Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Week Issues?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Bye Week Issues? Reply with quote

We are 6 and 0 and a lot of National Pundits don't think the Falcons are forreal. I personally don't think we are the best team in the NFL but we are def a top 5 team. And I don't think we need to be the "best", as long as we keep improving and continue to stay clutch and injury free we will progress to the playoffs and finally get some playoff success.

That being said, what are our main issues that need to be worked on? The run game? Run defense? Matt Ryan's INT's the last few games? Pass Blocking? Pass Rush?

What do you guys think?

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT play needs to improve. Turner needs to figure something out and take it easy and be rested for the 2nd half of the season. Also getting Peters back in the rotation helps. Another key for me is just getting everyone some rest. Spoon and a few other defenders like Nic have minor injuries. Getting them 100% would help. My last key is to just keep morale up in the locker room. Everyone should be proud to be 6-0 but we also have to know we still have to work hard and improve.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improve in the trenches on both sides. Get our backs some more touches to spark the running game. Touch up our consistency in the passing game.

RIP Joe Pa
mjmiller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oline play, rush d and play calling needs to improve.

Ryan has been getting rushed the last few games and to me it looks like its mostly coming from Garrett Reynolds.

this season we are struggling against the run.

and i do NOT kno what is goin on with our play calling but its pretty bad the last few weeks. we are pretty much abandoning the run and throwing it way to much. and when we do run the ball its in like a jumbo set/goal line situation type formation and Turner has been having problems with that for the past few years. he needs space. we def need to start spreading it out and running the ball more, instead of loading up the line and trying to have him run over everyone.
kja92

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The consensus is that we need to improve upon the Rush D and Rush Offense which is pretty obvious. While Turner has been bad running the ball, I do believe he can be serviceable and the blame should fall upon the oline.

They have certainly improved their pass blocking but we have regressed in the run blocking department TREMENDOUSLY. Sam Baker, Todd McClure, and Tyson Clabo were pushed around by Oakland's Dline last week. Pat Hill needs to reevaluate the Oline and see if their are any improvements that can be made in technique or personnel. I would love to see Peter Konz get some more work and maybe even start.

We have holes on the Dline, linebacking core, could use a young stud at DB, or find a replacement for Tony G or Turner in this upcoming draft but I think Oline should be our #1 priority.

On the defensive side, Nolan should be preaching fundamentals and tackling most of all. Our rush defense has been atrocious. Hopefully we can get Corey Peters back and get a boost on the Dline.

I agree with 100% of the criticism that has been placed on this team recently. While we are 6-0 we have many holes and do not look like a championship team at all. We are nowhere near competing with the Packers, Giants, 49ers, or Bears while they are at their best. Hopefully this bye week the coaching staff will make some adjustments so we can come out of the bye week swinging.
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprently since we lost Ovie we have been terrible in short yardage. When we had Ovie we were one of the best short yardage teams in the league.

Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Apprently since we lost Ovie we have been terrible in short yardage. When we had Ovie we were one of the best short yardage teams in the league.
Don't really think it's him more about the poor oline play.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Don't really think it's him more about the poor oline play.

I definitely won't defend the Oline on their current run blocking. But that Ovie's absence is something to think about. Although he was overpaid and FB is fading out as a position in the NFL, he was the best FB in the league and he opened holes. Our Oline has never been great. Even when they performed well they exceeded expectations.

The Falcons have to do soomething about the trenches on both sides of the ball, but if Ryan continues to run for his life and Turner and Rodgers can't get yards on the ground, we wont win against good teams. Also, the screen game has to be more consistent. It seems like over the past few games, the Falcons have hesistated to throw a screen since Ryan threw a pick on one against the Redskins.

AlexM23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest issue is that you guys play the Eagles next week

Kiltman on the sig
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:

Lol we're terrified.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:

Maybe.. but I dont't think we are that worried because we are playing against a turnover machine. SO maybe you guys should worry about that Cool

adam9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:

Not worried. You guys are good and have a chance to beat us, however with a turnover prone QB and a new DC I see you guys having some issues. It's hard to deny that we have played pretty bad the last 3 weeks. It is also impossible to deny that we are undefeated this season Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching Oakland get dominated by Jacksonville at home. Something we couldnt do to Oakland in the Dome. Thats my issue.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* This team needs to faze out the game plan of playing clock management when we are ahead. We need to bury teams and score.

* When we struggle we fall into a predictable mess of trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

* Lastly, this team needs to to create some 3-5 yard plays that aren't run plays. I know the running game should help shorten downs but we don't have that. It seems as though we try to get the first down in one pass. That is good, but there needs to be some that gain us short yards. We face too many 3rd and longs.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
* This team needs to faze out the game plan of playing clock management when we are ahead. We need to bury teams and score.

* When we struggle we fall into a predictable mess of trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.

* Lastly, this team needs to to create some 3-5 yard plays that aren't run plays. I know the running game should help shorten downs but we don't have that. It seems as though we try to get the first down in one pass. That is good, but there needs to be some that gain us short yards. We face too many 3rd and longs.

I agree. Screens to RBs, WRs, he'll even TEs lol. As well as some short crossing routes to get guys in space to where those short gains could turn into large gains. Think we need to get healthy and regain focus shown earlier in the season. We started off guns-a-blazin against the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers. Against the other three teams it looked like we eased into the game with baby steps. Cory Peters will be big for our run game if he can play within the next week or two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: