I didn't like him pre-draft, but a full season, and improving week to week, I just hope we keep Sulivan to continue his progress.

#JDI
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Actually hate he did well for a rookie...I have made it clear I didn't like him pre-draft, but a full season, and improving week to week, I just hope we keep Sulivan to continue his progress.

JB looked good in the 2nd half of the season. To put up those stats as a rook while being shutout against the Texans and only catch 1 ball in the rain in Buffalo is pretty good.

Receptions in last 7 games: 7, 5, 1(rain), 6, 6, 7, 6

Very consistent. I'm very excited about Blackmon/Shorts. They're going to be a dynamic duo.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have liked for Blackmon to come around a little earlier, but I really loved him in the last few games. Looks like a big play threat.

I hate the Jaguars
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:

I stand by everything I said in that thread still. I have my reasons outside of football for vilifying getting behind the wheel intoxicated. When you have two friends and a person you grow up with all die in three separate drunk driving accidents and another two hurt when struck by a drunk driver, it makes it hard not to have an incredibly strong sense of disgust and disdain when people participate in the behavior. I don't expect others who haven't gone through what I have to have those same feelings, but I still believe my stance is completely justified given my history with it. None of that is really relevant at this point though, and I'll keep my view of that silent unless it warrants being brought up again. If he keeps himself clean, there shouldn't be reason to discuss it anymore.

As a player, he struggled early in the year. I'm not sure anyone can debate that he wasn't as least partially to blame for the troubles that he had to start the season. That said, I think the growth in his game that he saw as the season progressed was largely due to him finally figuring out the NFL game more so than it was QB related. He, and Shorts for that matter, is only going to get better with a full offseason conditioning program and *hopefully* another year with Jerry Sullivan. Speaking of conditioning, did anyone see Blackmon gassing at the end of these last few games? I didn't see it, but I wasn't looking for it either.

Now that the season is over, later today I'll go ahead and compile his rookie campaign against all guys who got to 1,000 this year, so we can put in perspective how good he really did for a rookie. I'll also pull out some interesting stuff from his own season.

Shorts, Blackmon, Shipley and Robinson (if he recovers) looks to be a pretty damn good set of receivers if they can continue to grow. And overall, they're young too. Shorts just turned 25, Blackmon is 23, Shipley is 27, Robinson is 27. Throw in a 28 year old Marcedes Lewis and a couple young development guys and this group could potentially be top 5 if we get ourselves a quarterback who can play well. Man, what a difference a year makes, huh? Last year, we looked to have one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL and this year, all of a sudden, we have ourselves a couple budding superstars. It seems almost certain that whoever the QB happens to be, they are going to have no excuses when it comes to the weapons they have around them.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Mr. V

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the other Blackmon thread:

Mr. V wrote:
64 catches on 133 targets, 865 yards, 13.5 ypc, 5 TDs

From PFF:
1 sack allowed in blocking, 2 penalties, 290 YAC, 6 interceptions when targeted, 8 drops, 1 fumble, caused 6 missed tackles

Let's stick to one thread though.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 players made it to 1,000 yards receiving yards.

1 Calvin Johnson - 756
2 Andre Johnson - 976
3 Brandon Marshall - 309
4 Demaryius Thomas - 283
5 Vincent Jackson - 59
6 Dez Bryant - 561
7 Reggie Wayne - 345
8 Wes Welker - 0
9 Roddy White - 446
10 A.J. Green - 1,057
11 Julio Jones - 959
12 Steve Smith - 154
13 Marques Colston - 1,039
14 Michael Crabtree - 625
15 Victor Cruz - 0
16 Brian Hartline - 506
17 Eric Decker - 106
18 Steve Johnson - 102
19 Lance Moore - 0
20 Jason Witten - 347

Only 4 of these players had a better rookie campaign than Blackmon.

And if we expand the list to all the players who had more yards that Blackmon

21 Mike Williams - 964
22 Jimmy Graham - 356
23 Cecil Shorts - 30
24 Randall Cobb - 375
25 Miles Austin - 0
26 Tony Gonzalez - 364
27 Anquan Boldin - 1,377
28 Brandon Lloyd - 212

Only 6 of the 28 players that had more yards than Blackmon has more yards than him when they were rookies.

If there is something to take from this, it's that the fact that while he took until his 10th game to figure it out, that was quicker than what it takes most every receiver. And his rookie campaign outshines Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, the consensus top two receivers in the NFL.

How good was he once he put it together? If you extrapolate his last 8 games out across a 16 game season, you get:
162 targets 82 catches 50.6% 1,280 yards 15.6YPC 8 TDs

Compared to how is first half would have looked across a whole season..
100 targets 46 catches 46% 450 yards 9.8YPC 2TDs

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
bzane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well!

Looks like, despite the knocks against his separation ability, and the hysteria over his DUI- and not exactly having Tom Brady throwing to him- Justin Blackmon had a pretty fair rookie season!

Congratulations to Blackmon, and the Jaguars.

Hope for the future, there!
Mr. V

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can provide more stats from PFF for Blackmon and other players if you guys want them.

Blackmon didn't have a poor rookie season, but it wasn't amazing by any means as he had his struggles. Hopefully he makes improvement like Shorts did.

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
I can provide more stats from PFF for Blackmon and other players if you guys want them.

Blackmon didn't have a poor rookie season, but it wasn't amazing by any means as he had his struggles. Hopefully he makes improvement like Shorts did.

Do you have their subscription?

- Best since day one -
- Gus Bradley
Mr. V

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Do you have their subscription?

ya, share it with someone

Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

I stand by everything I said in that thread still. I have my reasons outside of football for vilifying getting behind the wheel intoxicated. When you have two friends and a person you grow up with all die in three separate drunk driving accidents and another two hurt when struck by a drunk driver, it makes it hard not to have an incredibly strong sense of disgust and disdain when people participate in the behavior. I don't expect others who haven't gone through what I have to have those same feelings, but I still believe my stance is completely justified given my history with it. None of that is really relevant at this point though, and I'll keep my view of that silent unless it warrants being brought up again. If he keeps himself clean, there shouldn't be reason to discuss it anymore.

As a player, he struggled early in the year. I'm not sure anyone can debate that he wasn't as least partially to blame for the troubles that he had to start the season. That said, I think the growth in his game that he saw as the season progressed was largely due to him finally figuring out the NFL game more so than it was QB related. He, and Shorts for that matter, is only going to get better with a full offseason conditioning program and *hopefully* another year with Jerry Sullivan. Speaking of conditioning, did anyone see Blackmon gassing at the end of these last few games? I didn't see it, but I wasn't looking for it either.

Now that the season is over, later today I'll go ahead and compile his rookie campaign against all guys who got to 1,000 this year, so we can put in perspective how good he really did for a rookie. I'll also pull out some interesting stuff from his own season.

Shorts, Blackmon, Shipley and Robinson (if he recovers) looks to be a pretty damn good set of receivers if they can continue to grow. And overall, they're young too. Shorts just turned 25, Blackmon is 23, Shipley is 27, Robinson is 27. Throw in a 28 year old Marcedes Lewis and a couple young development guys and this group could potentially be top 5 if we get ourselves a quarterback who can play well. Man, what a difference a year makes, huh? Last year, we looked to have one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL and this year, all of a sudden, we have ourselves a couple budding superstars. It seems almost certain that whoever the QB happens to be, they are going to have no excuses when it comes to the weapons they have around them.

Completely agreed.

There is a distinction between having an issue with someone's personal conduct off the field, and whether or not you think they're a good player on the field.

Hopefully that preseason lapse in judgment was a wake up call...and hopefully he spends this summer blasting his conditioning, working to hone his natural ability and skillset, and less time drunk behind a wheel.

I do still think we need one more serious weapon at WR, but Shipley has impressed. I think Robinson is pretty much a bust, even if his career isn't basically over. Not someone i'd build into my WR corps at this point at all.

But if we can add 1 more very good WR for the future...i think we might finally be at a place where we can be content with our receiving group for a while. Doesn't have to be a stunning 1st rounder type, but i'd really like to add a 3rd option in the draft. Mid-round type who can develop and contribute. Shorts III is looking a lot like the 1a to Blackmon's 1b that i wanted so much from the start. Though i think a guy with great size or exceptional speed would be the best complement to our two burgeoning studs...as neither are exceptional in either area.
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:

Completely agreed.

There is a distinction between having an issue with someone's personal conduct off the field, and whether or not you think they're a good player on the field.

Hopefully that preseason lapse in judgment was a wake up call...and hopefully he spends this summer blasting his conditioning, working to hone his natural ability and skillset, and less time drunk behind a wheel.

I do still think we need one more serious weapon at WR, but Shipley has impressed. I think Robinson is pretty much a bust, even if his career isn't basically over. Not someone i'd build into my WR corps at this point at all.

But if we can add 1 more very good WR for the future...i think we might finally be at a place where we can be content with our receiving group for a while. Doesn't have to be a stunning 1st rounder type, but i'd really like to add a 3rd option in the draft. Mid-round type who can develop and contribute. Shorts III is looking a lot like the 1a to Blackmon's 1b that i wanted so much from the start. Though i think a guy with great size or exceptional speed would be the best complement to our two burgeoning studs...as neither are exceptional in either area.

You really think Robinson is that bad? I don't think he's our best receiver but I think he's very serviceable at the very least. I think he can be good next season. He was actually peaking in production when he got injured if I remember correctly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: